Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i'm about to mention that poll from the 80s where more than 90% of responders said wrestling was fake and ole anderson thought it would be 3%. i don't remember the details, but i'm going to tell you about it

Can somebody find an authoritative source on this poll? I remember hearing about it, but haven't been able to find it. I need it to rub in someone's face.

Nobody here though.

And not like, literally rub a printout of it in their face.
As much as I'd like to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

It's weird that the people who want "realism in wrestling" won't watch a shoot style show isn't it

What people mean when they say this is that they want wrestling to be exactly like it was when they believed it was real.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I don’t know why people are so weird about Excalibur’s mask

When I've had my non-wrestling-fan friends watch AEW, the announcer that is the most off-putting at first glance is Jim Ross, because the way he looks when he talks is very unusual if you're not used to it. The next person that stands out is Tony, because he looks too normal next to JR and Excalibur.

STAC Goat posted:

Apparently I should be paying more attention to this GCW thing.

GCW rules. It's got that 'anything can happen'/'wouldn't be surprised if the cops show up' energy that hasn't been around since the prime of ECW.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Can we start calling Cornette "Jimmy Corncob" and make it a thing in the greater wrestling community.

I mean if anyone can appreciate calling someone you don't like a dismissive nickname it's old Jimmy Corncob.