Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Don't look for internal consistency in Jim Cornette, he's a carny. His beliefs are whatever the person paying him believes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He absolutely does. Old school southern guys are all absolutely convinced they were working the crowds and that everyone believed it was 100% real.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

https://streamable.com/nxqmz

Has anyone posted this video of Jim Cornette asking the US military to slaughter civilian targets after 9/11

Cena looking like he wants to leave his own body.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I don't think it's that hard to find a fat yeehaw who sounds like his mouth is full of bees and has bad opinions about everything.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

By realism they mean "I want to believe it's real again" which is a genie you can't put back in the bottle.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Every wrestler is a novelty. Like, Kenny Omega when you get down to it is the video games v-trigger guy. Okada is the short pants rainmaker guy. Everyone in wrestling is some version of the I didn't do it kid.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He lives his entire life as a character. If there is a real Jim Cornette it's buried under 30 something years of the character Jim Cornette. He's obviously hosed in the head.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

shoplifter posted:

He made a joke about him looking like a pedo this week

Cornette is one of the least self-aware motherfuckers on this planet.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, if you don't want to read about Jim you can just not read the thread. Closing the thread will make him leak into the others.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hating Riho but being hugely positive about Britt seems like a good sign, along with piles of other evidence, that the only thing Cornette cares about is look. Riho didn't fit his dumb stereotypes about what a wrestler looks like but Britt does.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Every GCW show has an incredible anything could happen energy to it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nick Gage is a modern day folk hero.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

GCW's 4th of July backyard wrestling show is easily the show of the year. A dude accidently shot himself point blank in the face with a Roman candle. Twice. There were multiple trampoline spots. They had an above ground pool. Everyone worked as their backyard characters so Nick Gage came out as hardass Nick. An absolutely wasted Joey Janela got on commentary and talked about how awful Trump and America is.

gently caress, now I want to watch it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, considering her move set is a lot of stomping and rollups I think she also knows her strikes don't look impactful. A forearm at her size might not look good but a double foot stomp from the top rope always will.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My girlfriend overhearing me watch that: "what the gently caress that was real racist".

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

So in the past month Cornette has told Jim Smallman to kill himself, that Justin Roberts is a pedo, said Omega was a pedo, and said this insanely racist poo poo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's very Cornette to be so blinded by your own misanthropy to not see racism. What a piece of poo poo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Because his entire audience at this point is people who irrationally hate the same stuff. His podcasts entire audience is listening so that have someone who agrees with their dumb anger and rage. He's the fox news of wrestling. He's the TV you leave on for your dogs except for white guys who think the boys in the locker room are too soft these days.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mal-3 posted:

Wait, hang on a second. I have a question.

So by Cornette's account of things it sounds like Lagana had his back, right? I'm not inferring poo poo that isn't there? Lagana's all "oh this is all AEW marks out gunning for ya Jim" and poo poo, no sense that he wasn't at all behind Cornette at least 80%, yeah? So if he's unrepentant and his boss is basically standing behind him, why in the name of blue gently caress did he quit?

Because they did their fake apology and he was still told he had to cool it. Not out of compassion or anything, just greed. Cornette considers himself an artist so he quit instead of having to not be racist for money.

Edit: they also wanted him to put out a fake apology and he refused.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

I think I'm still holding out hope for some good historical stuff mixed in again?

You should stop because that "good historical stuff" will still be coming from a horrible racist who has shown over the last few months that he has a very loose grip on reality these days.

Also that's Jim being stuck in the past again. The Bucks look like the sort of guys who were considered a heart throb 40 or 50 years ago. Kinda. They're both pretty ugly.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 14, 2019

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Cornette only views women's wrestling as something to titillate and is pissy AEW isn't using the type of women he wants to see and can't wrap his head around the idea that anyone would feature women for any reasons that's not their looks.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If I turn off the hyperbole I can agree that Jim sees some value in women's wrestling but that it is primarily a sideshow. And in this specific case it is obvious his own taste is what defines conventionally attractive because all of the Japanese women in AEW are conventionally attractive. So if he thinks they're not marketable and he thinks that being attractive is a requirement it's based on his own taste. And if he thinks they need to be conventionally attractive I feel like it means titillation is always one of the selling points to him even if it isn't the only one. I'm also kind of just avoiding unpacking his insistence that they're being pushed because Kenny is a pedophile because holy poo poo that's really gross what's wrong with him. It's just such a rats nest of lovely biases.

Overall I think Cornette's opinions on women in wrestling is like any other idiot in media that primarily caters to men. He speaks like it is a fact that a women's title will never outdraw a men's title and that women will always have less interest in wrestling. But that current reality is only because the American wrestling industry is primarily built for men. There is nothing inherently gendered about wrestling. It's just catered to men for so long that it's become "fact" that only men will always be the main audience. The same thing happened in comics and video games. It's also ignorant of history considering the mainstream success has had in Japan in the past.

He's just so incredibly ignorant.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The worst thing he could to is acknowledge it. Cornette is legit not worth his time.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

I can't keep track. I thought all the kidfuckers were republicans. Now you're telling me libertarians are kidfuckers too?

Libertarians believe in 2 genders and 18 different pedophiles.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I really can't tell you how lucky you are that you've never had a libertarian tell you how tricky consent is.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't think they put people on the cross for having bad taste but if you want to climb up onto it be my guest.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I know J-Ru is going to ban me for this but I'm just gonna say it

gently caress

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm going to take a guess and say he likes old rap but hates new rap.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Benne posted:

Nailed it

Yeah, I just think what would every racist Cornette's age say and bam, I've got his opinion.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, this feels like the meltdown where it's stopped being funny in any possible way. He's just a hateful old man who's upset that the world has moved on without him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's an old man upset that the world he thought depended on him has moved on without him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, there are a bunch of reasons to legitimately not like the Bucks or Kenny and not being able to make honest complaints just shows how disingenuous they are. The Bucks really do only wrestle one match. Kenny is a huge drama queen and has some strong "looks at his dangerous hands" energy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I read it more as another call out at what a hypocrite Jim is. Dude swings or whatever while also constantly insulting people for their sexuality or preferences. But yeah, it was also definitely meant to emasculate some and I can see where it comes off as slut shamey.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Duke Pukem posted:

How so? Outlaw mud show refers to stuff like backyard wrestling. He is just saying the video is great. I dont agree with most of what cornette says, but he is right in saying that song is the poo poo.

Helped you out.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Didn't he screw then in ROH somehow?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

GameStop is getting hosed by both their investors and regulatory bodies. It’s a miracle their doors are as open as they are now.

It's whatever the exact opposite of a miracle is. A nightmare?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jim Cornette wants Final Fantasy games to go back to featuring real men instead of these effeminate pretty boys playing warrior of light.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

but what isn't a mystery is how much jim cornette hates women and minorities

So you're saying he didn't like Evolution?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cornette: "The US Military has a history of minimizing civilian casulties"

It's always the con men who are easiest to con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Sometimes I wonder how much of his hatred is just performative: people pay to listen to him be angry about things so he's angry about things for money. But then you see things like the Penelope comment, and you can't say things like that if you don't at a fundamental level hate women.

He's a carnie. He plays himself but turned up to 11