Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I don't like dishwashers though because I think the concept of washing your dishes in pumice grit on a regular basis is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

the best dishwashers are the higher end residential ones by siemens/bosch that have the volcano rocks in them that absorb all the moisture during the drying cycle so everything is bone dry and cool to the touch when you open the door

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier of the Neil Bush torch

Shaggar posted:

i have a bosch dishwasher and an lg washer and dryer pair and they're good

i had the same bosch dishwasher for about 10 years and then something broke that was basically half hte cost of a new one to fix so I bought a new bosch and i dont like it as much.

Ive had an LG washing machine for about 4 years and its had a tiny leak in it for a long time and fixing it is again like half the cost of a new one so i just tolerate it.

Ive had the same whirlpool dryer for like 20 years, its great.

The samsung fridge loving sucks rear end, dont buy one.

anyway, those are Rotors Appliance Reviews, hope u enjoyed em

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

I just got a bosch dishwasher and it's pretty ok

some stuff comes out smelling a bit like detergent, more than they did with the 10 year old frigidaire it replaced

yeah mine does that too. i should probably try using less detergent

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

mystes posted:

How dirty are all of your dishes when you put them in your dishwasher?

the miele i have now can basically get anything off of the dishes. you can put some really nasty stuff in there and it comes out sparkling clean, even stuff like heavily coffee/tea stained cups that had to be scrubbed with steel wool in the past come out looking brand new

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

this is my next stop yeah

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 9, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

the worst thing about buying good quality appliances is that if you move house, the buyer won't care and the place you move to will have poo poo ones because most people are idiots.

same for bathrooms. basically other people are idiots with low standards

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

basically other people are idiots

god i hate them so much

mystes
May 31, 2006

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

basically other people are idiots
Same but I also include myself

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mystes posted:

mine are clean of pretty much everything. i just use a dishwasher to get the final bit of oil off, sanitization, and rinsing. i also did hand wash all of my dishes for years and ran a food truck.

if you rinse your dish clean of particulate right after use, washing is simple even a day later. if you throw dishes full of food into your sink and leave them, they’re a pain in the as to clean and attract pests.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

commercial dishwashers are a different beast and are used after some person has already hosed down the dish of anything on it with a high pressure nozzle.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

"I believe I did, Bob."

PagerDuty had a 7% of global workforce layoffs, and announced it in a blog post full of VP promotions and a bit where they quote MLK to support themselves being amazing leaders:

https://www.pagerduty.com/blog/improving-pagerdutys-operational-resilience-to-achieve-our-long-term-vision-and-goals/

quote:

None of this would be possible without you, our leadership, and our board — thank you for your grit and resilience, your commitment to our customers and your support of our values and people. I am reminded in moments like this, of something Martin Luther King said, that “the ultimate measure of a [leader] is not where [they] stand in the moments of comfort and convenience, but where [they] stand in times of challenge and controversy.” PagerDuty is a leader that stands behind its customers, its values, and our vision — for an equitable world where we transform critical work so all teams can delight their customers and build trust.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Broken Machine posted:

here's a demo of one installed in someone's home bar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnKAVFBIH1c&t=60s
want to hang out with this guy, he seems like a fun weirdo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

god i hate them so much
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwSxBiS0rHY

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

THE HORROR
THE HORROR

The_Franz posted:

they're loud, hot, and made for continuous use. you generally don't want one of those in your home

hey we don't need to bring twinks into this, and they are more than welcome in my home for the record

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Ask me about nerfing your paladin!

MononcQc posted:

PagerDuty had a 7% of global workforce layoffs, and announced it in a blog post full of VP promotions and a bit where they quote MLK to support themselves being amazing leaders:

https://www.pagerduty.com/blog/improving-pagerdutys-operational-resilience-to-achieve-our-long-term-vision-and-goals/

this is the worst layoff notice i've seen in some time. and there has been a LOT of competition.

it's like someone asked chatgpt to write a press release

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Lum_ posted:

this is the worst layoff notice i've seen in some time. and there has been a LOT of competition.

it's like someone asked chatgpt to write a press release

good thing that would never happen, huh

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

where did you come from
where did you go
where did you come from,
cat face joe

Doctor Rope
i worked at a place that years prior, made program manager a "management" roll that had actual authority and required training and certification every year. i took this for granted when i went to my next job and all the pms were business majors we hired right out of college

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

mystes posted:

Scrape off the bulk food matter into a composting bin, but otherwise straight in.

