Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
So he's a literal South Park character got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

People seemed to still love Jim Cornette after some of the worst things he did, like the Muslim rant and n-word stuff. I noticed on this forum in particular it wasnt until he started trolling LU fans and then especially when he started talking poo poo on AEW that people really started to hate him.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Many of us here have been calling Cornette a piece of poo poo for YEARS

This isn't a recent thing. He's been saying and doing awful poo poo for decades.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He drapes and tucks a large towel on his body to eat hamborger

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jim Cornette is a wife guy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jimcornette: i'm sorry to interrupt your intercourse, but i can't finud my hamburger armor. do you know where it is?

wife: petah!

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Low on the list, but he also got Mad Online about Family Guy killing off a character and mounted a campaign to bring it back. Cornette was in his 50's at the time.
this is the funniest thing he's ever done btw

J.J. Sefton
Jun 30, 2005
The Tower Of Power, Too Sweet To Be Sour

Mulaney Power Move posted:

People seemed to still love Jim Cornette after some of the worst things he did, like the Muslim rant and n-word stuff. I noticed on this forum in particular it wasnt until he started trolling LU fans and then especially when he started talking poo poo on AEW that people really started to hate him.

Same here. I also recall him defending the KKKonfederate flag to his former podcast cohost. I *don't* recall that inspiring as much outrage as did his criticisms of Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It wasn't just that he disliked their matches, a lot of the rants were couched in homophobic dogwhistles about Kenny and the Bucks not looking or acting like "real men." It's not hard to read between the lines what he really thought about them.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What was Corny's reaction when #MeToo first started in late 2017? I'm just curious considering the way he's acting about being named during #SpeakingOut.

J.J. Sefton
Jun 30, 2005

Benne posted:

It wasn't just that he disliked their matches, a lot of the rants were couched in homophobic dogwhistles about Kenny and the Bucks not looking or acting like "real men." It's not hard to read between the lines what he really thought about them.

He's used that terminology to describe wrestlers and public figures he dislikes for a long time.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

J.J. Sefton posted:

He's used that terminology to describe wrestlers and public figures he dislikes for a long time.

ok

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
REAL MEN watch their wives groom and abuse young boys and men

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

J.J. Sefton posted:

Same here. I also recall him defending the KKKonfederate flag to his former podcast cohost. I *don't* recall that inspiring as much outrage as did his criticisms of Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks.

He has a confederate flag throw/quilt over his couch in his living room...

J.J. Sefton
Jun 30, 2005

collocation posted:

He has a confederate flag throw/quilt over his couch in his living room...

Yup.

IMO Cornette has been the person he is for a long time. IIRC, his so called "wokeness" stemming from the mid 2000s came as a result of his savings and investments being devastated due to the Bush Depression. Even during/after that he was saying hateful things about *all* Muslims, defending the KKKonfedarate flag and spouting wildly homophobic and sexist things.

IME, that didn't get a fraction of the negative attention he gets these days. IMO that's because he dumps on current darlings.

Does that mean I think folks don't have the right to have an opinion about him?

No, but I also think that those who are so offended by him (again, that's their right) could simply avoid his podcasts and twitter feeds. He doesn't have a presence in current mainstream pro wrestling. He isn't an elected official. He isn't a co-worker relative or supervisor that we have to tolerate to get through the weekday.

IMO he's an aging carny with outdated ideals, a horrible temper and no impulse control.

I think he does what he does partially because his personality compels him. Also, I'm sure he knows it's the best way to get attention. In the era of monetized outrage-he's cashing in.

Or at least he was-we'll see how the recent allegations will impact his earning potential.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

he has been those things though. he was employed at mlw until he opened his stupid mouth and the backlash got him shitcanned. he was employed at nwa until he opened his stupid mouth and the backlash made him quit before they could fire him. its going to keep happening. hes going to always try to worm his way into spaces and he needs to be shouted down and rebuffed at every turn.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

J.J. Sefton posted:

Yup.

IMO Cornette has been the person he is for a long time. IIRC, his so called "wokeness" stemming from the mid 2000s came as a result of his savings and investments being devastated due to the Bush Depression. Even during/after that he was saying hateful things about *all* Muslims, defending the KKKonfedarate flag and spouting wildly homophobic and sexist things.

