Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Gologle posted:

Honestly I'm going to miss Roberto as a USAvenger. Him being master keikaku was fun as hell, to the point where I almost felt like he no longer belonged with all the X-Men/mutant stuff.

Yeah, all that was excellent. I had a good, hearty laugh at him getting so easily duped by the rest of the gang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
It feels like it could if there's a way for Cerebro to store a human's mental state or whatever the whole soul-y thing was, but that's just me spitballing.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Nevvy Z posted:

I hope we see Namor killed in another book and find out he's a priority resurrection.

I feel like I haven't seen him since Aaron introduced his new team in Avengers. But he's one of the coolest mutants

Was Zdarsky's Invaders before or after that? He was pretty darn central to that title, at least while I was still reading it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
wheezing like a madman at cyclops' begrudging utterance at vulcan's insistence

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

IUG posted:

Ha, we're at the same point in a New Mutants re-read then. I just looked up Team America to see if any of them spit off and did anything, or if someone like Zdarsky or someone had an odd reference to them. Nope, no one has been used since mid 80s.

Sounds ripe for Al Ewing to use, then.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Sounds like a heck of a time. I'm glad you were able to experience it straight from the man!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Jesus Christ, Al Ewing, I continue to absolutely and wholeheartedly love you. I saved X-Men Red for the last book I read today and god drat.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Al Ewing is probably, at this point, one of my favorite comic book writers of all time.

I follow this man pretty much anywhere now. Praise be.
At the end of Red I definitely bellowed "MOTHER FUCKER" today. Please keep doing this to me mister Ewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Lodus Logos is a rad fella but yeah, I am missing Bobby and that contingent for sure. Ora Serrata did get characterization in Legion of X but that is, granted, another title entirely.