Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Akkaba is the town where Apocalypse was born.

Clan Akkaba is the group mentioned above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sticksy posted:

ETA on a TPB of House/Powers of X so I can get into all this cool-looking new stuff??

Hardcover is Christmas Eve.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s $42 on Amazon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Billzasilver posted:

So is it Asian Psylovke in the other x-men books? I think I heard Psylocke would be in Fallen Angels and one more book.

Psylocke is Kwannon, yeah.

Betsy Braddock is Captain Britain now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah when he gave his top 5 it was Magneto, Emma, Sinister, Monet and then Bobby and Sam tied at 5.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

How many other seats had been hidden in the council besides the completely obvious Red Queen?

Edit: Also, was the Red Queen a thing in the Hellfire Club before?

Madelyne Pryor was the Red Queen when Shaw got un-deaded and made a new Hellfire Club in the mid 90s.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I only read it on Wikipedia, I never read the stories. But it seems like whoever put that there confused 2 things.

A later revealed to be imposter Madelyne was in the Hellfire Club as the Black Rook in the mid 90s when Shaw came back. Her real identity is the Red Queen but it's not a Hellfire Club title at that time, she's an actual queen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes, but it's quite a bit more recent than the club itself.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She was a psychic ninja with her rear end hanging out in the 90s.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

The woman with the sword is definitely Rasputin from the House/Powers of X books.

And I'm going with a definite Nanny and the Orphan Maker, Sinister, and Havok. The others I'm not sure of.

Who, it should be noted, is from well in the future in those.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who do they have left that could possibly top the names Orphan Maker and Scalp Hunter?

Is Apocalypse's son Holocaust still around?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh yeah I'm pretty sure it's them but I just want someone with an even more absurd name.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Empath's got a lot of cleavage there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's par for the course.

Have you never read an X-Force before?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's Synch and Darwin.

Have we seen Synch yet in Dawn of X? Curious if he's got the version of his powers where he gets to keep them now. Even if not, having him with Darwin and Laura at the same time makes him essentially invincible.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 3, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Synch was mentioned as being a replacement for one of the Five should it be necessary, but not shown.

That's true. So he must have perma-powers.

Unless like... his powers worked off a corpse. But then he couldn't step in if someone was incinerated, and they'd probably note that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even before Hickman came in Rosenberg decided not to address the X stuff at all.

Fantomex isn't a mutant. In fact, he's a sentinel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Android Blues posted:

It irks me so much that so many portrayals of Roberto just ignore/forget that he's black. Like, a bunch of artists just draw him as a light skinned Hispanic guy (or in this case I guess cast him as one). It's important to his backstory that he's black Brazilian!

They should have cast a black Brazilian guy sure, but the actor playing him is still Brazilian, not Hispanic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kitty and Emma have been cool with each other since the giant bullet. It’s more that other authors forget that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Magneto brings it to Earth and frees her in an attempt to gain the X-Men's trust.

I think it's actually the start of his current X-Men turn? I don't recall a flip back and forth since then.

(He is Magneto though and of course could have done it much earlier, but waited for the moment it most benefited him.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

He just got his powers back when he did it

Yeah but part of the story is that he could have had the High Evolutionary do it whenever, but he just made a mental note of the bullet's composition and let her float around for a while so he could use it as a trump card later.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not sure how drunk I'd need to be to punch a child, but I'm willing to find out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What was missing with Ex Nihilo? That seemed like a little self contained story.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cyclops is Clark Kent if he had to be in charge of people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The tattoo was also because of booze.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kitty can land on Krakoa the old fashioned way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did Goldballs change his name?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I mean, technically he still hasn't broken a law. They never made murdering other mutants into a law, after all. v:shobon:v

Even when Kate returns, she won't actually know that it was Shaw who killed her unless Xavier had made a replica of her brain the literal minute it started to happen.

Unless she is in fact not a mutant.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There have been a couple of stories over the years implying Kitty wasn't a mutant too.

BrianWilly posted:

I don't know why the characters think someone's humanity has anything to do at all with using the gates. Humans can enter the gates and do so all the time.

Humans need to be cleared. Mutants just works.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I haven't read these stories so I can't vouch for quality. I've just seen them references in discussions.

X-Men volume 2 #100 Claremont very clearly makes her to be from a species called the Neo. That idiot got dropped by future writers. This is 2000s Claremont so it's probably junk.

Hunt for Wolverine had Iron Man say one of the X-Men is a sleeper agent that's not really a mutant but genetically modified. That one didn't imply anyone specific though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Krakoa is probably not letting Kate enter until she's honest with everyone and admits her feelings for Racheal.

The list Xavier had Cipher give Krakoa says "Kitty Pryde" and Krakoa doesn't understand human naming conventions.

Everyone is embarrassed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Face turn is the opposite of heel turn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For all the silliness of Blackagar Boltagon, at least he doesn’t have electricity powers conveniently too I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gambit and Rogue name their future daughter Irene. Ick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's been in every issue of X-Men.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Fantomex/X stuff was dropped with extreme prejudice immediately upon Rosenberg taking over.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bringing back Farouk only for him to get possessed by the Shadow King again seems inevitable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We already know from previous issues that Kate and Emma have a permanent psychic PTT (PPPTT?) connection so I'm just waiting for the reveal about Kate being saved and while Shaw thinks she's dead, destroying everything he knows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I still think they're playing Shaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, she’s definitely just from Boston.