IME, that didn't get a fraction of the negative attention he gets these days. IMO that's because he dumps on current darlings.

Does that mean I think folks don't have the right to have an opinion about him?

No, but I also think that those who are so offended by him (again, that's their right) could simply avoid his podcasts and twitter feeds. He doesn't have a presence in current mainstream pro wrestling. He isn't an elected official. He isn't a co-worker relative or supervisor that we have to tolerate to get through the weekday.

IMO he's an aging carny with outdated ideals, a horrible temper and no impulse control.

I think he does what he does partially because his personality compels him. Also, I'm sure he knows it's the best way to get attention. In the era of monetized outrage-he's cashing in.

Or at least he was-we'll see how the recent allegations will impact his earning potential.

you sucked the first time you started posting in this thread and you still suck now

J.J. Sefton
Jun 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

you sucked the first time you started posting in this thread and you still suck now

OK.

J.J. Sefton
Jun 30, 2005

Paper Lion posted:

he has been those things though. he was employed at mlw until he opened his stupid mouth and the backlash got him shitcanned. he was employed at nwa until he opened his stupid mouth and the backlash made him quit before they could fire him. its going to keep happening. hes going to always try to worm his way into spaces and he needs to be shouted down and rebuffed at every turn.

Agreed.

IMO that's the responsibility of his peers and potential employers.

To be clear to those who appear to take my posts *very* personally (to the point of indulging in ad hominem responses)...I DO NOT agree with Jim Cornette's views.

I also don't go out of my way to be exposed to them. From my experience, the folks who claim to hate the guy seem to follow him more intently than his so-called "Cult".

Again-he isn't an elected official with the power to impact my way of life. He doesn't appear in any wrestling show I might watch. His (past/present and potential future) co-workers bear the responsibly of confronting him to make it clear his antics aren't welcome or appropriate.

I think rage sharing his posts/slamming him in fan forums is going to have limited (if any) impact on his ability to get a public venue beyond his little niche.

IMO the fan crusade against Jim would be better focused on his podcast sponsors and the places he could *possibly* end up working. Though from what I hear, he's burned bridges everywhere-so what's left for him to worm his way into?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

why are you doing this weird gaslighting thing where you're pretending like jim cornette is no angel but unlike others you just ignore him, like you didn't already admit you regularly listen to and enjoy jim cornette

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Jim Cornette is a big ol' dingus, therefore we make fun of him. This shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

yeah how about instead of simply ignoring things we shout at them for being shitbags until they die alone in their wrestling memorabilia room

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The cool thing about a global pandemic is the people who argue "don't you have something better to do" or "this would be better focused" are just blatantly lying to you. No one is working, no one can go outside, you have all the time in the world to post about how much Jim Cornette sucks.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ad this hominem, dipshit

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

J.J. Sefton posted:

Agreed.

IMO that's the responsibility of his peers and potential employers.

To be clear to those who appear to take my posts *very* personally (to the point of indulging in ad hominem responses)...I DO NOT agree with Jim Cornette's views.

I also don't go out of my way to be exposed to them. From my experience, the folks who claim to hate the guy seem to follow him more intently than his so-called "Cult".

Again-he isn't an elected official with the power to impact my way of life. He doesn't appear in any wrestling show I might watch. His (past/present and potential future) co-workers bear the responsibly of confronting him to make it clear his antics aren't welcome or appropriate.

I think rage sharing his posts/slamming him in fan forums is going to have limited (if any) impact on his ability to get a public venue beyond his little niche.

IMO the fan crusade against Jim would be better focused on his podcast sponsors and the places he could *possibly* end up working. Though from what I hear, he's burned bridges everywhere-so what's left for him to worm his way into?

you said you agreed with my post and then said the opposite. the people that are vocal about cornette are the canary in the coal mine to any employers considering working with him to not do it in the first place. and when he DOES get hired, those same people are telling those employers that they are losing business by keeping him hired. you cant say its up to peers and employers when the man keeps getting employed. its evidence that the community needs to be even more vocal that he is unwelcome in it, not less vocal. if we were vocal enough, they would not end up employing him in the first place

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

What, you're pointing out someone's dreadful bigoted behaviour? Offended much, snowflakes?

