Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I own a flintlock rifle from the late 1700s that my grandpa passed down to me but is currently in storage at a family members house because I don’t have space for a gun safe at the moment

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Careful with that. If it's in a storage unit or something it can rust and you absolutely do not want that to happen to your piece of history.

Hell, I even have a small rechargeable dehumidifier in my gun cabinet that's in my basement because it gets slightly humid down there.

Seriously pick up some of this then bathe the gun in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh god. Be careful with that stuff. I have my Curio and Relics license so I can get old/collectible firearms shipped directly to my door. They are always LOADED with cosmoline. It can take hours to get that stuff out of your gun.

But, have they rusted?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Never heard of cosmoline eating the furniture. But that's a problem that's easily solved by keeping the cosmoline soaked metal bits separate from the wood.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

madeintaipei posted:

looked fine assembled but the action moved in the stock a freightening amount.

It's a good that happened before the gun fired. i can imagine that the whole upper receiver would blow out of the stock, right into your face.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Goodpancakes posted:

Who knew that post the oldest thing you own would turn into a gun show

everything boils down to either gun parts or bike parts, you've been here long enough to know that