Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/KrakoaWelcomes/status/1273329566195441665?s=20

The hashtag is compiling all the swords we've seen or saw mentioned.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

That looks delicious. Please report back and lmk what kind of av/title change you want.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

What did you put in yours? I stuck to the recipe pretty close other than upping the curry paste a bit.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dreqqus posted:

What did you put in yours? I stuck to the recipe pretty close other than upping the curry paste a bit.

I bought some laksa paste and a new can of coconut milk because I had pretty much every other ingredient to make a laksa at home. If I was making a non veg version I'd throw in some fishballs too. :9

3 tbs laksa paste
1/2 tsp tom yum paste
1 tsp thick soy
1/4 can of coconut milk
1 can stock
1/2 can water (or to desired thickness)
Fried tofu puffs
rehydrated Shitake mushrooms
noodles

topping:
snow pea shoots
egg
chili crisp
fried shallots

Cook noodles, throw everything else inside another pot, bring to boil then simmer while your noodles cook. I had thick noodles which took about 8 minutes to cook? Bowl everything then add your toppings. Makes 2 bowls.

How Wonderful! posted:

That looks delicious. Please report back and lmk what kind of av/title change you want.
It was super yummy!

Just this and my gangtags thanks :3:

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
I'll try the fried tofu puffs next time, I just cubed mine. I really enjoyed the dish overall but I would've liked a bit more body or crunch or something.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I love fried tofu puffs because they're spongy so they soak up the sauce super well, and the texture of a tofu puff is close to meaty chew. Versatile too, cut and throw them in soup /sauce, stuff, sautee, etc. I had enough leftover ingredients to make another batch today and I skipped the noodles and just put the rest of the tofu puffs in, sliced into chunks.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I love tofu and eat it probably 3-4 times a week but I'm ashamed to say it never occurred to me to make or have those fried puffs at home.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This please

https://twitter.com/comicbookqueers/status/1274118114930823175?s=20

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey uh, what happened to Evan, kid apoc?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hey uh, what happened to Evan, kid apoc?

That's a good question. Maybe Hickman lost him in the shuffle?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I think he just became Apocalypse, as was his purpose all along and the fate he was trying to avoid. I honestly don't know though, but it sounds like a very X-Men thing to do.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gologle posted:

I think he just became Apocalypse, as was his purpose all along and the fate he was trying to avoid. I honestly don't know though, but it sounds like a very X-Men thing to do.

Well it's a real lovely thing for the writers to do, especially off panel.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

That's a good question. Maybe Hickman lost him in the shuffle?

The last time I remember him, he was (fake) killed in Age of X-Man. Maybe Hickman thinks he actually died there?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

In Hickman's panel a year ago, when he revealed the rotating cast of X-men this was the image used:

Genesis/Evan is there on the bottom row under marvel girl. I expect we will see him at some point, but I don't think we've seen even a quarter of those characters in X-Men yet so who knows when.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Have we seen how the current iteration of A came back? I assume it has to do with the twins nonsense. I didn't read that book

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
There were some short stories in the back of all of the X-Men Black one-shots that explained it, I don't really remember how it happened but it involved him just... being back? But then devolving/disintegrating and a bunch of stuff with Celestial technology and maybe time travel and Egyptian Gods?

So basically the story was "you thought Apocalypse was dead... but he's back! But he's dying. But he gets better! TO BE CONTINUED"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Harold Fjord posted:

Have we seen how the current iteration of A came back? I assume it has to do with the twins nonsense. I didn't read that book

Edge & Christian posted:

There were some short stories in the back of all of the X-Men Black one-shots that explained it, I don't really remember how it happened but it involved him just... being back? But then devolving/disintegrating and a bunch of stuff with Celestial technology and maybe time travel and Egyptian Gods?

So basically the story was "you thought Apocalypse was dead... but he's back! But he's dying. But he gets better! TO BE CONTINUED"

Dudes, he's the rock of the eternal shore. That's all the explanation you need

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It does say something that after all those years, where so many major arcs were dealing with the legacy of Apocalypse, and trying to stop him from coming back--at one point the Celestials were just like "hey he's back" (at least according to Wikipedia)--although I'm not sure what that something is.

Rick fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 22, 2020

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My wife made Glob's Laska last night, the hottest day of the year so far! She loved it, so she's probably going to start making this a staple in the fall/winter. She says that if you use coconut milk, be aware it will curdle. It won't hurt anything, it just looks weird. She emulsified that with the blender. Otherwise it was in a crockpot with the chicken instead of tofu. She also wanted to add pan fried shallots, but they burnt while she was juggling everything else.

(I'll just take archives access if you will, since I realized an account is twice the cost of what you wanted to give out. I'll just buy her an account.)

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Gotcha! And Dreqqus, I think I missed your delicious-looking laksa the first time around, please lmk if you'd like an av change as well or whatever else.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Would this work as an av?

