Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I ask the waiter for extra lemon slices and make lemonade in my water glass.

My “Tupperware” all came from a Chinese restaurant down the block. My kitchen drawers are filled with theirs and other takeout condiments and cutlery.

I “rent” clothes from online stores by taking advantage of liberal return policies.

I make more money than I probably should given my actual abilities, but loudly complain about the price of everything to anyone near me.

Not only do I bring my own candy to the movies, I bring my own meals to bars. A flask, too. “Another tonic water, please.”

I reuse my tea bags.

My home looks like an advertisement for CostCo.

I haven’t been to a doctor in years and am seriously considering forgoing health insurance next year to cut costs. I work out at home and cook for myself almost every night though, so I should be fine.

My political identity is “no taxes.”

My tipping standards: Literally a perfect meal - 20% and “outstanding” written on the bill. Almost anything else - 5-10% depending on how it rounds out. If there is no chance I will ever see you again (e.g. vacation, etc) - 0% and a Jesus tract. I also furiously check my credit card web portal and ping any and all charges that don’t match my own hazy recollection.

“Put on another sweater if you’re that cold.”

I never bring cash with me and owe a lot of people money from dinners, etc. I never bring up the money I owe people, hoping they’ll just forget about it. If they bring it up, I haggle over the debt.

I fill up on supermarket samples, looping back multiple times and making contrived conversation.

My shampoo, conditioner, and lotion all comes from hotels (pro tip: you can just take them off the housekeeping cart). My toilet paper and soap comes from my work bathroom.

Coat check fee? I’d rather wear it.

You reuse plastic sandwich bags? I reuse condoms :smug:

I never offer to drive when we carpool. If I have to drive, I ask for gas money.

I bum cigarettes from people constantly. I charge people $1 if they ask to bum one from me.

I bring plain steamed rice to potlucks. I take other people’s leftovers home with me.

The bachelorchat threads have become a way of life to me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I’ve lived the lifestyle of a “struggling recent college grad” for several years now despite earning a not terrible middle class income- first accidentally just out of habit, then in order to save up money- and it’s worked. I don’t know how to stop now

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
shalom

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
OP if you're bumming cigs from people you should probably keep the health insurance.

I'm probably the opposite of cheap. My spending habits expand to fit my income. When I'm a billionaire I'll be the guy who goes full Oprah buying Ferraris for people at random.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

still tipping like a goddamn mug though.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

lil' lifehack here just go through people's birdfeeders and pick out all the sunflower seeds and eat those for sustenance

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Tom Gorman posted:

lil' lifehack here just go through people's birdfeeders and pick out all the sunflower seeds and eat those for sustenance

This guy gets it. Careful of those black boxes you find around tho; last one gave me wicked indigestion.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

1redflag posted:

My “Tupperware” all came from a Chinese restaurant down the block. My kitchen drawers are filled with theirs and other takeout condiments and cutlery.

I “rent” clothes from online stores by taking advantage of liberal return policies.

I make more money than I probably should given my actual abilities, but loudly complain about the price of everything to anyone near me.

Not only do I bring my own candy to the movies, I bring my own meals to bars. A flask, too. “Another tonic water, please.”

I reuse my tea bags.

I haven’t been to a doctor in years and am seriously considering forgoing health insurance next year to cut costs. I work out at home and cook for myself almost every night though, so I should be fine.

My tipping standards: Literally a perfect meal - 20% and “outstanding” written on the bill. Almost anything else - 5-10% depending on how it rounds out. If there is no chance I will ever see you again (e.g. vacation, etc) - 0% and a Jesus tract. I also furiously check my credit card web portal and ping any and all charges that don’t match my own hazy recollection.

I never bring cash with me and owe a lot of people money from dinners, etc. I never bring up the money I owe people, hoping they’ll just forget about it. If they bring it up, I haggle over the debt.

I fill up on supermarket samples, looping back multiple times and making contrived conversation.

My shampoo, conditioner, and lotion all comes from hotels (pro tip: you can just take them off the housekeeping cart). My toilet paper and soap comes from my work bathroom.

I never offer to drive when we carpool. If I have to drive, I ask for gas money.

I bum cigarettes from people constantly. I charge people $1 if they ask to bum one from me.

I bring plain steamed rice to potlucks. I take other people’s leftovers home with me.

I was too cheap to pay for health insurance

Then I became ill.

DON'T GAMBLE ON YOUR HEALTH
Anything else, fine, but holy poo poo nothing is worse than pain, nothing.

I beseech you to reconsider not paying for even just the shittiest of health insurance.

n case

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

If you're so cheap why even smoke

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

something something username

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

you broke my grill posted:

If you're so cheap why even smoke

I also own a refrigerator

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

buy some stuff you joyless mooch

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
taxes r good hth

you'd think that would click since you also pilfer basic supplies from work, that's basically your own little tax system

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm halfway convinced that OP is my dad.