*leans back in chair, sips from chilled glass of my own farts*

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Given how Jim Cornette uses "dickless" as an insult, much like he uses dogwhistle accusations of being gay and being a paedophile as insults. Does he use "cuck" to insult people he doesn't like?

Because given what has come out about him and his wife in OVW, that would be rich.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Chris and Kenny Bolin did a stream where they told Cornette stories. Lots of racism talk (Cornette is convinced Muslims are filthy and had no combat when they told him the prayer requirements leads to Muslims being cleaner than most other religions) and talk of how if you can get Cornette off script he gets completely lost.

But relevant for the topic of the weekend Cornette and others were at a Cheddars one of the OVW trainees managed (and other wrestlers worked at) and used the opportunity to harass an 18 year old hostess and try to get her to come home with them.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

jimcornette: i'm sorry to interrupt your intercourse, but i can't finud my hamburger armor. do you know where it is?

wife: petah!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I distinctly recall many people on this forum being furious at him over that Muslim rant and giving up on listening to his show due to it. I remember that because I was one of the people who was furious at him over that Muslim rant and gave up listening to his show due to it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

The cool thing about a global pandemic is the people who argue "don't you have something better to do" or "this would be better focused" are just blatantly lying to you. No one is working, no one can go outside, you have all the time in the world to post about how much Jim Cornette sucks.

Jokes on you nerd, I've always had time to post about how much Jim Cornette sucks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Fun story on the Bolin podcast:

When Cornette and Heenan filmed the ROH shoot in Cornette's house (they told stories about all the memorabilia he has up) they had a BBQ for his friends that day. Cornette told Kenny he couldn't invite his son Chris because Chris was friends with Russo. Heenan had been told Kenny's son really wanted to meet him and asked where he was. Kenny told him Jim didn't want him to come, but Heenan demanded he call his son and have him drive over.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There's at least one video on youtube of Cornette loudly saying in an interview that he blames Russo in part for Owen Hart's death, and even considering Russo is no saint himself, that's pretty hosed up.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Russo and McMahon deliberately booked Owen Hart into an angle designed to humiliate him and misuse his talents

They then booked him into doing a dangerous stunt he didn’t want to do

Russo absolutely bears some responsibility for Owen’s death

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

Fun story on the Bolin podcast:

When Cornette and Heenan filmed the ROH shoot in Cornette's house (they told stories about all the memorabilia he has up) they had a BBQ for his friends that day. Cornette told Kenny he couldn't invite his son Chris because Chris was friends with Russo. Heenan had been told Kenny's son really wanted to meet him and asked where he was. Kenny told him Jim didn't want him to come, but Heenan demanded he call his son and have him drive over.
That sounds like a Bolin tall tale. That DVD came out in 2005 and I'm pretty sure the Bolins having any relationship with Russo is a podcast-era thing.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Russo and McMahon deliberately booked Owen Hart into an angle designed to humiliate him and misuse his talents

They then booked him into doing a dangerous stunt he didn’t want to do

Russo absolutely bears some responsibility for Owen’s death
Russo's responsibility is for coming up with a rappelling stunt for someone not trained in rappelling stunts. But the larger negligence has nothing to do with him. He's not named once in Martha's book.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

davidbix posted:

Russo's responsibility is for coming up with a rappelling stunt for someone not trained in rappelling stunts. But the larger negligence has nothing to do with him. He's not named once in Martha's book.

The larger negligence, absolutely. But everyone at management and creative in that company at the time shares some degree of blame for what happened.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

davidbix posted:

Russo wasn't the one with iron-fisted control over the then-WWF where nothing made it to air without his ok, so to me at the heart of it there's one guy ultimately responsible.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Russo certainly booked himself in enough segments getting blamed for Owen's death.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Russo certainly booked himself in enough segments getting blamed for Owen's death.
Apparently that was legit Piper shooting his own angle, though.

As for Cornette:

Since I wasn't getting a good answer to the main question I had, I listened to his side of the allegations. And...he only denies explicit quid pro quo arrangements. He never addresses whether or not he or his wife ever propositioned anyone who he had power over as OVW booker or owner

Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Now they are saying the Big Show was in on Cornette's greasy cheeseburger sex parties