Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's also a Wolverine solo title coming by writer Benjamin Percy and artists Adam Kubert and Viktor Bogdonavic, and a Moira one too, I don't think it's been announced whose working on it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

But what happened in the 6th life of this thread?!

It went on for a millenia longer than necessary.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/LordRetail/status/1189645991730991105?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kudos to New Mutants for reminding me that Cyclops dad is a complete and utter poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

New Mutants is one of the funniest comics I've read all year. Holy poo poo.

All of the Summer kids various problems can be explained with "Corsair is a goddamned piece of poo poo."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

probably wherever Warpath is, hanging out and catching up after John's been dead for the past *sliding time scale* years

Probably less than 10, Hickman said he disagrees with the editor about how old Cyclops is (editor says late 20's, Hickman writes him to be early 30's), and I think even Iceman was a college graduate by the time of Giant Size X-Men.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

They really need to hook up with Lila Cheney.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

My first X-Men comic was the one where Magik dies from the legacy virus. The cover said "if you buy 1 X comic this month buy this one." I was heavy into the clone saga at the time, but a fan of the X-Men cartoon. I got to read a comic where a little girl I didn't know anything about died of a terminal disease. Didn't touch X-Men again until my dad got me Generation X #1.

Years later I started reading Uncanny from the start of Claremont's run, started to like Magik as a character and asked about that issue here and found out who that was

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cloks posted:

My first X-Men was the Essential collection, starting with Giant Size #1. Somewhat inexplicably, Banshee was my favorite character.

Banshee is pretty cool TBH. Wolverine and Storm are obviously the coolest of that first new class, but there's a good argument for any of them being someone's favorite.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Drunken pirate Kitty Kate Pryde is easily the best version of the character since probably Claremont was writing her.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How many other seats had been hidden in the council besides the completely obvious Red Queen?

Edit: Also, was the Red Queen a thing in the Hellfire Club before?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Madelyne Pryor was the Red Queen when Shaw got un-deaded and made a new Hellfire Club in the mid 90s.

Oh god, that's loving hilarious. Was she wearing her Goblin Queen costume the entire time?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Excalibur's picking up but still pretty meh.

Constantly drunk Kitty Pryde is good tho. Also Pyro's terrible tattoo choices.

Thats all you need to know really. vOv

It's Kate.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Why is she a drunk now?

Because she's a pirate/red queen of the Hellfire Club. That's not something you do sober.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

She can phase pretty much anything she's in contact with, so regular clothes aren't a problem.

Yeah, she regularly phases other people, like she does in the most recent issue of Marauders, clothing is only an issue when Rachel accidentally dresses her up as a baby.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

There a minor references to each other in the new books, but so far it's no where near as connected to each other has House of X and Power of X, so unless you were planning on reading everything anyways, yeah I'd probably just get the individual titles.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

That's an awful way to collect those.

I'm assuming they're doing it so they can put out collections before any of the series have actually completed a story arc, so yeah, pretty loving terrible.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nice

https://twitter.com/ClassicXMen/status/1198941902550294528?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm giving everything 3 issues, Fallen Angels is the most likely for to drop though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

He wrote Carnage USA, which had Hawkeye being really bitchy about Ben Grimm, so I could see him doing a good camp Sinister.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

New Mutants was great, Fallen Angels is basically "The Character Assasination of Laura Kinney by the coward Bryan Hill."

Edit: X-Force has won me over too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Humans wanting to kill all Mutants has been a staple since before Claremont.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Do we know for a fact Fallen Angels is only gonna be 6 issues, I might finish it just because I'm already getting everything else so far. If it's ongoing, might as well drop.

I'll probably just drop it, I doubt back issues are gonna be expensive if I get that completionist itch later.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cabbit posted:

"Professor Xavier is a loving jerk!"

That's basically Marauders right now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

I think they've stopped using that since none of the X-Men are old enough to be in Generation X at this point, never mind the ones that are two or three "generations" younger (depending on if you count the Giant-Size team as a new one) than the original ones.