My dad would go to restaurants and order hot water, then use the ketchup at the table to make "free tomato soup", even better at restaurants that have saltine packets at the table.

Oftentimes when I visited him on the weekend he'd say to me and my sisters, "Ok, what do you guys wanna do this weekend? I have $10 to cover everything, food and entertainment."

One day he decided that the cost of using a dryer wasn't worth it, and he started just hanging his wet clothing up in his closet to dry. He constantly smelled like mildew.

My dad took me to an all day concert, but before we went he told me that we weren't going to buy any of that overpriced concert food. I had to duct tape plastic bags of fried chicken all over my legs and wear large pants.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Tip posted:

I'm halfway convinced that OP is my dad.

My dad would go to restaurants and order hot water, then use the ketchup at the table to make "free tomato soup", even better at restaurants that have saltine packets at the table.

Oftentimes when I visited him on the weekend he'd say to me and my sisters, "Ok, what do you guys wanna do this weekend? I have $10 to cover everything, food and entertainment."

One day he decided that the cost of using a dryer wasn't worth it, and he started just hanging his wet clothing up in his closet to dry. He constantly smelled like mildew.

My dad took me to an all day concert, but before we went he told me that we weren't going to buy any of that overpriced concert food. I had to duct tape plastic bags of fried chicken all over my legs and wear large pants.

That last one is hysterical, my grandfather used to do poo poo like that

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don’t get hbo. It’s cheaper to rent movies and memorize them.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

you can watch most movies now by watching 4-minute clips on youtube and patching the whole thing together

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Ya ever wash tin foil, op? My mom did. Depression era kids never lose their lessons.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Wait until I tell you about petty shoplifting, OP. You can save thousands per year by just stuffing poo poo in your pockets!

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Burt Sexual posted:

Ya ever wash tin foil, op? My mom did. Depression era kids never lose their lessons.

My millionaire mother washes ziplock bags every day.
:negative:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

1redflag posted:

gently caress off

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Who What Now posted:

gently caress off

^^^^^^^

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

I agree entirely (specially about the tipping)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
One time I shoveled my neighbor's snowed-in driveway through about 3 inches of crusty ice and snow 8 AM on a January saturday after promising she would give me fifty dollars. The whole thing took at least an hour assuming maximum shoveling efficiency.

Several hours later when she came to the driveway she demanded I shovel an extra pathway from the edge of the driveway where I already piled some of the snow for an extra ten minutes, then she gave me an envelope, thanked me for the work, then left the driveway later that day and never returned.

Inside the envelope was twenty-five dollars. Not fifty as said.

I do not shovel snow for her any more.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Should have shoveled $25 worth of snow back on her driveway lololol

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

The Real Amethyst posted:

Wait until I tell you about petty shoplifting, OP. You can save thousands per year by just stuffing poo poo in your pockets!

I just use self checkout and don't scan half of the stuff.

I don't think I'd ever go full shoplift, but gently caress any retailers trying to save a buck by cutting workforce and making me do their jobs.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

1redflag posted:

I reuse my tea bags.

Looks more like 20redflags, OP

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Looks more like 20redflags, OP

:redflag: :drat: :redflag:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Tip posted:

:worship:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Also, lotta high falutin fat cats itt

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

When I was a kid, going out to eat often meant Burger King: we'd be ready for the 99-cent Whopper sales they used to have, roll on in with our little cooler of American cheese slices to put on the burgers since cheese wasn't free, and shamefully slap 'em on right there in the restaurant. Ice water to drink, of course.
The weird thing is, my dad made decent money, it was just spending it on eating out that was somehow a problem. It took me a while to get over the idea that a meal costing more than a dollar was somehow "too expensive", and I still occasionally have to force myself to not cringe when I want to order something other than water to drink.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

FormaldehydeSon posted:

I agree entirely (specially about the tipping)

Finger hovers over buttons for two posters....

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I cringe when I want to order something other than water to drink.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It should be legal for servers to kick anyone who tips below 15% right in the genitals.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It should be legal for anyone that wants to to kick OP in the genitals

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

Rad-daddio posted:

I just use self checkout and don't scan half of the stuff.

I don't think I'd ever go full shoplift, but gently caress any retailers trying to save a buck by cutting workforce and making me do their jobs.

I'm guilty of this. You can't give someone like me the opportunity to scan steaks and salmon as onions and potatoes. It helps that 99% of the employees utterly don't care what you do on the self-check as long as they don't have to fix it. If I had money I'd pay properly but the man has kept me down and I don't have money

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm too poor to go to restaurants.

e: Actual restaurants that would expect tips. Fast food places that sell cheap garbage is within my price range.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
OP, the word for what you are is "miser". You are a miser, engaging in miserly behaviour. You, to verb a noun, mise.

In a couple of months, enjoy your fucken history ghosts.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

this place has the right idea

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I feel like that would encourage people to tip shittily just to get on the board but idk