Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

mine had a tunnel system connecting all the buildings but it was only on "north campus" and most of my classes were on "south campus"

when I was living in the dorms at my school I had dreams that the tunnel system in engineering reached my dorm one day during the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

if u went to umass lowell, that dream culd have been reality. bs cs (top 200)

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 17, 2022

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

fart simpson posted:

if u went to umass lowell, that dream culd have been reality. bs cs (top 200)

home of wang laboratories and one of the greatest failsons known to man.

the wang towers are monuments to hubris.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i remember back in 2003 someone found the networking connections for their dorm in the steam tunnels below campus and set himself up so he was on the non-student network after all the staff went home for the day. gave him absolutely insane upload speed. i downloaded the win2k source code from him in like 5 minutes because his throughput was so good. he got caught because he stole bacon from the cafeteria in his sneaking adventures and posted a picture online. someone ratted him out. he got suspended from school for a semester or two.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

your dead comedy forum is a piece of poo poo

yeah actually they will posted:

your ability to login was tied to your ip address being on a whitelist so if you ever wanted to log in from a different location or your ip address changed you'd have to send lowtax an email asking him to please put your new ip address on and just hope he'd check it within the week

sebmojo posted:

this is also the case with admin panel access. one time FAU's ip address changed, when he was the only admin, and lowtax never replied to any of his emails so he didn't have panel access for months

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

your dead comedy forum is a piece of poo poo

radium!!!! :argh:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you cant do that in buttfuck wisconsin, is the point. nearly all other places in the united states have a straight majority white peeps

cleveland, the pittsburgh of the midwest, is also like this. its almost even a Chocolate City, as defined by the great demographer Dr. George Clinton, PhD, SC

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pittsburgh is the pittsburgh of the midwest as itís on the edge anyways.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

THE HORROR
THE HORROR

why do they call it pittsburgh when you pitts in the midwest pitts out hot cleveland the burgh

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

why do they call it pittsburgh when you pitts in the midwest pitts out hot cleveland the burgh

:dafuq:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

that's right op

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

life is a pitts and then you die

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

THE HORROR
THE HORROR

i really like that line because if people haven't seen it before they just assume either you're having a stroke or they're having a stroke

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 3, 2006

i never asked for this

my catís name is Pitts

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Shame Boy posted:

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

FMguru posted:

i vaguely recall target loss prevention noting who the thieves were and holding off on busting them until they crossed the threshold between misdemeanor and felony theft

does this mean that everyone gets a consequence-free theft quota from target

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

raminasi posted:

does this mean that everyone gets a consequence-free theft quota from target

if you're a frequent flier they'll eventually call the real cops.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Midjack posted:

if you're a frequent flier they'll eventually call the real cops.

the question is if you know where the line is and quit the habit under it will they ever bother to pop you for petty

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

~this is me posting irl~

haveblue posted:

the question is if you know where the line is and quit the habit under it will they ever bother to pop you for petty

i guess it depends on where you are (and maybe the color of your skin, depending) but i'm skeptical a prosecutor would be interested in going after a misdemeanor theft case that's several weeks or even months old

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Shame Boy posted:

i really like that line because if people haven't seen it before they just assume either you're having a stroke or they're having a stroke

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

cleveland, the pittsburgh of the midwest, is also like this. its almost even a Chocolate City, as defined by the great demographer Dr. George Clinton, PhD, SC

Cleveland, the Paris of the Midwest

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

Cleveland, the Paris of the Midwest

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Official Carrier
of the Neil Bush Torch

teh butts

more like LEAVE land imo

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

ask your pharmacist if tarsier-ashpool is right for you

thank you. you beat me to it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

theres a third one, commissioned a few years ago for the mlb all star game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIbmT2Rs8vw

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol. you can tell they had to sand the edges off for the project, but at least the guy got paid

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

infernal machines posted:

lol. you can tell they had to sand the edges off for the project, but at least the guy got paid
they did leave in the most important thing (that at least cleveland is not detroit)

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i'd been under the impression that cleveland rocks

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

just one of the wild inaccuracies in the opening of the drew carey show

Lady Radia
Jul 13, 2021

Despite everything, it's still you.

For God's sakes, Lemon. We'd all like to flee to the Cleve and club-hop down at the Flats and have lunch with Little Richard.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

just one of the wild inaccuracies in the opening of the drew carey show

*updates imdb trivia section*

Lady Radia
Jul 13, 2021

detroit is ok. i live here.

Lady Radia
Jul 13, 2021

need a car though. that really sucks.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you need a car in the motor city? loving wild if true

Lady Radia
Jul 13, 2021

you need a car in the motor city? loving wild if true

any major metro area with lovely public transit needs to be called out

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm very lucky to live in the core of a city with an at least passable transit system.

i grew up out in the suburbs where buses existed mostly in theory and you were better off walking if you had more than one transfer, so i know how much worse it can be.

that said, i'm not entirely shocked that detroit doesn't have comprehensive mass transit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Nap Ghost

i was happy to get new office in walking distance but winter + covid lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

america was a mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

"I believe I did, Bob."

https://www.businessinsider.com/meta-oculus-vr-division-antitrust-investigation-ftc-report-says-2022-1

The FTC and an undisclosed number of US states led by New York have been questioning third-party Oculus app developers over the last few months, sources with knowledge of the matter told Bloomberg.

Sources told Bloomberg that investigators are looking into whether Oculus uses its market position to squash competition.