Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bobkatt013 posted:

And his son

Actually, come to think of it, have they said if humans married to mutants are allowed on Krakoa?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does she even have valkyrie powers anymore? War of Realms made a big deal about all the valkyries being dead and Jane Foster being the last and only one. I know she got some valkyrie like powers by way of Hela but that more resembles it on a surface level. As for Layla, isn't she just a normal person now? It just looked like her younger self had powers because her adult self downloaded everything she knew into her child self.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BrianWilly posted:

The latest X-Men issue is super fun. I'm a little surprised we're delving into War of Kings territory so heavily, but I don't know why I'm surprised because it was a pretty big deal at the time and changed Shi'ar and Kree status quo a lot, not to mention the part Vulcan played.

And don't tease me with that mention of Black Bolt, Hickman. I need him and the rest of the Inhumans to show up in this series. I thrill for that confrontation.

He's done it a rare few times in recent memory, actually. It happened in the Sina Grace Iceman series, issue five. Probably a couple other times I don't remember; it's one of those things that only come up when a writer actually knows Iceman canon really well. :v:

But I don't think he's actually teleporting away in Marauders #8? He wouldn't be able to take Bishop with him, after all. It looks like they're being beamed away somehow, probably by Emma's ship. It's not too clear.

I remember War of Kings being as well received as a shart in church so that might be why you stayed away. It was a real let down since it followed after Annihilation and Conquest and then the Cancerverse came after.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Little Mac posted:

Re: Vulcan

My pet theory is that they resurrected him and he came back like he is from an earlier memory copy - but the real Vulcan is out there, still alive in the Fault or whatever, and so Krakoa-Vulcan is clashing with him. Mind=Soul, essentially, and they can't both exist, so Krakoa-Vulcan - who knows nothing about the War of Kings stuff and probably is pre-Deadly Genesis - is just kinda crazy and addled because of it.

Maybe, it might not have been a coincidence that a new space event featuring the Cancerverse started around new Xmen series launched

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Saoshyant posted:

Pog your pogs, man, pog your pogs.

Remember Sobek? He's back! In pog form!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Saoshyant posted:

Haha I completely forgot about this! And so did the X-Men's editors apparently!

It's a shame about that, now that Conan is a part of 616 I was hoping we'd get a little more of her crazy history with him. Though with the Eternals movie coming I'd imagine any spotlight she'd get would make her an Eternal and the actual Selene.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

Havok seems fine, don't know much about Kwannon Psylocke (I think Fallen Angels is the first thing I've read with her in it) and she seems slightly more interesting here.

Probably, she was in like 6 issues of Nicieza's X-Men before getting offed by the Legacy Virus and then forgotten about for over 25 years. Revanche was a cooler name than Psylocke too.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Cyclops eating a cheesesteak would make a great av if we were still paying for those. (From Cable #2).

I hope that's not one of the sandwiches Wolverine made.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
M is less a codename than a nickname. I believe it was X-Factor where she used to talk about being too fabulous to hide behind a codename.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't think it should ever have really been a problem. There's been nothing to say resurrection is mutant only or that the gates are 100% foolproof considering Maddox can use them and presumably Sam will eventually as well.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

Doesn't she sleep with one of Madrox's dupes in X-Factor?

She sleeps with Richter and has a child with an Asgardian wolfman.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That was Shooter era, yeah? So deeply closeted coding was the best you could hope for those days.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

KaosMachina posted:

Any inconsistencies are easily no-prized as subconsciously projecting the Hound marks onto her own body.

Does this mean we're gonna see Raze and Xavier Jr. again? Since apparently being from the future doesn't mean you're outside of the whole Krakoan Re-Rez thing.

Could also be a similar technique to the M tattoo Bishop and Madrox have that writes itself to the subjects DNA.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe not technically, but aren't they regrown from Sinister's repository of mutant DNA?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I remember back when Cable was this guy, even though he looks younger than Cable.

I remember when Cable was just the secret identity of The Wild Man of Borneo.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

nemesis_hub posted:

I had no idea what that line meant when Cable said it in the 90s cartoon, but I thought it sounded insanely badass anyway.

I'd be surprised if anyone did, apparently it was a movie in the '30s.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Wanderer posted:

I don't think it's ever going to just fail on someone, but there's definitely going to be someone who wasn't actually dead but got "resurrected" anyway. That already kinda happened in the Empyre tie-in.

It might be possible to run this with Siryn. She shows up mortal at the end of H/PoX and as I know nothing was ever done with her becoming The Morrigan. Not that 95% of anything else from X Factor stuck.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Barry Convex posted:

there's also been lines throughout Hickman's run implying that Apocalypse may actually be much, much older than ancient Egypt. how that squares with "the second generation" or existing continuity, I dunno

Selene was born in the Hyborean Age, around 20,000 BC, and had a few characters in her enemies category in common with Conan. Feels like they'll keep that since Conan is in 616 proper now.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Codependent Poster posted:

Banshee there on the left. I think that's probably a different Manifold than Eden. The last character nobody seems to know.

Or if that's Eden the coloring is very bad. People are saying that's Frenzy there. So yikes.

Speaking of Banshee, did he bite it in the run up to Age of X when they were wiping out Xmen every issue? Was just wondering if they did anything with that unlike state he was in thanks to the Death Seed they used to revive him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Edge & Christian posted:

Banshee got killed in Deadly Genesis, brought back as the Horseman of Death in Uncanny Avengers and eventually taken into custody by the X-Men who were trying to cure him of his Apocalypseness.

Havok's team of disowned gently caress-up X-Men in Rosenberg's Astonishing X-Men take him out of sedation and use his zombie Apocalypse body as like an attack dog, and then the next time you see him he's working for the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants in Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men. After Kwannon shows up to decapitate the leader of the Brotherhood the X-Men just adopt mindless ol' Zombie Sean as part of their Suicide Squad, and then yes, he gets killed by Super Sentinels at the end of that run.

