Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
man this crap is lame
at least you got a job
:fap:
gently caress YOU OP - GOKU
View Results

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Crusty Nutsack posted:

yesss a vent thread success story! I'm glad to hear you're doing well and your parent is cancer free, gently caress yeah

Pretty exceptionally gently caress yeah, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

vandalism posted:

Here's my vent. I spent like 6 hours cleaning my house today and I feel like I accomplished NOTHING. It's still a mess. The outside needs powerwashed. I'm frustrated. I have dogs that just tear through and make poo poo dirty, but it's not their fault. I love them and treat them awesome and they have a huge yard + tons of toys + awesome food + bones for days.

I wanna hire someone to come in and clean my poo poo in a whirlwind.

Maybe get a baby-gate and confine them to only certain areas of the house?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Blistex posted:

Maybe get a baby-gate and confine them to only certain areas of the house?

This is a good idea. It's less them than it is me not cleaning well for a while. They are outside a lot and have a big fenced in yard. Really the problem is we've let stuff go. Household of two, both working full time plus and doing grad school classes. Its exhausting and hard to keep up. I shouldn't blame the dogs when I'm the one responsible. I'd like to get a maid or something.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

vandalism posted:

This is a good idea. It's less them than it is me not cleaning well for a while. They are outside a lot and have a big fenced in yard. Really the problem is we've let stuff go. Household of two, both working full time plus and doing grad school classes. Its exhausting and hard to keep up. I shouldn't blame the dogs when I'm the one responsible. I'd like to get a maid or something.

the people I know who have had a cleaning service come in once or twice a month for a couple hours really love it and think it's worth it. if you think it will significantly improve your mood it's probably worth the cost.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Crusty Nutsack posted:

the people I know who have had a cleaning service come in once or twice a month for a couple hours really love it and think it's worth it. if you think it will significantly improve your mood it's probably worth the cost.

I agree with this sentiment. I think i'm going to do it. I am also lol'ing at the fact that I am taking advice about this from forums user Crusty Nutsack. Thank you for brightening my day. :)

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

vandalism posted:

I agree with this sentiment. I think i'm going to do it. I am also lol'ing at the fact that I am taking advice about this from forums user Crusty Nutsack. Thank you for brightening my day. :)

here comes the nutsack! :glomp:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Crust Nutsack for thread MVP. :hai:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Literally A Person posted:

Crust Nutsack for thread MVP. :hai:

:unsmith:

if only I could be mvp of my own life

...:smith:

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

:unsmith:

if only I could be mvp of my own life

...:smith:

I get this. I'm just a background character in mine, it's fine.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
theres never been an unenjoyable dracula thing

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Literally A Person posted:

I'm doing much MUCH better. My parent was declared cancer free, family crazyness has settled to it's regular levels and my life has gone back to normal. Whatever funnel of depression I was slowly being washed down has let up. I'm still kind of recovering from the whole thing but I think I'm doing pretty dang good. Never really did talk to a pro but I DID take the time to actually tell my wife what the hell was going on with me and, who would have guessed it, that made me feel a lot better and of course she totally got it and talked me through what the hell I was feeling without making me feel like a crazy person. So, yeah, I just sucked it up and talked to the person I trust most.

I know, cray cray.

Thanks for the "how you doin?" :)

:discourse:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Been through a few months applying for a job only to get denied. This steams my hams.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

The fact that Canada geese are ever met with anything less than a hail of gunfire wherever they appear belies a grave miscalculation of their character or value as a species

Gunning them down without hesitation is the least we can do

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Geese and seagulls are great because they make humans so goddamn angry

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I thought it was a Canadian rite of passage to punch a goose in the face.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Meh, I have the flu, and my work will be pissed off that I'm not in tomorrow. Although I don't get paid for sick days, and blowing my nose 500 times a day is getting old.

Thanks, thread :sun:

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I don't get paid for sick days

WTF lowtax?!

Call the mod union asap, this is not okay

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Icochet posted:

WTF lowtax?!

Call the mod union asap, this is not okay

A badly drawn spaceship every month: totally worth it

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

all my spring break plans got indefinitely postponed and/or canceled

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Woohoo! I've been furloughed!
Time to start fighting all the other people in my boat over poo poo work that will get me infected!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

House Rabbit
Dec 17, 2008

Don't go into Mr. McGregor's garden: your Father had an accident there; he was put in a pie by Mrs. McGregor.
Just moved into new apartment down the block from old one. Same roommates as well, as we're all friends cohabitating.

Thing is, they have the nastiest loving bathroom habits. I'm talking crumbs(??) And pubes left on the seat, smudge where your rear end crack goes, blood smeared all over the seat and loving rim when one of them is menstruating, weird smudged grime left all around the toilet bowl. One of them is very obese and I've theorized they just can't see it, even after my pointing it out and asking them to clean it like a small child countless times. I gave up eventually.

Anyway. I paid extra for my own fuckin bathroom and it's incredible not cleaning up after them multiple times every single day.

Thing is, still got some work left to do at the old place. I really wish I'd bought those toilet seat covers when I had the chance, because I haven't been over there in over a week.

Wanted to leave early before anyone is awake, but goddamn if that toilet isn't a pure gate into the visage of hell... and I have to pee a LOT :(