Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

JordanKai posted:

It feels good to have X-Men at the top of the game again. :)

That’s probably the biggest takeaway. Love or hate an individual book or two, it would be insane to argue that the overall X-Men line isn’t better than it has been in a good long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

While it's not impossible the first scenario is real, the second one definitely is.

So does Slott have some blackmail material on someone high up in Disney or something? Just a few weeks ago there was that whole Marvel 616 documentary thing about and how it laughs off that he's late on a lot of things and effectively has people ghostwrite a lot of his issues. Now if you're reading between the lines of this new interview, you're telling me that the architect behind the entire X-Men line got a central point (you can argue the size) of his plan vetoed by the writer of a single comic? Like why didn't the editors in charge defer to Hickman in this case? And I'm trying to even justify this beyond the fact that the opinion of SA is largely Hickman rules and Slott sucks. This isn't someone retconning a story a year later because they feel like it, it's actively changing an ongoing narrative that isn't anywhere near done. It just seems crazy.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Ewing is an absolute madman, it's unbelievable how great his books are. I wonder if he was thinking of the White Hot Room without explicitly saying it way back in Ultimates 100.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Alaois posted:

beast in X-Force is bubsy looking into the camera and asking "What could pawsibly go wrong?"

Except imagine I photoshopped Beast as the pilot and the rest of X-Force as the Simpsons

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Nessus posted:

I think it's more wanting to play with the reality and avoid returning to the like, four or five back to back genocidal events, if only so "X-men" doesn't JUST mean "and the titular characters are being wiped out or exterminated".

To paraphrase a podcast I like, why does every comic event have to be seventy-five 9/11s?

I don’t need every story to be a lovely tea party, but maybe give me 12 months without something that kills millions of people—reversed at the climax or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Beast was “atomized” by an explosion from a black hole generator that he said was meant to store away Arako for safe keeping. ZERO WAYS he could come back. Zero.