It's very weird to me that Scott Summers is now younger than me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Duggen is loving killing it on Marauders,so I'm all in on his Cable book.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

I wonder how long the waiting list for resurrection is...do some mutants get to jump to the front of the line?

Yes, obviously. Scott, Logan, Kurt, Jean and other people died on that space mission in HoXPox and were all immediately brought back. Xavier wanted Sebastian Shaw badly enough (for some loving reason) that he let his kid jump the line. Jumbo Carnation was also brought back, I assume because Emma Frost needed a tailor, before the 11 million dead mutants from Genosha.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status/1208066325614125058?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

omnibobb posted:

My son and I are watching X-Men movies and his questions keep segueing into whats in the comics. I gave a brief overview of HoX/PoX about mutant immorality and he says “if xavier is part of it, its gonna mess up real quick.”

This kid knows whats up.

Get him to read the Claremont books, 80 percent of the movies are taken from those, also you'll get to have the sex talk early and it will be a lot weirder.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-Men is good, but seems to be mostly setting up poo poo that Hickman will deal with in a year or two, that will probably be awesome, but I understand people's impatience.

Mauraders is the best book.

New Mutants is good. the two part Hickman was great, Brisson's first issue was okay, his second issue was much better.

Excalibur and X-Force had not great first issues , but both got better with each issue. X-Force is the comedy book with a high body count that means nothing someone predicted would happen with the way immortality works.

It's been over a week so I'm not going to spoiler this, Wolverine asks Forge to make him some cool new unrevealed to us poo poo for him with the vat of adamantium Forge just revealed, then get's iced a couple pages later? All of Forge's day planner? This is not the serious book the first issue kinda pretended to be.

Skwirl posted:

Fallen Angels is basically "The Character Assasination of Laura Kinney by the coward Bryan Hill."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I mean, Original Flavor Excalibur had one Brit, one British Roma, one Jewish girl from Chicago, one time-displaced Phoenix host of uncertain nationality but I think it was generally assumed to be some flavor of Future American, and one German carny. It's not as though it was ever really "the British team for British mutants." It was always "the X-book that happened to be set in the UK."

Gambit and Jubilee are absolutely who I'd choose to replace Nightcrawler and KittyKate Pryde in something. The creators of the 90's cartoon agree with me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/status/1212567716214607874?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm assuming that's Laura in the middle, who are the other two? Is one of them Charles?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I can't believe this movie is finally coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_vJhUAOFpI

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

rantmo posted:

What happened was LOOK OVER THERE!if we ignore it, it will go away on its own. Personally, I'm fine with ignoring it but that resolution didn't really work for me in the first place so :shrug:

Actually I can't remember, is Fantomex actually a mutant or wasn't he genetically engineered in the World, or is it both?

I think we won't know the current explanation until after he shows up again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gologle posted:

It's very weird that they're marketing it as a horror movie, though. How the gently caress can you have a horror movie where your protagonists have superpowers? Part of what makes horror works is how powerless the protags are against the threat. Like, the people in The Grudge can't do poo poo against ghosts, but Magik has a magic sword and spells and stuff.

Someone hasn't read the bear demon arc of New Mutants.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I believe that you will find that Sam is nigh invulnerable while he's blastin'.

He's also very vulnerable when he's not blasting. His best friend ran away because of a soccer tackle that went wrong.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

I hope the Sinister rumor is true. Giving him the keys to a mutant asylum is a great hook for a movie.

Regardless, this looks good. Everybody looks like normal people, opposed to the X-Men looking like movie stars.

Roberto should have been black, or at least darker skinned.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Android Blues posted:

It irks me so much that so many portrayals of Roberto just ignore/forget that he's black. Like, a bunch of artists just draw him as a light skinned Hispanic guy (or in this case I guess cast him as one). It's important to his backstory that he's black Brazilian!

That's something Ewing's Avengers books always (thankfully) got right. Though it's not surprising since his first Avengers book was almost entirely Black characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I always forget that classic New Mutants have some serious heavy hitters when they use their powers creatively. Magik and Karma could easily overthrow any government by themselves.