Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I've been enjoying Legion of X but drat what a mess of a conclusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I like Spurrier a lot but I chuckled at the absurdity of the plot summary in the latest issue:

compare to a good comic book like x-terminators,

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1621241217517232130

Click through for the whole thread :xd:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1621274773656322048

Going by the early looks of it, it'll be Cannonball, Jubilee, or Jugs.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Wait, Glob has organs?? :psyduck:

edit: okay sometimes he's drawn with them, sometimes he's not. Thought I was going nuts for a sec.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 3, 2023

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

One of my favorite issues remains Wolverine and Nightcrawler letting Cain knock the stuffing out of Colossus because Piotr was a dick to Kitty. Juggernaut just wanted a quiet drink, man.

I know I'm way behind the thread but issue? I missed this somehow

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

lol you weren't kidding, pro click. Got an especially big kick out of the anti-Jugg ad. Krakoan nepotism has gone mad!

radlum
May 13, 2013

These were great. I hope Prodigy or Frenzy win; I like Jubilee but it's time that the vote is won by someone who hasn't been on a TV show.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

man I always end up voting for one of the least popular. RIP Frenzy. Hopefully Juggs gets it then, he was my #2

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Who the heck are Frenzy and Prodigy?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Frenzy is a transforming audio cassette. Odd choice for the XMen

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Frenzy_(G1)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

l33tfuzzbox posted:

I know I'm way behind the thread but issue? I missed this somehow

Uncanny X-Men #183! It's worth it.

Joe Fisto posted:

Frenzy is a transforming audio cassette. Odd choice for the XMen

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Frenzy_(G1)

Oh, we don't need another blue character in X-Men. :smuggo:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

radlum posted:

These were great. I hope Prodigy or Frenzy win; I like Jubilee but it's time that the vote is won by someone who hasn't been on a TV show.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Who the heck are Frenzy and Prodigy?

and here we see the inherent issue with the "vote for the next member of the x-men" concept

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
The race is down to three. We all need to rally behind Juggs or else it'll be Cannonball. And none of us want that, right?

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Adder Moray posted:

The race is down to three. We all need to rally behind Juggs or else it'll be Cannonball. And none of us want that, right?

Frankly, I wouldn't mind that at all. But yeah, my second choice is Juggy.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Alaois posted:

and here we see the inherent issue with the "vote for the next member of the x-men" concept

Crazy to think in a few more years it'll be 40 years since Frenzy was created and yet...

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Should note this is just the results of the Day. That day those three got more votes than the other three, but we don't know how many votes were given at other times.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
The only one I can't be enthusiastic about is Prodigy. He's one of those "constant shots of the smart guy back home in front of the big monitor coordinating everything" types and it's more exciting when Cyclops is doing that on the fly while knocking fools over with eye beams. I voted for Big Juggs but would be equally happy if it was Frenzy, which I gather is super unlikely but whatever, I fuckin loved her in... Legacy, I think? When she fell in love with Scott, that book.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Incidentally, if you missed it this week, Scarlet Witch #2 has Storm just fully casting a magic spell with her powers, which was fun and also kind of finally addressing a lot of the "Yeah Storm just has magic, actually" build-up over the years. Maybe it'll be expanded on even further in other books?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Scarlet Witch really seems like it's shaping up to be a hell of a book.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

rantmo posted:

Scarlet Witch really seems like it's shaping up to be a hell of a book.

it's got a kind of "modernized take on 1970s DC horror anthology books" vibe to it that I deeply appreciate. I know that for legal reasons Baron Winter will not be showing up but in my heart he comes over on weekends for tea

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I kind of hoped Viv would have been a supporting character but it's still excellent.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Re: Scarlet Witch book. I like that she isn't lilly white, and neither is Pietro.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That Dauterman costume design is just magnificent too.

I love all the details and how it looks when she uses her magic.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah the art is really good

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

That Dauterman costume design is just magnificent too.

