Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Silver Alicorn posted:

I should have sent more snacks

:same:

bump_fn posted:

as long as they got thru customs

it’s me, customs. will update tracking after the package passes the colon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
UPS sez the package has been delivered

did my santee reicvee the YOSMAS?? :ohdear:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Back from Christmas vacation and got my packages! Will post contents later tonight!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

your are santa is asking the same thing about you!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:beerpal:

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 30, 2019

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

your are santa is asking the same thing about you!

uh oh

i have not yet received anything

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Back from vacation and I got some packages!

Lets take a look at whats in these tubes first:

A very cool map of national parks! I've been to a couple of these places, I stopped by Crater Lake on my way to Seattle, and I've been to the base of Mt Rainier. Maybe this will inspire me to visit a few more.

I love USGS maps. This is a mountain in southern California, an area I'm not familiar with but the letter explains its a popular motorcycling destination. (books unrelated I just needed something to keep the map flat)

Lots of cool stuff in the larger package: A Tabasco tee-shirt, dog bandanna, various cool stickers and another map. Lol these GNU/Linux dynamic duo stickers. The dogs not here at the moment but I'll have to get a shot of him with the bandanna later this week.

Finally, a sexy kinetic thriller to ring in the new year

The letter mentioned above

Thanks el dorito! Merry Yosmas!

Lenny Nero
Apr 14, 2007

I'm the magic man...The Santa Claus of the subconscious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RoOs-S_JVI

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

ADINSX posted:

The letter mentioned above

Thanks el dorito! Merry Yosmas!

No problem! I wish I had spent more time and devised a better plan, but I didn't want to run out of time. I wanted to get you some better maps of Louisiana and a map of the US with cool icons representing parts of computer history in places that are not California. Like a covered wagon for MECC in Minnesota, or a typewriter for Broderbund in Oregon, or a graphing calculator for Texas.

The GNU / Ubuntu stickers are more for the "funny computer" aspect. If you've ever used Ubuntu and decide to sing its praises in the YOSPOS linux thread, you will find that some people have strong opinions about it.

big strange days post incoming

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Strange Days is a bit weird in terms of cyberpunk. There is certainly the punk aspect, and the future tech does add a bit of "cyber" to it. But there's certainly no extensive programming or hacking going on, or walls of scrolling green text on a black background, or any GUI/text overlays in a time when you might expect it in a blockbuster (see: robocop, terminator, etc). I haven't watched it since I saw it in theaters but it still left me a bit in awe about technology in the near future that is still somewhat grounded (since it doesn't feature flying cars or androids) with the exception of technology whose facsimile (in the form of VR) is actually available today.

For those of you who haven't seen it, it's a great flick for a mindless night. The trailer in the quote above is a good taste. But if you want more, then you want a Siskel and Ebert review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI_q6uECWC0&t=674s

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Dec 30, 2019

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

strange days is good and v yospos

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Ollie helps open the box

And investigate the three dinosaurs

This is an actual Ubuntu 7.04 CD from 2007.

It contains stickers

They are kickin' rad

The clip is actually the USB key

An awesome Triple Dino Lego Set

Ollie plays with his dino a little

On the USB stick is two high-res art photos suitable for printing onto a sound-absorbing tile and turning into wall-art, just like I asked. They're awesome! :)

There was also a $50 gift certificate to the museum, enough to get 2 tickets. This will make a fantastic date someday.

Thanks CrazyLittle!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
one of the packages says its delivered as of last friday

rip my santee i guess

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

bump_fn posted:

rip my santee i guess
still haven't received anything that I'm aware of, but I know there's some late shippers this year. (no biggy)

ShadowHawk posted:

This is an actual Ubuntu 7.04 CD from 2007.

Was it properly fossilized?

ShadowHawk posted:

The clip is actually the USB key

got that from a FB recruiter at nanog but I cleaned all the poo poo off it for ya

ShadowHawk posted:

On the USB stick is two high-res art photos suitable for printing onto a sound-absorbing tile and turning into wall-art, just like I asked. They're awesome! :)
Best two photos I had for print purposes. If you need a release waiver / formal reproduction license I can type up a PDF for you. IIRC I sent my tokyo tower shot to another goon. The 2nd photo was taken on my last day of employment at *lastjob*, and it's not half bad for "shot on iphone" quality.

ShadowHawk posted:

There was also a $50 gift certificate to the museum, enough to get 2 tickets. This will make a fantastic date someday.

You should be able to go to any night @ museum except for maybe the valentine's day one? At least I tried to price it out that way.

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 30, 2019

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

yosmas box received!

it was delivered to my office on the 26th so I didn't get it until i went in today.

included:
  • some local honey
  • aardvark hot sauce (will def make some pork to try w/ this)
  • chocolate covered hazelnuts that I've already opened and enjoyed far too much for my own good. i have successfully taunted my nut-allergic coworker with them. he just averted his eyes from the bag.
  • more roasted salted hazelnuts not covered in chocolate.
  • smoked salmon that i will probably hoard and treasure until it's past its prime and then eat it and get sick and die
  • copy of Mitnick's book which is pro-tier would recommend, and while I've already read it from yosmas past this is a nice replacement for the copy I lent to a friend that died. maybe next time i'll lend it to a frenemy
  • a barcade t-shirt that is, unfortunately too large. i'll figure out somewhere to hang it - retro shirt is a good shirt

tyvm crack-rear end this made going into work awesome

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 30, 2019

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh whew! glad it made it.

sorry about the mixup on the shirt. also good to know that the book is a pro read, will have to grab a copy for myself.

