Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I really liked both Marauders and Excalibur, but I'm a bit lukewarm on X-Men, surprisingly enough. Still, it looks like this new crop of X-books is going to be really good. It feels good to have X-Men at the top of the game again. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

IUG posted:

Comedy answer: The next time she phases the ink falls right out onto the ground.

That would be really funny.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

blast0rama posted:

Folks reading the current X-Men books: it makes the most sense to check out the HoX/PoX trade THEN the individual trades, so ignore the Dawn of X stuff, right?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11/25/marvel-collect-x-men-dawn-of-x-comics-2020/

So, no hardcovers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap3hwt-BcyM

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Who do they have left that could possibly top the names Orphan Maker and Scalp Hunter?

Is Apocalypse's son Holocaust still around?

Were any of the three (four?) Foolkillers mutants? If so, they'd be great fit for this team.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Sorry to dox you like this, but I have it on good authority your real name is Edgeagar Christianagon.

Edgeagar N. Christianagon

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Me logging back into Fortnite for the first time in three-or-so years just to buy the Cable skin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSfpoSrCGsQ

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I don't know if it count as a spoiler, but here's some promo art of the villains from X of Swords.

gently caress yeah giant crocodile with a sword!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Cyclops eating a cheesesteak would make a great av if we were still paying for those. (From Cable #2).

Cyclops did nothing footlong

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Metalshark posted:

On top of the excellent X-books mentioned in the above two posts, I am really enjoying how Hellions is Zeb Wells taking the grimness of his New Mutants arc in Limbo and cranking up the horror even further to get near to "Immortal Hulk, but magical". It's so fun, and gross, and interesting, and I'm enjoying the terrible team.

Also, iWolverine is a great time if you like Larry Hama's oeuvre as I do:

"I intend to bisect them longitudinally!" :black101:

Hellions is so dang good.

I don't think I will pick up all issues of X of Swords, since keeping up with events as they're happening tends to not be worth the effort, but I can't wait to read it in trade format. :stoked:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I'm already buying all the books it's going to involve, not getting all of it would really just mean not picking up the three stand alone issues.

I could see it being annoying if you are only getting a couple X-Men books, but the way Empyre has been handled makes me think Hickman learned his lesson from Infinity's bullshit reading order. So hopefully you should be able to only read the books you're already reading.

Even if I don't plan on getting them, I do appreciate that all the relevant issues will have "PART [X] OF 12" printed on the cover. I think that's better than having the little checklist at the end of every issue.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I don't like that they made Mister Sinister really hot.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

fadam posted:

Like, I can buy him using magnetism to fake all the stuff like removing the Sentinel nano-virus from everyone's blood to pretend like he has healing powers, and maybe the issue where he goes to the Mutant projects and tries to heal the big lizard mutant guy is just him doing deep cover, but I don't get how you reconcile him looking like this knowing what we know:

I feel like I'm being the fat guy who gets mad about rib cage xylophones in Itchy and Scratchy but I think this is a pretty big thing to miss when you're writing a complex story about someone faking an identity.

He injected an army of fireflies with trace amounts of metal so he could make them fly around his head, obviously! :engleft:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Either Marvel doesn't know what "unarmed" means or they don't know the entire gimmick of the event they're promoting.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1316823692274544645?s=20

If everyone has a sword, then no one has a sword.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Gologle posted:

I will never not make or think the pog face whenever I see Pogg Ur Pogg on panel. Yes I am aware this makes me a manchild.

:same: It is the curse we must bear together.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Folks, I'm here to tell you that I only just realised that X of Swords is supposed to be pronounced "Ten of Swords" and not "Cross of Swords" as I originally thought.

That is all. Carry on!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Cloks posted:

The Peter David X-Factor is great.

:yeah: Simonson and David both had great runs on X-Factor.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Yep, just Excalibur this week.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Young Cable rules. I just wish they would give him a different haircut.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

How Wonderful! posted:

I doubt this will happen but I'd laugh a lot if it wound up being a ton of X-Force/X-Statix characters coasting on name recognition and early aughts nostalgia. They were superstars! Bring back Bloke!

