Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Op should be happy with his cheap 6 hour probe. Shoulda cost alot more IMHO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm too poor to go to restaurants.

e: Actual restaurants that would expect tips. Fast food places that sell cheap garbage is within my price range.

Herein lies the problem that even these cheap lovely fast food places are starting to expect tips (when ordering carryout food from a counter, what the gently caress), especially when you use their debit machines.

I gave a 1 cent tip at a coffee place because the machine had no "no tip" option and the lady literally just spent 5 seconds pouring coffee into a paper cup. And she gave me a funny look after looking at the debit receipt. gently caress you lady.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I often see people lamenting "boomer humor" on the internet. Webcomics of chinless characters talking about how much women are gay or whatever. Now I know the major millennial trigger: talking about not tipping service workers. I'm sending this knowledge to my 60 year old parents over The Facebook as we speak. Let's see their reply... "here's a tip for you, get a *real* job, snowflake!". :smug:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

EorayMel posted:

One time I shoveled my neighbor's snowed-in driveway through about 3 inches of crusty ice and snow 8 AM on a January saturday after promising she would give me fifty dollars. The whole thing took at least an hour assuming maximum shoveling efficiency.

Several hours later when she came to the driveway she demanded I shovel an extra pathway from the edge of the driveway where I already piled some of the snow for an extra ten minutes, then she gave me an envelope, thanked me for the work, then left the driveway later that day and never returned.

Inside the envelope was twenty-five dollars. Not fifty as said.

I do not shovel snow for her any more.

I’d just turned on a water spigot and called it even.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spagghentleman posted:

Herein lies the problem that even these cheap lovely fast food places are starting to expect tips (when ordering carryout food from a counter, what the gently caress), especially when you use their debit machines.

What is this fast food place?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve seen it a few places now, mostly in mom and pop type places that have an iPad with a card reader as their payment system. The only chain I’ve seen it at so far is Jersey Mike’s.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

fast food placed don't expect tips

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

roarpower posted:

fast food placed don't expect tips

I’ve heard differently itt

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve heard differently itt

that's great. when was the last time you gave a mcDonalds employee a tip?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I've worked at a government-owned tourist attraction and the bartenders there couldn't accept tips because in our state it was legally bribery. So if youre that much of a cheapskate just always eat out for dino burgers at the museum and what not.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

roarpower posted:

that's great. when was the last time you gave a mcDonalds employee a tip?

Now your just trying to bait me. Read the thread gently caress head.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

Now your just trying to bait me. Read the thread gently caress head.

burt your're right. I was trying to bait you. still suck that we have to spend our money to try and figure out what 20% is

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Doesn't matter if you think tipping the waitress is a good thing, you got to be on the same page before the heist.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

roarpower posted:

burt your're right. I was trying to bait you. still suck that we have to spend our money to try and figure out what 20% is

I wish you well in your 5th grade math studies

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

I wish you well in your 5th grade math studies

thanks buddy

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The penis head is exactly 20% of the total penis length in all mammals it’s one of those weird quirks of biology like Fibonacci’s spiral.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

The penis head is exactly 20% of the total penis length in all mammals it’s one of those weird quirks of biology like Fibonacci’s spiral.

this needs to be its own thread

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tane posted:

what does? a dickhead thread?

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

Ones that aren't massive chains. Small crappy burger places, burrito places.
I am wondering now if it's just more common here in Canada. Even though I think they're legally required to pay servers full wage up here.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

roarpower posted:

what does? a dickhead thread?

yes we need a thread about the penis not in like a sex way but to like discuss in detail and with lots of pictures what is going on down there. We all have a lot to learn and a lot to gain. Moreso than discussing how cheap and bad the op is

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tane posted:

yes we need a thread about the penis not in like a sex way but to like discuss in detail and with lots of pictures what is going on down there. We all have a lot to learn and a lot to gain. Moreso than discussing how cheap and bad the op is

man, I wish I read what you said. It would have made a lot of sense

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Tane posted:

:justpost:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Stfu and make threads

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

Stfu and make threads

I made one when was the last time you made one?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

roarpower posted:

I made one when was the last time you made one?

