Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
man this crap is lame
at least you got a job
:fap:
gently caress YOU OP - GOKU
View Results

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
The right of the people to piss and moan shall not be infringed! Complain about some bullshit you gotta put up with or something.

I had to go to work an hour early for a meeting. It was a "team building exercise" followed by an announcement that the devil you know is retiring and the devil you don't know is taking his place.

and I ain't even getting OT for this BS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Okay.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Are dryer vents okay?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Circumcision owns bones

cnut
May 3, 2016

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why the HELL are you working for the devil? :devil:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

Are dryer vents okay?

Does your dryer just blow lint into the house?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Get out of vent or get bent. Imma gently caress you up old style

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
thanks i feel better already

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

We're conducting employee surveys right now and the assistant manager that usually overlooks me on purpose is being super nice to everyone. He was being weirdly physically close to the front desk agent in the morning. He kinda makes me uncomfortable and I didn't like that his opening line to us on his first meeting was, "Who the gently caress put ____ in room 109?" I sat in the meeting thinking like, "oh hell to the no this man isn't about to swear at room full of young women like that". This was my first interaction with him, and I asked my supervisor if his cursing was normal for him because he did it a lot in the meeting. She said that he does curse a lot and that he comes from a family that curses. I gave her a "this is not okay" glance and decided to let it go, like, maybe I'm just being sensitive and need to reflect on it and go home and sleep. Meanwhile, a few of the front desk agents have said that he's not very professional, I figured that it was due to lack of refinement, but I need to stop excusing this guy's behavior. I filled out my portion of the survey honestly, giving mad props to the general manager who puts up with so much BS. One of my coworkers mentioned that they spilled the tea to HR in the anonymous one. I asked, "What tea?" and boy howdy was there some super hot tea to be spilled. I'm just keeping the tea to myself and my head down, figure, not much that I can do about it but watch it all go down. This guy's chaos, and I can handle chaos, I think I make him nervous with my confidence and that's why he goes over my head.

I don't know, we'll see. :coffee:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
The closest bibibop is 20 minutes from my home!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

gently caress, that sucks. My goondolences

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

super sweet best pal posted:

Does your dryer just blow lint into the house?

Yeah. Makes for good insulation and is cost effective too.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

walking?

Also, what's the name of the beef sandwich? It's so good

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Co worker was turning his back to our job because he was really concerned about our supervisor standing there supervising us.

He didn't think "i didn't see him because our work isn't over there" was that good a response to his paranoid rambling

magikid
Nov 4, 2006
Wielder of the Soup Spoon
The local city hall made a city-wide announcement on their PA speakers yesterday to tell us it was going to rain the next day, and just now they made another one to tell us that it's still loving raining. Not exaggerating. :bravo:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
my mouse has been making this additional hollow sort of sound every time i click and enough is enough. after a while it just feels like everyone else is poo poo and why does everything bad happen to me ya know

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i didn't get to drink over the weekend because i got a message friday about work being done on my apartment monday so i had to spend my weekend getting the place ready! friday was my birthday!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

PPPPPPppppfffffffffffffffffffftt

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I had lots of sugar-free candy last night and I am venting out my rear end like every minute this morning.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I'm a student and expected to study and do work, this is bullshit!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

bradzilla posted:

I had lots of sugar-free candy last night and I am venting out my rear end like every minute this morning.

Currently holding up a morning meeting due to burning poop. This is what you call a Power Move

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

dr.acula posted:

PPPPPPppppfffffffffffffffffffftt

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Grevling posted:

I'm a student and expected to study and do work, this is bullshit!
everything anyone but me gets is too good for them!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Who put sex cards in the Gwent deck? Dangit Dandelion we swore to throw away the sex cards!

cnut
May 3, 2016

sweet thursday posted:

Currently holding up a morning meeting due to burning poop. This is what you call a Power Move

Trump itt

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

this is called a register, not a vent!!!

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

My wife and her friends are excited to participate in "no-drink November" and I know I'll be expected to do it too...

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

The Bramble posted:

My wife and her friends are excited to participate in "no-drink November" and I know I'll be expected to do it too...

just get a divorce

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

The Bramble posted:

what the gently caress?

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

The Bramble posted:

gross

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Could be worse...”no-nut November” is a thing.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I came for Doob and I was not disappointed

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Get out of vent or get bent. Imma gently caress you up old style

Poooooiiiiinter! He's starting, he's doing it again, write his name down again, I got chills!

Burnt Dick
May 3, 2018

This is excellent

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Could be worse...”no-nut November” is a thing.

That's crazy! I can't imagine going a whole month without eating any peanuts.

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i have a friend who just becomes a complete and utter hostile douchebag whenever he gets a few drinks into him.

it's a shame, because when he's sober he's alright, but after a few drinks this weird kind of holier-than-thou attitude suddenly rises to the top, and suddenly he's berating complete strangers and talking down to anyone in earshot and behaving like some kind of stern old school-mistress.

the worst part is that over the past few years, it's escalated from this kind of quiet stubborn disapproval of anyone in earshot into a barking belligerent show of outright madness. it keeps becoming more and more of a problem, and i've basically spent the past eighteen months avoiding him, because he can't stop himself from devolving into a screaming self-righteous wreck and turning every evening into a four-carriage train crash. an increasing number of these evenings have ended up with me apologising to others for his behaviour, but he never apologises, except for maybe one occasion that springs to mind when his girlfriend pressures him into it.

speaking of his girlfriend, she's of an increasingly similar bent, and on the last evening i caught up with the two of them, she basically screamed at me for saying that maybe edward snowden had a point, and she literally quoted goebbels by saying "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear". she defends a trumpist mass surveillance autocracy.

as i type this out i realise that these people are both completely and utterly insane and beyond reasoning with, and i should continue avoid them as per my behaviour for the last 18 months.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

I'm about to start dating this girl that i really like and i'm in my 30s and i forgot how much liking a girl a lot sucks. Every moment is like an eternity with both of us constantly second guessing whether the other is just going to never talk to us again. Yesterday i went over to her house and sat on her bed and then put my arm around her and held her hand. and also I touched her butt for the first time. I now long to go back to living alone in trash. but that's impossible. I've hosed up what's left of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

god drat this bitch of an existence