You don't even need to specify the charatcer when saying this. I don't think there's been a single miss or even lateral improvement in any of his redesigns, they've all been improvements.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Dauterman, McKelvie, and Anka are all undefeated at outfit designs.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
I'm glad he's cashing in doing covers and character designs but he's a top tier storyteller too and it's been too long since he did interiors.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Well that was a quick answer on sinister's lab disappearing

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
the whole event seems like it's gonna be pretty compressed, hope it sustains the good stories despite the rapid pace.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mystique and Destiny taking be gay do crimes to the extreme

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

Incidentally, if you missed it this week, Scarlet Witch #2 has Storm just fully casting a magic spell with her powers, which was fun and also kind of finally addressing a lot of the "Yeah Storm just has magic, actually" build-up over the years. Maybe it'll be expanded on even further in other books?

People forget that Storm being a Goddess is literal twice over.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I feel like at the end of Sins of Sinister I'm gonna need a flowchart of which Sinisters are which and what, like, spade Sinister's whole arc has been in the story compared to Club or diamond.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I feel like at the end of Sins of Sinister I'm gonna need a flowchart of which Sinisters are which and what, like, spade Sinister's whole arc has been in the story compared to Club or diamond.

E&C made a good post on this:

Edge & Christian posted:

This is possibly nitpicking but probably important to discussing current X-Men books: only Diamond Sinisters are Sinisters. Or more accurately, Diamond Essexes are Sinisters.

We knew Nathaniel Essex was doing Mad Science stuff back in the Victorian era pre-Krakoa-comics, and that those experiments (and Apocalypse involvement) turned him into Mister Sinister.

What Immortal X-Men #8 laid out was that Essex had seen (I guess through science and Apocalypse whammies) the inevitability of the Phalanx/Technarch/AI takeover and was driven mad trying to come up with how to stop it. He saw four possible ways of stopping the AI:

1. Humanity continuing to master science
2. Going into space and finding other species who had found a way to defeat the Machines
3. Magic/mysticism, something machines could not understand
4. The "Essex-Men" (i.e. mutants)

Essex died but had set up four clones of himself, each believing that they were the one true Essex, and guided to pursue one of these four options for the next century.

Club/Science Essex went on to become Doctor Stasis.
Spade/Space Essex went on to become Orbis Stellaris.
Heart/Magic Essex presumably but not yet confirmed went on to become Mother Righteous

and Diamond/Mutant Essex became Mister Sinister. Then went on to become many Misters Sinister.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I don't think this is the story for that. I think we'll get that afterwards. Sins is like broad strokes of what happens when Sinister wins.

Though it really does look like this is Destiny playing everyone. We already know that Mystique doesn't live in this timeline, so she's not being fully truthful to Orbis Stellaris. Destiny is going to have to convince Sinister to reset the timeline and not move forward with his plans. They have to be on the same side.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

E&C made a good post on this:

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

For some reason I thought Dr. Stasis and Orbis were the same one and I was like "now how the gently caress did that happen?"

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 9, 2023

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
I have no idea what “We must be on the same side” is leading towards.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Storm really shoulda been more suspicious of Wiz Kid when it's been like ten years and he still looks fifteen :xd:

Wait so where's the real Taki. Is he okay :ohdear:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I don't think this is the story for that. I think we'll get that afterwards. Sins is like broad strokes of what happens when Sinister wins.

Though it really does look like this is Destiny playing everyone. We already know that Mystique doesn't live in this timeline, so she's not being fully truthful to Orbis Stellaris. Destiny is going to have to convince Sinister to reset the timeline and not move forward with his plans. They have to be on the same side.

Not quite, Destiny's visions are not infallible, she sees many divergent possibilities. She could be honest and this a timeline she does not see Mystique's death in yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not quite, Destiny's visions are not infallible, she sees many divergent possibilities. She could be honest and this a timeline she does not see Mystique's death in yet.

I think this is the Empire of the Red Diamond future she saw, since that followed Judgment Day. It ends with the Storm System, which I think we can see a path to already. So I believe she chose this path because she saw it was one where she can manipulate everyone into giving her what she wants, and that's a good outcome for both mutants and for her and Mystique.