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

hey santa i got the package and wowee

will post pictures soonish

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

secret aardvark hot sauce owns. I also really like it on burgers

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
So I got one box that I think is of a set of two?

A box

A note:

Buckfast! I've never had this before, and look forward to sampling!

Unfortunately, only one of these seemed to make it thru shipping without much damage, one was crushed and the other in between, still look forward to trying what's left!:

Thanks mystery santa! Not sure what the note means quite yet but I figure I will soon

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Sniep posted:

Unfortunately, only one of these seemed to make it thru shipping without much damage, one was crushed and the other in between, still look forward to trying what's left!:

uh oh you're going to choke on taht

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

a (hopefully now redacted) thing was delivered today

made sure to keep those arrows in the correct orientation
upon opening i was greeted by...

peanuts! and a letter

first, i need to unpack this thing without making too much of a mess...

wrapped item 1:

shirts, socks, and a doggo scarf. it all fit just fine even if doggo there was more excited with helping unwrap than wearing her new bandana.
i feel like i can finally start my streaming career now

wrapped item 2:

tingly things. :siren:my wife:siren: deffo got a kick out of this stuff, as did i. i can definitely appreciate the work of Dr. Tingle and we've already got a good kick out of reading through pieces of The Art Of The Tingle

wrapped item 3:

lilypad! from what i can tell, some kind of sewable electronic stuff. i will be sure to post about what eventually gets made with this thing

wrapped item 4:

i can assure you it took me roughly 10 minutes to unwrap all the bubble wrap, amazon envelopes and gallon bags that was keeping this duder safe.
i haven't had a whole lot of whiskey, and what i've had has been out of KY, but this looks to be a treat. again, i will post a trip report once this gets opened

action shot of a very unhappy dog with a snazzy new bandana:

final shot:

thanks very much santa sniep! happy yosmas to all

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
Glad you like it! The twitch stuff was kind of just out of my swag pile since i work there, but the whiskey is Good (pay attention that it's like 110 proof (higher?) and might want to let it chill with an ice cube for a bit to get happy. The lilypad kit has conductive steel thread you can sew with for ultimate cyberpunk applications, with arduinos powered by a button cell battery you can just put into any sort of costume or whatever. Merry Seasonal Holiday!

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Sniep posted:

Glad you like it! The twitch stuff was kind of just out of my swag pile since i work there, but the whiskey is Good (pay attention that it's like 110 proof (higher?) and might want to let it chill with an ice cube for a bit to get happy. The lilypad kit has conductive steel thread you can sew with for ultimate cyberpunk applications, with arduinos powered by a button cell battery you can just put into any sort of costume or whatever. Merry Seasonal Holiday!

Gotta respect the "don't be a pussy" shot glass on that whiskey

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

syntaxrigger posted:

Gotta respect the "don't be a pussy" shot glass on that whiskey

it's the typical grab for going up into the mountains

comes with its own cup

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I've never tried the Stranahan's because by the time it ends up here in Europe it's prohibitively expensive, but some day...

Good gifts all around itt! I'm living vicariously through y'all. Maybe next time I'll join in again.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

:siren:el dorito:siren: your santa is still putting the finishing touches on your gift but it should come soonish

:siren:sniep:siren: your package was dellivered c/d?

:siren:samuel l acksyn:siren: post the box i wanna know what it does lol

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

:siren:sniep:siren: your package was dellivered c/d?

if it wasn't the one i posted above, then no.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

oh good

I failed a toxx and I asked for a stay to do the secret santa so thanks for the update

SANTA, you are perfect and your gift is already great and I want you to take the time that you need. Do not rush yourself.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Also, Fuzzy Mammal, I appreciate the header images that you use in your posts.

I wish my coworkers would put as much effort in their jira tickets instead of just closing them without any comments

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Sniep posted:

if it wasn't the one i posted above, then no.

there should be a slip and it'll be at the post office

"

Tracking Number: XXXXXXXX

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:27 pm on December 31, 2019 in ZIP Code XXXXX

"

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

also good to know that the book is a pro read, will have to grab a copy for myself.

just make sure that if you lend it, you give it to somebody you don't mind dying. So far 100% of my sample size has not survived.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

there should be a slip and it'll be at the post office

"

Tracking Number: XXXXXXXX

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:27 pm on December 31, 2019 in ZIP Code XXXXX

"

Ok, well drat. No slip here, so I'll have to fight with the post office. Unfortunately, the next time I'm back around able to do that is Sat, Jan 11th due to travel. I hope they keep it that long!

E: I should have 15 days from attempted delivery so shouldn't be a big deal. Wonder why they didn't deliver it, maybe I was out on errands (The first box had intense signature requirements and I'm not often here to sign for things, so probably that?)

Sniep fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 5, 2020

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
sniep find teh box

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

bump_fn posted:

sniep find teh box

it’s in his trunk

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Raluek posted:

it’s in his trunk

no thats mine

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
got a note from the post saying i have to pay customs on a box

will try to pick up tomorrow

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
ok i'ma be collating all the shipping notifications i got from folks next weekend and if i haven't heard from you by then i will write a sternly worded letter.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

bump_fn posted:

sniep find teh box

its gonna be a week till im back home in denver so i will follow up then. I got the tracking number so i will hunt it down as soon as im back.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
lmao i cant pick up my package cause they wrote a joke name on it. and the uk mail website is hosed up and wont let me pay the customs fee to get it delivered to my house. just lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
get your legal name changed to the joke name