With just BAMF! as the text?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Aye aye!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
BAMF stands for bad rear end mother fucker

I've been reading X-Men from Giant Size #1 and I'm closing in on 200 and holy poo poo, there's a point where it just becomes and absolute joy to read. I struggled through the first for forty or so issues of the original run and it was miserable but it's great to see the relationships and characters that'll matter for decades get definition and interact in interesting ways.

One of the biggest huh? moments for me has been Rachel just appearing and sticking around, just kind of hanging out with the team but I like how organic the story feels.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Rachel's one of the coolest characters from that period of the run. Her drama's really interesting and fun.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Cloks posted:

One of the biggest huh? moments for me has been Rachel just appearing and sticking around, just kind of hanging out with the team but I like how organic the story feels.

I don't know if you're reading annuals and other concurrent stuff but IIRC before she shows up in the main Uncanny X-Men title she has one appearance in New Mutants #18 that is kind of important and then she shows up in UXM Annual #8 just lingering in a crowd scene but it's got beautiful Steve Leialoha art so I want to mention it anyway.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

How Wonderful! posted:

I don't know if you're reading annuals and other concurrent stuff but IIRC before she shows up in the main Uncanny X-Men title she has one appearance in New Mutants #18 that is kind of important and then she shows up in UXM Annual #8 just lingering in a crowd scene but it's got beautiful Steve Leialoha art so I want to mention it anyway.

I'm reading annuals and minis but I'm catching up on New Mutants right now.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
God those panels of her past with professor x are loving perfect.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Am I misreading the new comics list or are there no new X books tomorrow?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Skwirl posted:

Am I misreading the new comics list or are there no new X books tomorrow?

Not until July, unfortunately.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Any have a good link to the discord? This sub forum has given me a lot of material to read and id love to stay a lurker of it. The one in the stickied thread expired.

E: chexked the chat thread. Look forward to awesome and or terrible recommendations from the goons.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/JeanGreyFanPage/status/1280948837562101760?s=19

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

DoX X-Force was kind of dumb (and honestly, it's always been so and doesn't seem like it will improve any time at all and why am I still reading this). Oh look big threat, we can't fight it, things are so desperate, oops nevermind Jean just deus ex machina'd it away. No one's going to put Hank on trial like Sabertooth either, which of course is totally logical. Oh, and Sage dressed like she was going on a safari tour, ha ha, so random.

Yet, somehow, Jean's decision at the end was not that half-assed or even unexpected. Of all the things to complain about this issue, I can't imagine this would be one of them. She's never been a stealth operative dealing with mountains of corpses. Logan and Domino? Sure, tons of times. Jean? It was as ill-fitting as her current outfit for a covert-ops team.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

DoX X-Force was kind of dumb (and honestly, it's always been so and doesn't seem like it will improve any time at all and why am I still reading this). Oh look big threat, we can't fight it, things are so desperate, oops nevermind Jean just deus ex machina'd it away. No one's going to put Hank on trial like Sabertooth either, which of course is totally logical. Oh, and Sage dressed like she was going on a safari tour, ha ha, so random.

Yet, somehow, Jean's decision at the end was not that half-assed or even unexpected. Of all the things to complain about this issue, I can't imagine this would be one of them. She's never been a stealth operative dealing with mountains of corpses. Logan and Domino? Sure, tons of times. Jean? It was as ill-fitting as her current outfit for a covert-ops team.

I think they just haven't accepted the Logan/Jean/Scott triumvirate. Which is my favorite thing about this current X-Men status quo.

Also the Sage bit was obviously just poking fun at the original Rob Liefield X-Force and the amount of pockets/pouches everyone had.

X-Force is a comedy book more than any other in the current line.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Logan/Jean/Scott/Emma relationship. It's probably the best way to solve that by just having them not be jealous of each other and happy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Logan/Jean/Scott/Emma relationship. It's probably the best way to solve that by just having them not be jealous of each other and happy.

I don't see anyone but Scott being interested in a relationship with Emma, and I assume Logan is both Scott and Jean's piece on the side.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I don't see anyone but Scott being interested in a relationship with Emma, and I assume Logan is both Scott and Jean's piece on the side.

Emma Frost and Jean Grey would unironically be better couple than any other pairing in that group.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people are missing the point of X-Force, which is to watch Quentin Quire eat poo poo as hard as anyone possible can on a regular basis

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

people are missing the point of X-Force, which is to watch Quentin Quire eat poo poo as hard as anyone possible can on a regular basis

As one of the few people who really likes Quire it pains me how true this is.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Quentin Quire is great when used appropriately, and him getting endlessly dunked on while he tries to dunk on other people is him being used appropriately.

QQ getting spit out of the Siege Perilous is one of my top 20 X-men moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm a little sad that Jean's not around anymore 'cuz she's not really a regular in any other books right now. Also, if she's not there, who'll be the one to twist Hank McCoy's head all the way around and then make his corpse dance?