Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
would baseball please just start already i'm getting antsy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Baseball has already ended.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Pitchers and catchers report today, so at least there is that.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
idk if anyone posted this but the dodgers DFA'd White and Garlick get their 40-man in shape.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Popete posted:

Pitchers and catchers report today, so at least there is that.

tomorrow

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Depends

https://www.springtrainingonline.com/reporting-dates/

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was going off of this list

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/mlb-spring-training-reporting-dates-2020-pitchers-catchers/1ae9szkq7eby41wtmgcckq7hen

and it's the one I'm saying is more accurate because then I don't have to make a new thread until tomorrow

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Poque posted:

I think they already do this. It just can't be every series since all the divisions have odd numbers of teams. Cubs only had six non-division games in September 2019. Pirates had more but four of their last five series were divisional.

And we poo poo the bed in September by losing 9 in a row. lol

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I hope the Red Sox end up at the bottom of their distribution. If I didn't already have tickets to Pedro Martinez Funko Pop night I wouldn't go to a single game.

The Mets are going to stay healthy and kick rear end and win the World Series, and that'll take some sting out of losing Syndergaard in free agency.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

I was going off of this list

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/mlb-spring-training-reporting-dates-2020-pitchers-catchers/1ae9szkq7eby41wtmgcckq7hen

and it's the one I'm saying is more accurate because then I don't have to make a new thread until tomorrow

:shrug:

Yeah I'm seeing different dates from different sites too. Oh well I don't think it really matters much until the games start.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Some Cardinals pitchers have already reported so I’ve been anxiously watching 10-second videos of grown men playing catch.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/dohyoungpark/status/1227296686025908229

Pretty sure this is the first player to actually come out and legitimately apologize?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

I hope the Red Sox end up at the bottom of their distribution. If I didn't already have tickets to Pedro Martinez Funko Pop night I wouldn't go to a single game.

The Mets are going to stay healthy and kick rear end and win the World Series, and that'll take some sting out of losing Syndergaard in free agency.

A 0.400 record and half-empty Fenway would be a nice response to lovely ownership.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I love looking at the players 2017 stats anytime they say something about it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Actually the new playoff proposal is good

https://mobile.twitter.com/StoneLarry/status/1226992257644937216

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Popete posted:

ya but REMORSEFUL

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Popete posted:

League average hitter his whole career except for the year they cheated and he is magically one of the best in baseball. The guy got a $21m deal out of it so I'm guessing there are no regrets.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
IDK what is more stupid... This new playoff plan or the 3 batter minimum rule.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dinosaurs! posted:

IIRC teams are allowed to negotiate their own streaming rights starting 2021. Not that that won’t result in ridiculous gouging for Cubs fans to make their network look like the reasonable choice. But ostensibly it solves mlb.tv blackouts.

Turns out Peter Angelos loving over the Nats might pay off since they won’t be competing against their own TV channel!

It is nice that they realize people under 35 may enjoy their sport.

But doesn't this still mean there are blackout restrictions on MLB.tv? So if I'm in Chicago, I have to buy through the Cubs and can't just get the MLB package?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing a lot of teams due to existing deals with providers won't want to or contractually can't provide a standalone streaming option.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

CarGo got an invite to ST from the Mariners

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Former Cub great, Carlos Gonzalez

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Popete posted:

Former Cub great, Carlos Gonzalez

I was hoping he'd be able to reclaim some of the magic when we signed him.

There was no magic to be had. :smith:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Popete posted:

I know it's stating the obvious, but the jump in OPS and drop in strikeouts is just obscene

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ron Roenicke is the new Red Sox manager ... except he has "interim" in his title.

Boston, what are you doing?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Popete posted:

Now do it for literally anyone else on the roster. Reddick and Marisnick had a huge bump but pretty much everyone else is maybe just a little better (which, when your teammates are better can elevate you) or the same or worse. It was Bregman and Yuli's first seasons but they had even better years this year. Correa had his best year but he's still just good overall and his whole story year-to-year is weird and inconsistent anyway. Altuve was already amazing, Springer did even better this year, etc.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

No Safe Word posted:

Now do it for literally anyone else on the roster. Reddick and Marisnick had a huge bump but pretty much everyone else is maybe just a little better (which, when your teammates are better can elevate you) or the same or worse. It was Bregman and Yuli's first seasons but they had even better years this year. Correa had his best year but he's still just good overall and his whole story year-to-year is weird and inconsistent anyway. Altuve was already amazing, Springer did even better this year, etc.

Hmmmm so what you're saying is the Astros got even better at cheating in 2018/2019?

buzz buzz

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Cubs cheating peaked at 2016.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

Lol you will never stop, it's pretty hilarious.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Timby posted:

Ron Roenicke is the new Red Sox manager ... except he has "interim" in his title.

Covering their asses in case the mlb investigation turns up something unexpected about Roenicke's involvement in the sign stealing.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Timby posted:

waiting for Pedroia to retire baby

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/tykelly11/status/1227317157102596097?s=20

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ty Kelly is a very pro follow over on yon Twitter.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1227341241114906624

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Niwrad posted:

League average hitter his whole career except for the year they cheated and he is magically one of the best in baseball. The guy got a $21m deal out of it so I'm guessing there are no regrets.

Eh the Twins grabbed him late last off-season because his market wasn't all that great. He got paid as the league average hitter, with maybe some small hope he could repeat 2017. Now that's pretty unlikely and nobody is mad about the contract. Twins FO values setting a floor; whenever someone goes down Marwin slots right in. Last year Sano was out before the start of the season, so he was never really even the 10th man.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Beltrán lifetime ban when?

https://twitter.com/jacob_resnick/status/1227340422965612545?s=21

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Between Kipnis, Descalso, Nico, and Bote, the Cubs almost have a single league average 2B!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

please won't somebody think of the poor impressionable insanely talented rookies

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Beltran had more power over Hinch, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sydin posted:

Between Kipnis, Descalso, Nico, and Bote, the Cubs almost have a single league average 2B!

How many do we need to form a 2B Voltran?