Thanks, I remembered Banshee coming back as a Horseman, mainly because it happened pretty shortly after Siryn finally accepting he wasn't coming back over in X-Factor. I was just thinking it might've made an interesting story beat if he hadn't died in Rosenburg's Uncanny since it would've essentially been euthanizing a mostly brain dead friend in order to ressurect and cure him.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Edge & Christian posted:

This applies to a lot of characters honestly, what's the resurrection protocol for Cable or Rachel Summers? For Dark Beast or X-Man? Have they considered resurrecting recently fallen comrades like Old Man Logan or Bloodstorm?

I think for Cable it would depend on which one died. Essentially Krakoa was all history for old Cable so leaving young Cable dead would probably leave a whole bunch time paradoxes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Edge & Christian posted:

Did any version of Trevor Fitzroy other than the Evil Soulless One spend time in the current timeline to be catalogued? Did any version of Shard besides that hologram?

I doubt it, Fitzroy didn't know he could time travel until after his arrest for all the murders and whatnot.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is it meant to be read as 10 of Swords or Cross of Swords, because seem to work pretty well.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

Oh yeah,

Where the gently caress is Meggan? Wasn't she a mutant fae in the same way Brood is a mutant Brood? I don't think we've seen her since the first issue of Excalibur.

She's shown up now and then, she's doing spy stuff with Pete.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

They regularly feed it mutants so they know what it is, and like Krakoa said, their relationship works. Krakoa gives them a safe place with instant transportation and things they can sell to humans. In turn they help Krakoa go elsewhere with the plants and gates, and feed it.

Plus Krakoa has been a fairly decent dude for the last decade or so. He was a student at Wolverine's school.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Saoshyant posted:

I forgot the details about this. Wasn't that a different Krakoa? A clone or a descendant? Or was it the original? And if it was a different one, what became of it?

I just checked, apparently the original Krakoa spawned a bunch of smaller Krakoas. The one that joined the Xmen was a clone of those mass produced by the Hellfire Kidz.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

rantmo posted:

Betsy rebuilt her original body during the Logan resurrection shenanigans after being eaten by a psychic vampire. Kwannon was resurrected on Krakoa at some undefined point and Betsy ceded the codename Psylocke to her, and that's who I meant.

Which I don't like since Kwannon already had an X-Man code name and Revanche sounds cooler than Psylocke. But I think the ceding the Psylock name was in Fallen Angels and that was terrible from the ground up and completely ignored everything about everybody that came before.

Do we know that the X-Men will have a full 10 wielders? I though it was already established Gorgon was wielding both Grasscutter and God killer.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How is Hellions so far? I've only read the first issue so far and the Council having zero tolerance for Havok seems a bit much considering the number of people in the Council that either caused him trauma or manipulated that trauma for their own ends. I mean I'm not not a fan of the character but remanding him to the custody of the man that abused him for years as a child seems incredibly time drag on Marvel's part.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't think Havok's foster parents were in cahoots with Sinister but he kept a close eye on Havok and frequently futzed around with his memories. Sinister has always had a massive hard on for both of the Summers. I believe the current story is that Scott was the variable and Havok was the control in a double blind experiemnt. Havok had the higher power levels but Scott was enough of a boy scout to be more easily controlled so Scott got the personal touch.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gologle posted:

I mean, it's not like mutants are forced to stay on Krakoa if they don't want to. You can easily make the argument that Dust is a righteous enough person that she feels like she can make a difference in a world that hates and fears her.

Plus she's a precog, I thought they didn't get the warmest welcome on the island.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blockhouse posted:

No she just...turns into sand.

Maybe Macdeo is thinking of Blindfold?

Yeah sorry,some of The New X-Men kind of blind together for me at times.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Generation X was good up until Bachalo left, then it lost a lot of its appeal.

I stopped reading comics around the same time and don't think I missed anything important that was X-Men related.

I want to get to Gen X eventually but the Marvel app is missing a ton of issues in the middle.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm glad someone had an intervention for Rappaccini's Daughter about her hair. Its hard to be a hype man when you keep pointing the wrong way because you can only see out off one eye.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

Mentioning Moira and Ilyana reminded me that while she's not a precog technically, Magick's kinda a precog, because she's got one of the rare time travel abilities that doesn't create alternate universes.

Well the rule is 'No Precogs' plural.

Isn't she not really human anyway? I thought the deal with her resurrection was she's the shard of soul that was merged with a demon and stayed in limbo then forged a new body out of chaos stuff?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Dawgstar posted:

I would unironically love a book that's just the Krakoa Softball League.

Yeaj, but in the grand XMen tradition each softball game must also contain Xavier gaining or losing the ability to walk.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If Excalibur is anything to go by the multiverse is trying to reestablish the Capt. Britain Corp but Saturnyne is handicapping its efforts because she wants sole control over the selection.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Plus a part of that equation is the Phalanx, an actual existing race of bad guys. By virtue of their existence that means that there are civilizations that have reached hive mind status and joined their collective.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
When Apocolypse says 'most of you are mutants' who is he referring to as the odd duck? Illyana?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

Spooky thread of the dead.

Though I'm not sure who it is talking to Kate in the first one.

https://twitter.com/KrakoaWelcomes/status/1249364303586754561?s=20

That one? Starlord, him and Kate were a thing for a series or two since every writer has to write their character dating Kate at least once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rick posted:

Although it is very funny how many different non-sequitur leads have been tossed at Kitty.

Comic writers love Kitty Pryde because when they started reading comics she was a 13 yr old ninja that wouldn't stop dropping n-bombs.