Edit: Ugh. I keep meaning "X-Statix" and typing "X-Factor."

Feral for president!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Beast is elected to be in the X-Men, is impeached for crimes against humanity within weeks.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Marauders and Excalibur will be getting oversized hardcover releases according to Near Mint Condition on Youtube (I believe they have insider ties at Marvel).

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Squizzle posted:

SI SPURRIER YOU ABSOLUTE loving COWARD

HOW DARE YOU PUT ALL THE BEST TELEPORTERS IN A TEAM EXCEPT MURMUR THE MUTANT MUMMY

the people demand murmur, spurrier

we demand murmur

This is still one of my favourite visualisations for teleportation. So cool.

I'm super excited for Way of X. I just hope the X-Men oversaturation doesn't start to wear on me. :ohdear:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

IUG posted:

That's got to be Greg Land art.

I believe that's from Extraordinary X-Men, so it would be Victor Ibañez art.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I like Jean Grey's 90s costume the best, helmet and all.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Pretty sure they told Rosenberg they were going to blow it all up, so do whatever.

You think they would've learned their lesson on this with Ultimatum, but not so.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Rick posted:

I don’t care what anyone says I like Joe Madureira’s art.

:hai:

He phoned Ultimates 3 the hell in, though.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 19, 2021

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

"So Loeb wants me to draw the Wasp like she's... oh... uh, extremely touched by Wanda and Pietro's incest." *Joe's brain promptly checks out, wishes it was playing video games*

I'm sure David Finch had the same reaction to the Wasp thing he was asked to draw for Ultimatum.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

TwoPair posted:

iirc, he also forgot Ultimate Mjolnir looked different and just gave Thor the 616 one.

I never even realised that before, but yeah.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I couldn't help reading this as Micheal Cole calling Roman Reigns and I was equal parts amused and disappointed in myself.

I did the exact same thing :laffo:

What a corny line. I love it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Krakoa Welcomes, a generally positive account deciding to go really loving hard on Elizabeth Olsen's Wanda weeks after the show ended is incredibly funny to me.

https://twitter.com/KrakoaWelcomes/status/1370942353096200192?s=20

It's OK to ruin the lives of other people so long as the effects aren't visible through census data.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Clearly Marvel should've given him another dozen X-books to write to give him room to breathe.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

In any case, Dan Slott ain't one of the good ones. On anything.

Hey now, his She-Hulk run is pretty good. And let's not forget about his uhhhhh...

I guess that's it, really.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And the dark secret of mutant/Krakoa society comes to light: they have a flat tax.

Me when Krokoa annexes an island it floats towards: 😴

Me when Krokoa has a tax system that benefits the wealthy: 😡😡😡

This is the last straw, Professor X!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

That's a better outfit than Jean wore in HoX, at least. :newlol:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Nah,they adapt best when challenged, keeping the peace is the biggest challenge they ever faced.

First sign of conflict it will be this

[MODEDIT: IMAGE REMOVED]

Times a million.

Put a content warning on pictures like this next time, please! :gonk:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Has anyone else read the new Cable? I'm kind of bummed out that the very first issue is tied into a crossover event, but I still liked it. I think the idea of having a trucker tattoo serve as an AI assistant is really inspired. And the story being about history's biggest :blastu: to kill Dormammu with owns as well. I'm a little mixed on the character art, but all the space ships and robots looked incredible.

In short,

Gologle posted:

Man I fuckin' love comic books you guys

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Open Marriage Night posted:

Pretty sure Cable: Reloaded is just a one shot (bonus gun pun). Seems like he'll have a substantial role in SWORD going forward.

I checked the September solicitations and it looks like you're right. :( I need to pay more attention to announcements next time instead of getting my hopes up.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

reading extinction agenda is a good idea

Evergreen advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Iceman dies because, as it turns out, the effects of climate change go beyond our planet and outer space is very very warm now.