Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jim Cornette is a fat, jealous old bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jim Cornette reminds me of a creepy Southern P.E. teacher.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I remember hearing an old interview with an AWA fan from the 80s and she gets asked if it's fake and she very clearly knows the outcomes are predetermined but the bumps suck and are real. Cornette is just dumb as hell. Or just wants to push the idea his era was the only one good enough to fool anyone.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I still have a hard time imagining the complete broken brains it takes to be a super fan of a Jim Cornette or a Vince Russo. Like the kind that goes out to attack people on the internet for them.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

I love how people are still mad about Chuck Taylor's silly hand grenade over a decade later. That's really heat.

What losers. Who could be mad at Chuckie T?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

My favorite thing Cornette ever did was take a big ol poo poo on Hogan and Piper's Starrcade match.
https://youtu.be/ByYTyiSw1ts

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

coconono posted:

Russo AFAIK never got physical during management meetings. He's just as unprofessional, but never physically abusive. People were probably glad to put up with Russo's weasel act just so they wouldn't have to stand to internal security just to write a loving TV show.

lol how did no one just beat that fat nerd's rear end?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

coconono posted:

its def on G-Raver’s bucket list. But i’m pretty sure Cornette would get the cops involved if you wreck him. Its real hard to get sympathy from a badge after you slept an old man.

It also seemed like Cornette was able to warm up to the real psychos from the stories I've heard him tell.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I get wanting the moves to have more oomph but Riho is good at everything else too. So that's just nit picking.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Legit excited to see the most horrible person that has worked in WWE and probably will not be shocked that it isn't Vince

I feel like Buck Zumhofe is gonna place pretty high if he's in the tournament.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Low Desert Punk posted:

it flew under the radar because of all the other poo poo he's said, but it's always good to remind people that he accused Kenny Omega of grooming a child and giving her the title because he's been loving her the whole time

i really loving hate this piece of poo poo

If you consider how much sicko poo poo Cornette was likely complicit in around locker rooms in 80s it makes sense why he would assume that, just outside of being a hateful dickwad trying to damage someone's reputation.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Alaois posted:

its important to remember that right before he inexplicably started calling Justin Roberts a pedophile, he was fondly reminiscing about Grizzly Smith.

Grizzly Smith is Jake The Snake's dad, right? I know he's a real piece of work but not all the details.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Alaois posted:

well for one thing, Jake the Snake was conceived when Grizzly Smith raped his own step-daughter

Good lord almighty.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

i really dont like the southern flavor in announcing but cant this fucker have said something like this dude is tough as nails he can cover himself in bbq sauce and fight lions or something .

gordon solie was like this?

"This guy's so tough he can do the thing from the beginning of Die Hard 3... you know the one I mean."

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

congrats on being the most racist wrestling promotion, i guess. taking one away from vince.

I hadn't considered this, but just like a couple regional MMA promotions there's gotta be some white supremacist pro wrestling shows out there right? Like trying to be cute about it but leaving it in the open.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Fire Cornette and hire Scott Steiner. I've at least seen him calling racists garbage people on Twitter.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I've heard people were scared of him but the only actual fight I'm aware of is DDP throwing a fit about a promo.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jim's line on power is popping up more than I'm used to in wrestling circles. They might actually have to do something.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It rules watching old pieces of poo poo like Jim get shoved further and further into being irrelevant.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

But he basically repeatedly says "I won't apologize because you made too big a deal of it so gently caress you." Its such a petulant, pathetic, think skinned position to speak out loud but it seems perfectly Cornette.

Wow. "I totally would have apologized if you'd done everything the way I wanted. Mhm, I totally would have..."

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

I just wanna add that the way Cornette talks about Omega is super homophobic-coded with a lot of “not a REAL man” dogwhistle poo poo

You know when I think masculinity my mind jumps right to Jim Cornette.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

oh but seriously I posted:

i do not defend jim cornette's racist bullshit :ohdear:

This might sound silly, but just because you're Caucasian doesn't mean you're white. Whiteness is some bullshit invented by racists to unite against people of color. "Whites" would turn on the Irish Americans, Italians, and slavs the second they're able.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

You're almost there, Jim. Just go ahead and call him what you want to call him.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I wish Jim Cornette would slip on a big oily poo poo and fall in it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The Jim Cornette Experience - he'll start calling me gay or senile or whatever

I'm not even gonna lie, that part of the quote has been cracking me up all day. Jim Cornette is a mid-2000s GBS poster.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/LocalSoundwave/status/1227689357987008512?s=19

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ah yes. drat the PC culture and hating human trafficking.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

That's the most dumb poo poo I've heard in weeks.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Jim Cornette really deserves to have his rear end very publicly kicked.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Cornette would be into it though because think of the HEEEEAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTT

poo poo I'll be into it too. He can think of the heat while he's having Wendy's through a straw.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Punch McLightning posted:

I went to a very conservative church growing up and we were taught that Jesus basically replaced the Old Testament’s laws. But also there’s like a zillion different views on what the Bible says, so remember that no one actually speaks for more than their sect.

I think maybe the best view I've encountered from someone very very religious is the literal definition of loving the people and hating the sin. I know for a fact his personal beliefs say being gay etc. is sinful but he doesn't treat anyone gay differently. I honestly wish more people were that way even if it's not perfect.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Punch McLightning posted:

God made homosexuals and transgendered people, hth.

Anyway uh, Jim Cornette is a bad person.

:hmmyes:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

The Gospel of Mark, the authentic Paul letters, the disputed Paul letters, the obviously fake Paul letters, Matthew and Luke and John each come from a different place in time and each have a different vision of Jesus and his mission. Some state all are equal in Christ, some demand the release of slaves, some are OK with slaves, some say women are inferior, some women equal, but all of the books of the New Testament agree on one thing: Jim Cornette is poopy.

The only Paul letters I know are "HHH"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Off topic and I truly do not mean to rub salt in this wound but this thing reads like the exact timeline of my own diagnosis and treatment for nuts cancer, except the part where this dude gets a bill for 12K and I only paid about $20 for a cab ride from the hospital after the procedure.

Vote Bernie, my friends.

Whoa hold up there, chief, that might require me to vote for a guy that wants to me respect brown people and that's against the first amendment or something. Hard pass.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

For fucks sake...

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The entire cult gets a turn.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Cavauro posted:

anyone want to talk about cornette loveing family guy

Yeah it's super lame

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

davidbix posted:

In this case it's because I don't even see the point of it.

I would guess that Corncob didn't have anything better to say but had to get the last word and picked some bullshit.

Also he's a racist rear end in a top hat, but we all knew that.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Thr gently caress is any of that supposed to mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gave em the ol crankerooskie, brother.