Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

welcome to the new haven for discussion for the hottest industry around, in which we discuss our efforts to all make a half million dollars a year for touching computers and leaking your personally identifiable information

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

credits to rotor for that one

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

yah he got 8 years in fed, he won't be out before 2025

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

blue apron owned - it was a food logistics company founded by people that had zero experience in either food service or shipping logistics

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i say "was" even though i'm sure they're still croaking and dragging themselves around, but really, yeah it's over

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

yeah. also since you can sell terrible mattresses but due to the shipping logistics nobody will ever do a return lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

JawnV6 posted:

they make u sign a note saying u destroyed it

foolproof

haha the logitech gambit

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

whatever. moderation here has always been capricious and arbitrary, i'm not suggesting it's some great injustice or something. it's just funny getting banned for casting a line into the water and having your boat sunk by all the fish flinging themselves bodily into it for hours on end.

i'm not really sure you got a good grasp on the situation that transpired but it'd be really cool if you PM'd a mod or something, or perchance started a QCS thread, if you have questions about how it was handled. This is a big forum, there's no reason to drag all that back in this same thread! Thanks and have a great day, friend.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

agreed, added to op

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

OTA tv works just fine but here's the problem - ota tv is HORRIBLE. so loving many commercials.

these days the only thing i watch on it is NHK World. the four big networks are so loving bad and horrible it's obvious they realize that only people older than 50 watch abc/cbs/nbc/fox

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

*shaggar hits SUBMIT REPLY* button

haha this one's a real bangor

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

the death of deadspin is a large cultural and civil loss, imo

it's a loving shame and not only do i mourn the loss of the good non-sports writing, but that poo poo literally attracted me to deadspin at large and i read more about sports - in general a thing that i do not follow - as a direct result of having those non sports articles up.

they're so loving dumb to kill it but capitalism is stupid and blind

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

what if we had self driving cars only approved for particular roads taht we knew the topology of

and if those roads had controlled intersections and crossings
and then, because we are driving across a narrow, controlled range of surfaces, we replaced asphalt and tires with steel wheels and some sort of, i don't know, rail

and then since our load bearing capacity is vastly increased, we could aggregate traffic and drive cargo and /or passengers in large batches via efficient, large traction engines

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

take it dark, do the quavering-voice-girl-covering-a-song trope

cw: extreme fascism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_wLPcH1_WA

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

maybe as an american, but presumably the rest of the world might have some issues with the premier global communication platform being run by the us government

i have news about "the internet" that may disturb you

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fishmech is right. virginia was in the confederacy and delaware's basically the midsouth

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

the rest of those are amusing but that's genuinely terrifying

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1192619645653504000

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

which shitposter was cucking a chinese cop, i forget
howd that work out

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fury road but immortan joe just dumping thousands of gallons of fruit water on the masses

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

yeah i have double no sympathy for him

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

those pavers are messed up because it's probably the first time a vehicle had ever driven over them because he did such a poo poo job

this is assuredly the case lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

i like how his worth has doubled since he announced he was giving all of his money away

really weird, that

but its investment dividends

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

gates will do some stupid poo poo like write in howard schultz

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

syntaxrigger posted:

I would really love to know what a multi-billionaire feels like they need billions of dollars for. I know he doesn't have a billion dollars in his pocket but still, I can't see a person who has 500 million dollars wanting for anything.

Is it just wanting to be able to buy a small country on a whim? Or maybe hiring a private army to do some light invasion on your holiday?

imagine being 70 years old or whatever the gently caress bill is and being scared that not every moment of whatever's left of your life will be lived in absolute coddled luxury because you went below $1 billion net worth

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

it is important to remember that 90% of tiny house stans live in 2x4 wall shacks on harbor freight trailers because then they don't have to pay property taxes

and even then, i am certain their tiny house cost far more than the 5-15k that you can get a lightly used full sized rv or trailer for, that is actually built to be on wheels, that has some semblance of sewer system and decent power, that is built for compact living

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PCjr sidecar posted:

yall see bezos encouraged bloomberg to get back into the race

lol

guarantee you billy g would vote for bloomberg too yeah

"Good news folks! i finally figured out a way to give away 100 billion dollars! Congratulations to michael bloomberg for having the biggest campaign fund ever"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

oh no, no, trump is a florida billionaire now remember

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bbbbut he started microsoft in a garaaaaaaaaaaage

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

poemdexter posted:

to me, a certain yospos regular was being a bully (regardless if what he said was true or not) and turned the tech bubble thread into a dogpile on stymie thread and the wrong person got punished. \_(ツ)_/

it's funny as poo poo how as soon as there was a power vacuum in the Worst Poster In This Subforum slot all these jabronis start kramering in to try to claim the crown

stymie pulled a fake metoo, you mentioned bullying, now let's accuse somebody of human trafficking for the nazi concern troll trifecta

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

twelve pounds

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

here is some interesting tech

i can't really hate on the principle but i wish we'd stop measuring water production in bottle plastic savings

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

yeah rip

also please listen to foo

its for your own good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

water conservation is such crap in most places. sure, don't waste, there is energy conservation involved as well, but places of scarcity gain nothing from conservation in places where it is prevalent.

i should be thankful that people care at all, but especially expensive high-tech solutions are so misguided.

lawn watering should be federally illegal. just like, stop.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

the mango pods were extremely popular with teens

im pissed about the juul thing becuase they...just thought they could sell nicotine to little kids and get away with it.

i actually got one and it was helping me quit real cigarettes and then they all went away.

and it's all barron trump's fault lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoWbQsf8MG4

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i like juul because, unlike the cylindrical vape pen batteries and cartridges which everyone now recognizes generally contain weed, i can buy a weed vape that looks like a juul and The Man doesn't know yet that it isn't tobacco

Yeah, juul is actually Pax at the core, they just realized that they could mass-production pump nicotine into people using their already existing Pax patents and nobody can differentiate and they could profit off 50 states rather than 20 or whatever. During the golden year or so you could rip on a Pax weedvape and everybody just thought you were Juuling and it was fine.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

well why not posted:

one thing is clear : golf courses should be instantly seized and repurposed as public farms and parks. and I should get a golf buggy out of the deal somehow cos I wanna rip that poo poo around town

take a country club
kick out the white old people
remove the golf clubs
add big stacks of wooden pallets
bring urban kids out to drive the golf carts around and give them a box of nails and hammers

boom its gun-free fortnite

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

syntaxrigger posted:

Just FYI now that I have done my time, I don't harbor any ill will towards jonny290 or anything. I was just loving around and p bored.

I know caring about things isn't cool but saying it makes me feel better.

dude its all just forum posts. no love lost. I have knives out for He Who We Are Not Allowed To Quote but everybody else is cool. u good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

the only way to fail at posting on the something awful dot com forums subforum 219 index dot php is if you start Caring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

one of the absolute top 5 koth clips ever