Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

H mart is supposed to come to daly city in a month

Add 6 months to a year because of bullshit, but still

Has to do with tech inasmuch as i am pissed off that it's a goddamned pain in the rear end to get Korean food in the Bay area north of Sunnyvale for some reason

국제수퍼 kinda sucks

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Crucify the valley on a cross of insta

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

who wants some

i prolly should give away in person. when and where is good for you peeps

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

rotor posted:

who says "bash down?"

Me

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

this is 100% false, as the giant soulless buildings they're putting up now loving suck from the perspective of creating a community since there's like 4 retail units for every 100 apartments. the luxury towers end up with an extremely overpriced restaurant as the only retail tenant while the shorter block-long ones in SoMA and mission bay ones choose four from a list of: nail salon, hair salon, hipster barber shop, dry cleaner, pet toy/groomer, somewhat overpriced restaurant, group exercise studio, coffee shop, bank branch.

we should be building central paris/the east village, not west harlem. high density housing without high density retail/services makes unlivable spaces. alternately go hong kong/singapore and put a 3-5 story mall in the bottom of every apartment tower.

Stick some 50 story malls around

Also confiscate all land value so there's no profit in it

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

qirex posted:

someone spent 5 years and $150 million building a mall on market street and since they finished it 3 years ago it's sat empty

Cuz not enough 50 story soulless concrete apartments

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

You gotta have the 50 story soulless concrete apartments first, revolutions start in cities, like proper cities

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

SpaceX. Too bad about literally everything else ok musky does

Stripe

Gusto can apparently pull the lever for profit, iirc

Couple of the new insurance dealios

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

They basically own that little bit of seo space, yeah

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

They made the flight 70% cheaper and made the price 15% less. I wouldn't put it above the musk to still be losing money but shotwell will regularly stand up to musk and that's why it's mostly succeeded

Tesla has like 30% better margins than normal cars, too, they just blew it on stupid poo poo

The Mars rocket is a deffo candidate to gently caress up on, but it looks like the current thing they're doing is trying to kill telecoms. Deec target, I won't begrudge them if they fight

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 6, 2019

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

Yes, but at the same time they're dumping a boatload into RnD. So I think they're losing money, but in a "good way".

Until you see what they're spending it on, anyway.

Starlink is a solution in search of a problem, and won't be as successful as people hope.

We don't have the 50 story soulless concrete apartments yet, we need to beam the benefits of 50 story soulless concrete apartments to the hinterlands

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

50 story soulless concrete apartments means subways are easy peasy

E: my autocorrect will autocomplete 50 story soulless concrete apartments now, lol

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Not dense enough imo

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

back when I was on a car search, I started getting ads for the car I bought for eight months after I already bought the loving thing

very effective

It's for justifying the purchase. Some schools of advertising say it shouldn't end at the purchase

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

They do the ticket checking for Caltrain

They don't do it for Bart

One of many things hosed up about Bay area transit

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Uber, hqed in SF, such a famous Republican stronghold

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Use the ol' one bit per iteration trick. You can always squeeze out an easy 300x speedup from neural nets. Results will be inferior but eh

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Whoo boy don't want that in your weed

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Land value tax

100%

You can have the depreciating box tho

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it doesn't take a galaxy brain or an mba

your opportunities to get in on this kind of grift are purely determined by who your parents are

the successful grifter may, incidentally, have a galaxy brain or an mba in finance, but neither of those were key qualifications to getting the sweet money shower to rain down

mostly it was having a rich dad who knew a guy in college or went golfing with someone

Eh, I know like 4 grifters who weren't born to rich dads or poo poo. Real req is going to plutocrat school

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

That was the Sears tower

It didn't work out, but not cuz of the tower

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Sereri posted:

i just found out Microsoft is planing a cloud streaming service as well

who the gently caress is asking for this?

The peeps who want video game drm that works

Aka, not end users, customers

They're all b2b businesses now, get with the times.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

You would think a group of people who went to amazing lengths to hide their body odor and try not to have any would not be appreciated by gamers

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

That's called a successful grift

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

It's like chess but w 400 lb dudes slamming into each other and getting brain damage instead of pawns

This is from my old boss who was a div 1 football coach in a past life and quit cuz of the brain jellies

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

It's about being trans

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

Um, Marissa Mayer said she worked 120 hours a week at Google. Are you saying she's a liar?

Tad late but I know for a fact it was 80 real hours a week and a week vacation every 6 weeks

(Lol)

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Do what the flight attendants do

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

San Diego and Boston don't make sense unless they're adding biotech with computer touching

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Krankenstyle posted:

i thought child actors' money were put into a trust so the parents couldnt spend it

They made that law in response to the abuses in California

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Almost no optimization actually used in industry above the level of calc 4 and Lin alg, because that's what you get when you hire CS peeps. Modelers actually being able to actually code is de facto a hard requirement, which makes taking random phds a dicey proposition and limits the number of phds you can get.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Computer people are second class citizens in quant land which is why you routinely see absolute dog poo poo code in quant land. It's often quite uncertain, the question of whether quants actually implemented the thing they said they implemented

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

They're actually fine with most stuff in the market

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

I knew one of the PowerPoint product peeps and she said that a large part of the revenue comes from people with way too much budget spending it on increasingly depraved animations and other poo poo

Military in particular spends serious figgies on animations

She was a big bullshitter tho

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

They set a deadline for gcp to beat aws by 2023, which means that if they don't, they may kill it

They have no ability to do b2b poo poo, huh

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Its the consequences of their well deserved reputation, cemented by the reader closure, I think

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Wasn't George W Bush president the last time stymie posted outside of the 219

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Fascism, going by the keynote speaker

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

Unfortunately he's dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps

Nap Ghost

The only good thing about dredd was the 50 story soulless concrete apartments and that is pretty much the thing we aren't getting so lol