Ur dumb and trying to derail this thread. I make a lot (of bad threads)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Burt Sexual posted:

Stfu and make threads

I made a thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902314

Also: is it considered cheap to rush into a general store's bathroom to take a massive poo poo/piss, take a free mint from the bowl on the counter afterward, and then walk out without buying anything?

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

Ur dumb and trying to derail this thread. I make a lot (of bad threads)

I know I am dumb. Is it a secret that (you make a lot of bad threads)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I’ve seen it a few places now, mostly in mom and pop type places that have an iPad with a card reader as their payment system.

It's just prepackaged software, nobody expects tips for fast food (I fully subscribe to tipping well for table service though :eng101:)

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's just prepackaged software, nobody expects tips for fast food (I fully subscribe to tipping well for table service though :eng101:)

Its prepackaged software with different settings. You can definitely change it up.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

God the bachelor thread was so good.

Goon sticking his dick through a hole in his floor and pissing was fantastic

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Atticus_1354 posted:

Its prepackaged software with different settings. You can definitely change it up.

Hoisted by my own tipping opinion petard :rip:

Still I've never seen any quick-service place care about tips, even if it's on their software.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

George H.W. oval office posted:

God the bachelor thread was so good.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Atticus_1354 posted:

I appreciate when the counter person takes the receipt and manually scratches out the "Tip: __" section before handing it to you for signature on a takeout order. It shouldn't be there for takeout orders to begin with, but at least those workers make it easy on you to get around their managers' fuckup of not customizing the software when it was installed.

Also, I have seen a POS tablet lack the option for "No Tip" as was mentioned earlier, but you can enter $0.00 as a custom amount to get the order to go through (again, for takeout orders). Really, though, I just try my damnedest to have cash on hand to avoid these issues entirely.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Looks more like 20redflags, OP

haha

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Tip posted:

One day he decided that the cost of using a dryer wasn't worth it, and he started just hanging his wet clothing up in his closet to dry. He constantly smelled like mildew.

I wonder where this idea stems from. I had to introduce one of my exes to proper laundry a few years back. He was also convinced that the dryer was a waste of money and would hang his clothes in the bathroom or handrail to dry. It took a bit of training and emotional pumping up "You're worth clean clothes that smell good, here let me help you" and "Lookin' sharp, wow you smell great too! Sniff" "Good job!" It worked, but... nobody should think that they're worth less than 4 quarters. :unsmith:

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Good Ol Filbert posted:

I wonder where this idea stems from. I had to introduce one of my exes to proper laundry a few years back. He was also convinced that the dryer was a waste of money and would hang his clothes in the bathroom or handrail to dry. It took a bit of training and emotional pumping up "You're worth clean clothes that smell good, here let me help you" and "Lookin' sharp, wow you smell great too! Sniff" "Good job!" It worked, but... nobody should think that they're worth less than 4 quarters. :unsmith:

A lot of houses where I'm from don't have dryers at all. You can absolutely hang-dry small or light items without them smelling- anything bigger is usually best hung up outside though.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Peanut Butter posted:

A lot of houses where I'm from don't have dryers at all. You can absolutely hang-dry small or light items without them smelling- anything bigger is usually best hung up outside though.

Oh no, I understand that airdrying is a realistic possibility, I live in a sunny place and rely on good weather to dry delicate and polyester clothing (which smells fantastic btw lol). It's just that most apartment complexes are equipped with a small laundromat for convenience, and it took a little persuading for them to use it.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Tom Gorman posted:

I feel like that would encourage people to tip shittily just to get on the board but idk

I would try to get my bill to $4.20 and then tip $.69 but that is almost 16.5% and probably wouldn't make the cut.

Also my grandma used to take my dad and aunt to McDonalds or BK and order hamburgers then put CheeseWiz on them to save $. They did it at the drive through though. Eating inside a ff restaurant makes the purchase taxable, at least it was when I was a teen hanging out with friends.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
HOW CHEAP ARE YOU?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Applewhite posted:

HOW CHEAP ARE YOU?

A man mugged me yesterday and shouted "Your money or your life!"

I'm still trying to decide!