Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
My brother told me he knew a dude in college who had played so many games of Goldeneye that he had memorized not just the spawn locations on each multiplayer map, but the order in which the spawns were used, so that if he killed you by the time you respawned he would be waiting for at the next spawn location to instantly dunk on you.

I didn't believe him until several years when I actually played a game of Goldeneye against this dude and it was absolutely true. Like, kind of incredible to behold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Eric the Mauve posted:

Ahh, the good ol' peashooter. My high school friends and I poured approximately eleventy billion hours into Goldeneye, and there were few ruder insults among us than killing someone with the Peashooter. :allears:

I was once one of the victims in a Perfect Game of multiplayer Goldeneye: License/Pistols in the Facility. The best Goldeneye player among my nerdy friends won 20-0-0-0. He camped the spawns so perfectly that like 14 of his kills were insta-spawn-kills, and the rest he was sufficiently fast to kill us before any of us could even kill each other. I would never have believed it if I hadn't been there.

He was also a relentless armor camper, which was the worst thing about Goldeneye. Being able to turn off body armor in Perfect Dark was WONDERFUL because gently caress armor camping.

The second most hilarious way to play multiplayer Goldeneye is License/Throwing Knives, preferably in the Basement. That poo poo takes like a year off my lifespan every game, it's amazing.

The MOST hilarious way to play multiplayer Goldeneye we discovered many years ago: License/Slappers in the Bunker, combat is only allowed in the giant outdoor arena. 30, 45, 60 seconds of full speed circle-strafing each other while dodging in for a quick slap and dodging back out turns out to be incredibly conducive to trash talking. :allears: (the sloooooow windup and slap motion of Slappers is so goofy and so hard to time correctly.)

LtK/Pistols is sweaty af