Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm super hyped for Way of X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

oh yeah, they're a long-time Morlock. Freaky as hell, especially since Masque turned her into a Jean Grey doppleganger

I still absolutely hate that little arc in uncanny, too many creepy morlocks with mouth faces.

Also that hidden title looks like it's called "the trial" so someone's going to commit a crime probably?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
X-Men ending and Duggan taking over on a new volume is not what I would have expected, huh.

if I had to guess, I'd say that the mystery Hickman book is something that will finally advance the Moira plot after two years, but it's been long enough that I'll believe it when I see it

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Barry Convex posted:

X-Men ending and Duggan taking over on a new volume is not what I would have expected, huh.

if I had to guess, I'd say that the mystery Hickman book is something that will finally advance the Moira plot after two years, but it's been long enough that I'll believe it when I see it

Duggan makes sense. Post-Gala, the assumption is that X-Men turns back into a super-hero book. I'd argue Marauders is the only traditional super-hero book in the X-verse right now.

My heart is telling me that the artist on the Hickman book is Art Adams (It certainly looks to start with "A", maybe that's an "R" after...) and the book is Giant-Size X-Babies.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Where do I go next now that I've read House/Powers of X?

Also Gerry Duggan is great

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Most of it!

X-Men is probably the book that most closely follows SOME of the things set up in HoXPoX. Marauders is great, through and through. Hellions is the best.

Fallen Angels was hated by almost everyone who read it. Excalibur- imo- isn't great but has stuff in it that sets up X of Swords, which is great. X-Force is blah.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Marauders, Hellions, and X-Factor are must-reads without a doubt, New Mutants too with Ayala writing. I don't think that there are any bad books right now, though Wolverine is probably the least essential book of the bunch--it's not bad, it's fine but it's only fine in a line that is the best it's been in 20 years. Excalibur is not for everyone but I love it, I was a big OG Excalibur fan and this is basically a love letter to that era without just retelling those stories. X-Men and X-Force are sort of middle of the pack, but again, the pack is really loving good so that's not a knock on it. I really liked Cable and that's wrapping up soon so will be a good read.

I'll admit that the first issue of Children of the Atom was not as promising as I'd hoped but Vita Ayala has absolutely earned my trust so I'm willing to stick with it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What books are Laura and Gabby in?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What books are Laura and Gabby in?

None of them are main characters in either of the books, but Laura features predominantly in X-Men, and Gabby on more recent New Mutants issues.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Laura was on a long-term mission in X-Men and out of the books for a while but just came back last week, so we should see more of her going forward (she was also in Fallen Angels but the writer seemed to have missed about a decade's worth of character growth so it's her in name only. The book is awful.) Gabby's recently joined the cast of New Mutants.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
The Leah book is The Trial almost for sure. Mini after something happens during the Gala maybe?

The artist with Hickman... A R T ... Oh, it probably just says ARTIST, doesn't it.

That's a lot of books. Only Cable is ending right?

Glad to see Pepe Laraz back.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Immediately following HoXPoX, X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, and Fallen Angels launched. If you're on Marvel Unlimited, give all of those except Fallen Angels a shot. You may or may not like them, but they all have some fans. Wolverine, Cable, Hellions, and X-Factor were in the next wave of launches a few months later, and also check all of those out. All of these feed into the X of Swords crossover.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
xavier was acting really out of character about malice. but then, xavier acting wildly out of character in various ways is pretty much his character recently.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Immediately following HoXPoX, X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, and Fallen Angels launched. If you're on Marvel Unlimited, give all of those except Fallen Angels a shot. You may or may not like them, but they all have some fans. Wolverine, Cable, Hellions, and X-Factor were in the next wave of launches a few months later, and also check all of those out. All of these feed into the X of Swords crossover.

If you're on Unlimited, there's a Dawn Of X reading list on there that collects all of this stuff in one place and you can pin it to the home screen in the app.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Everything but Fallen Angels

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
S.W.O.R.D. is just like the original in tone and premise, which makes it very much a "skip" for me but I know some people here like it.

E: I guess this is Reign though.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Rick posted:

S.W.O.R.D. is just like the original in tone and premise, which makes it very much a "skip" for me but I know some people here like it.

SWORD is by Al Ewing and is thus, excellent. It's also really good even with so much of it being tied into an even I cannot give the least gently caress about.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
SWORD is fantastic. Ewing has taken a bunch of C and D listers and made them his own.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Endless Mike posted:

I'm super hyped for Way of X

:yeah:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Does Way of X involve them fighting Chuck Norris in a Roman Colosseum?

Also what are Quentin Quire and Zorn up to?

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Apr 8, 2021

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

Does Way of X involve them fighting Chuck Norris in a Roman Colosseum?

Also what are Quentin Quire and Zorn up to?

Way of X seems to be focusing on Nightcrawler and his potential mutant religion and ~mysteries~. And some Professor X stuff maybe. Preview of first few pages. iPod Mutant is cool as hell.

QQ is in X-Force, and is a big part of it (most issues).

The Zorns are absent, aside from whichever one it was in Powers (or was that a chimera? i think it was a real xorn...)

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
So Strong Guy, Forge, Tempo and Boom Boom were not picked to be the next X-Men - I voted for Tabitha. - It's going to be Polaris - whateves.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Polaris was literally the only one I didn't want because it would take her out of X-Factor.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Polaris was literally the only one I didn't want because it would take her out of X-Factor.

Same. Welp.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

There have been 3 short comics revealing losers:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ok, those are legit great.

That "oh no" is just perfection.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I love the Madrox serving drinks in the last one. One of my favorite little things about this era is how whenever there's a grunt job, there's a Madrox doing it.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Cloks posted:

I love the Madrox serving drinks in the last one. One of my favorite little things about this era is how whenever there's a grunt job, there's a Madrox doing it.
He's in the first one too.

eliotlucas
Aug 6, 2006

Aw, Marrow didn't get in either? I voted for her. I liked her when she was on the team back in the 1999-2000 era.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Where are these from?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

THE WORLD CRIES OUT FOR BANSHEE

rantmo posted:

Where are these from?

Marvel twitter.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Forge not getting in is good because that means the secret Hickman is all about him and the apparently-forgotten thing where HE SEES HOW THE WORLD IS LITERALLY PUT TOGETHER.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Isn't Monet up for election? I bet it's her.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Don’t think she is. X Corp is launching the month before.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I voted for Tempo. )=

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gologle posted:

Isn't Monet up for election? I bet it's her.

The smart money is apparently on Polaris.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I look forward to Polaris, once again, not doing much and being barely worthy of note.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
x-factor was always the only team that ever did polaris well.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gologle posted:

I look forward to Polaris, once again, not doing much and being barely worthy of note.

Remember how Polaris joins this version of X-Factor so she can find out who she is as a person because even her own father couldn't describe her personality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
You know, I don't want to call it this early, but I'm going to go ahead anyway: Children of the Atom sucks.