Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Yeah Xavier's behavior made more sense this Week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Anyone else notice Forget-Me-Not got resurrected in X-Men Forever #2?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Who's that

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
I can't believe Exodus is now one of my favorite characters.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

NikkolasKing posted:

So why are the X-Men so tied up with magic?

I think it's more that magic is a big part of the Marvel Universe as a whole. There's some magic stuff in almost every character's history at this point.

X-Men has also been much more flexible with its genre over the years, particularly in the '80s, than many of the rest of Marvel's books. The classic years feature a couple of different space operas, a couple of horror stories, a five-issue arc where New York gets transformed into ancient sword-and-sandal barbarian times, and a long-running bad future that kept sending people back to interfere with what was then their present.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cyclops went and got into a fight with a cthulhu which was trapped on the school's grounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

okay this weeks Rise and Forever are really, really good