The point of a residential dishwasher is labour-saving, if you're still hand-washing the dishes before putting them in then you're missing the point.

Commercial dishwashers are a totally different machine that serves a totally different purpose (rapidly sanitising dishes to commercial food-safety standards).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah you have to leave *some* debris for the detergent to react with, but big lumps or solids or large quantities of liquid will just end up in the filter. anything that can be easily pushed off with silverware goes in the trash, when it's just smears left it can go in the dishwasher

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

having a dishwasher when you live alone is dumb. having one when you have a family - especially when one or more children are involved - is vital

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ive never had a dishwasher

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

having a dishwasher when you live alone is dumb. having one when you have a family - especially when one or more children are involved - is vital

Even if it takes a couple of days to fill it, it’s far more efficient than you can ever hope to be hand washing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
even more efficient in that case, since the amount of water and electricity used doesn't vary that much with how full it is

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

even if you live alone, you are using more water to handwash your dishes than the dishwasher would use

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

DELETE CASCADE posted:

even if you live alone, you are using more water to handwash your dishes than the dishwasher would use

i don’t have space for another appliance so it doesn’t matter

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ok fine, "having a dishwasher when you live alone is dumb if there are any relevant tradeoffs at all." the "use less water" thing is only compelling in arid parts of the world, and even then it's hard for me to get too worked up about it

mystes
May 31, 2006

I kind of agree that using a dishwasher for one person is more trouble than it's worth even if hand washing isn't actually more efficient or anything. Or at least I haven't bothered using the dishwasher when I have been in that situation and had a dishwasher.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/jason_kint/status/1618029720599408643

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
they'll just settle with the government for a fraction of the amount that they make on such abuse, then keep on doing it, but more subtle this time

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

just reminding everyone of the apple, goog, adobe et al agreement to keep engineer wages artificially low, which they lost a lawsuit about for what tim cook has rolling around in his couch cushions and then just continued to do it in a way that was less legally actionable.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Nap Ghost

the most likely outcomes of this are either a trivial fine or maybe advertisers have to pay slightly less.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

just reminding everyone of the apple, goog, adobe et al agreement to keep engineer wages artificially low, which they lost a lawsuit about for what tim cook has rolling around in his couch cushions and then just continued to do it in a way that was less legally actionable.

the main virtue of zuckbot, despite being a little poo poo in nearly all other ways, is that he didnt give one gently caress about that one so it just takes another putative tech major to keep on carrying that torch while facebook gets its nuts kicked. i tend to think it'll be stripe this time

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

why should he give a poo poo? 60m? dudes just gonna empty out his change jar

the people who settled are absolutely class traitors

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the real big problem w/ cartels is that they present strong avenues for defection. even with nation-states that know violence and how to do violence and poo poo, OPEC gets defections all the time. you need total unity to get a cartel going properly and groups of economic entities can't do total unity, really

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
why though? it's an inverse prisoner's dilemma, if one guy defects then everybody's profit goes down because now suddenly you have to pay the defector's offered rate if you want the very best people. and if you want to build something like adwords or apple's A-series processors or DynamoDB then you do need the very best people

if you have a cozy club that is for all practical purposes impossible for outsiders to muscle in on then the last thing you want to do is rock the boat

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Sapozhnik posted:

why though? it's an inverse prisoner's dilemma, if one guy defects then everybody's profit goes down because now suddenly you have to pay the defector's offered rate if you want the very best people. and if you want to build something like adwords or apple's A-series processors or DynamoDB then you do need the very best people

if you have a cozy club that is for all practical purposes impossible for outsiders to muscle in on then the last thing you want to do is rock the boat

thats not the inverse prisoner's dilemma, that's just the ordinary prisoner's dilemma, because the defecting firm did get that good computer-toucher so now they have an advantage against all the other fucks

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I had a dream last night that at my tech job my role consisted of writing blog posts about hotdogs. Had to post at least once a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I look forward to subscribing