Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Bulgakov posted:

i wish twitter wasn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

for real though thanks for the link that combined it all

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

imagine if we had a USPS run national broadband network too.

United States posting service

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

antecedent not satisfied

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

carrying two bags through the airport then shoving one under your seat (and losing some leg room in the process) to save a few bucks and ten minutes waiting at the bag check is a sucker's trade.

I'll admit the calculus changes somewhat if you have a connection that dramatically increases the likelihood of being separated from your luggage

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

every time I've been all "I didn't get it" they've sent me a new thing, even when the tracking number says "delivered"

and they better too, they knowingly use shipping companies that lie about delivering stuff

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I already do that and lemme tell you, HR hates it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

like do people still go out for a movie or to go to the county fair or whatever

yeah but that comes after you get mad rutty

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

add in functionally for composers and mortal kombat characters and you've got a winner

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

phone posting is bad, sure, but the alternative of using a computer to post is much worse

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

man someone should show the automatic pizza maker people what people who you pay $7/hour can do.

I think you mean what deep learning neural networks implemented in an organic substrate can do.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

haveblue posted:

Papa John Henry

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

holy poo poo. thanks for quoting btw cause I did not click through and would've missed it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yo if any of y'all somehow end up with Texas Instruments stuff I'll probably buy it off of you

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's gonna be great when facial-recognition-defeating clothing and makeup becomes mainstream-ish

I mean it'll suck, but at least it'll look cool

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

or deadjournal

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

infernal machines posted:

it's smug, tedious, and incorrect.

what the gently caress leave me out of this

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I flush my own toilet after showing all of my e-pals a view of my impressionist art, what class does that put me in?

ms jenkin's third grade id say but maybe mr lopez's fourth grade

middle school is gonna he a huge change i hear they make you write in cursive :ohdear:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

nbsd

was

right

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I mean the more you complain about it the more likely it is that somebody'd change it back, yeah

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

what movie is that?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

just turn on the shower before you brush your teeth. by the time you're done it won't be cold any more

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Bernie is old though

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

nbsd I need advice. I'm wfh for covid reasons, as is my team and my boss. what shoes should I wear?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

so the answer is clear: socks with sandals

lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

big red in the back with so much soul, make snacks and operate the remote control

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

President Beep posted:

iirc he's renounced his homophobic ways and is now something of an advocate. he's also been giving money to food service industry people that are out of jobs or something.

yeah this. I went from disliking the dude to thinking he's a generally standup guy (dadjoke). he saw that he was wrong and fixed his poo poo. he also was feeding tons of firefighters and stuff, and was doing it without all the self-aggrandizing press releases and announcements that you usually see every time a celebrity or business does something decent. he's just into doing good on the downlow and that's awesome

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Shame Boy posted:

he's someone you really want to hate because he has a VERY punchable face and personality but he's done the incredibly rare thing of genuinely changing his lovely opinions and making amends for them and how often do you see that these days

yeah, about five years ago a buddy of mine had this guy fieri war where we'd insert guy fieri being a wiener into whatever. i'd change his background, he'd put a "signed picture" on my desk, etc. it peaked when my wife was pregnant with our son: i grabbed an ultrasound clip from youtube and then edited it so that guy fieri popped in going "THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT!". he was so excited for me when i was showing it to him, i felt bad when guy fieri popped out :(

for some reason that guy still talks to me

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Fool posted:

hooking them to my collar feels like the douchier option.

you are incorrect

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

being mean for fun is incompatible with eudaimonia

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

scrum, sodomy, and the lash

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao I just remembered forte agent

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

shoes, on the other hand

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oops I meant other foot

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lmao bsd you're so defensive about your shoes. its ok for you to love shoes, man. you don't have to pretend you're doing it out of ~*~career necessity~*~ or whatever, you can just enjoy nice footwear if that's your thing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol holy poo poo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

new edge case: lid was down, huge mess, divorce imminent

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

carry on then posted:

not pictured: losers

just turn off your monitor

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

TerminalRaptor posted:

1995, which was 15 years ago.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

the inscrutable locals have been working at for thousands of years

it is very difficult for an individual to study something for thousands of years