Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

got this about a month ago from a guy named Slava at chapteronetattoo.com in San Diego. i went in with just a basic idea of marble sculptures of Venus and Mars down the backs of my calves. he did a bunch of photoshop work to add in the neon lighting as well as the vertical white lines to give the piece depth.

took 8 hours in the chair and set me back about $1800. the first six hours just hurt like a standard tattoo but for the last two hours i was loving so ready to be done. since the shading goes up behind my knee my leg wasn't happy about bending for the first few days after the work and i had to hobble around a bit. also had to rock sweat pants at my office job so i could keep it lotioned up real good.

For Mars I'm thinking more of an olive drab green with an aggressive red "DEATH" neon tag above it.

Slava is amazing. You can see a bunch of his work on his instagram and some it you'll be hard pressed to believe is actual ink. he's booked 4-6 months out at all times but if you're in SD definitely go check out Chapter One and talk to the artists there

there's a :nws: image about halfway down the page: :nws:https://www.instagram.com/vyacheslavbodrov/?hl=en:nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

You did a real inadequate job of selling the NSFW image on that insta. Goondolences that you didn't get THAT tattoo.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

tattoos are lame

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

tattoos are lame

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
didnt even look at your ink you tattooed loving loser

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Toxic Mental posted:

tattoos are lame

your butt is lame, lame-butt

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

tattoos are lame

Wouldn't go quite that far but tattoos posted on the internet for likes are mega lame

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like amazing technical work but now you've got tits and sex on your leg forever you goober lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Getting a tattoo makes you unique.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Will this Slava guy do a Chinese symbol on my back

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

Will this Slava guy do a Chinese symbol on my back

yes but only if it says "hot dog"

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i don't have any tattoos because they would just be an excuse to eventually post a thread about how stupid i am for getting a tattoo

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

paid $1,800 for some bullshit and then made a post about it

nice double self-own, dork

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I was going to say the thing that used to make tattoos cool is that squares don't like them and thta isn't true anymore but evidently I was wrong, squares still don't like them lol

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cubone posted:

I was going to say the thing that used to make tattoos cool is that squares don't like them and thta isn't true anymore but evidently I was wrong, squares still don't like them lol

only the cool kids smoke with cigarettes

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

tattoos are dumb but at the same time, dick chainsaw from that instagram is p cool

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

mine are pretty alright I reckon

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
most tattoos look gross but i'll admit those slava ones are actually somewhat impressive op

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Like the kid from Once Were Warriors who's rehabilitated into a functioning young man thanks to a Maori youth center, I wear my tattoos on the inside.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Cool tattoo, OP! We had a make fun of your ink thread, but not a brag one.

I like the colors and the design, it's unique and catches your eye. Two thumbs up. :-)

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
gently caress yeah, i got like 18 or some poo poo. Who's counting! I'm hella fukin cool because of my ~sweet~ tattys brah

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Cool!

This is what it will look like in 5 years:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Bullshit. We'll all be dead in 5 years:colbert:

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Tatted up people are sexy, cool, crazy, and can make a mean cup of coffee. :h:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Awful tattoos that are done with a ton of legit artistic skill are somehow worse than straight up jailhouse tats. It's like if Da Vinci had the Mona Lisa licking her own boobs, and painted it on the hood of a 1977 AMC Hornet.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

do you have tattoos, Mr. Frankenstyle?

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Good Ol Filbert posted:

do you have tattoos, Mr. Frankenstyle?

A bunch.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

can I see?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Ruining your skin is for gross satanic frogs.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

"you see dear grandchildren, back in the day there was a minor short lived trend called vaporwave..."

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
I mean I'm not saying that I'm not being hypocritical, and I'm not saying I oppose artistic skill. My stuff is all done by a guy who is very good, and it's mostly a big flowing H.R.Giger-esque thing that's more his abstract landscape style stuff without the sexual imagery or screaming baby heads. Personally I prefer abstract and mostly greyscale / muted colors because it you have it for life. An abstraction can be interpreted differently at different points in your life by both yourself and others. It's open. Batman perched on a tombstone is always gonna be Batman, for the rest of your life.

So maybe it's a little dickish of me and I do recognize the insane level of skill involved in the OP's Tats link, but I think every one of them is a poo poo tattoo that I can't imagine anyone willingly getting.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

the only good goon tattoo is fishmech's CHUMBAWAMBA tattoo

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

I respect his honesty.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Smh tattoo getters will never learn, never get poo poo with soft detail that has a ton of gradients and a lack of hard lines and lacking block saturated color. It ages like poo poo. That tattoo will age like poo poo. I thank christ I never sprung for that style

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Tane posted:

paid $1,800 for some bullshit and then made a post about it

nice double self-own, dork

*goes back to buying gundams and anime blurays*

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I didn't know GBS was weird about tattoos

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Shoehead posted:

I didn't know GBS was weird about tattoos

They arent but they are even less weird about making GBS threads on people.

There's is still always the occasional conservative on here who is going along seriously, though.

immortalyawn fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Oct 29, 2019

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

:smug:

your body and any additions to it will become shittier with time

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I want to get the Chinese symbol for "Celtic Cross" tattooed on my arm.