Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just loving mow them.

If you blow them (gently caress you) and bag them you just make a fuckwad of noise and send them to a loving landfill. If you live in one those stupid composting cities, they still have to pick the fuckers up and drive thousands of tons of leaves to a composting station.

Get this though: they loving decompose. They decompose and turn into little bits of delicious food for grass or whatever the gently caress you have growing in your stupid home and you don't have to go waking me up at 6 in the morning with your obnoxious mouse sized jet engine searing a hole through my brain. Like, just throw your stupid plastic toy away, wait until like 4pm, and mow the fuckers. Or don't, I don't care. Just stop blowing them and bagging them.

Also don't drive your kids door to door for Halloween. I promise they won't get run over or murdered.

Burt edit: if you post how awesome your au naturael your yard is with out grass, and or leaves everywhere, you must post pics with username included.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
How about a rake?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I like to rake them into a pile and burn 'em. it's really fun.

Mulberry leaves do pile up.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dolphin posted:

Just loving mow them.

If you blow them (gently caress you) and bag them you just make a fuckwad of noise and send them to a loving landfill. If you live in one those stupid composting cities, they still have to pick the fuckers up and drive thousands of tons of leaves to a composting station.

Get this though: they loving decompose. They decompose and turn into little bits of delicious food for grass or whatever the gently caress you have growing in your stupid home and you don't have to go waking me up at 6 in the morning with your obnoxious mouse sized jet engine searing a hole through my brain. Like, just throw your stupid plastic toy away, wait until like 4pm, and mow the fuckers. Or don't, I don't care. Just stop blowing them and bagging them.

Also don't drive your kids door to door for Halloween. I promise they won't get run over or murdered.

I've talked about this before, but my neighbor and I both have ABOUT 3 acres. He's out there every loving day mowing and bagging and blowing leaves off every square inch.
Three loving acres that dude keeps IMMACULATE. loving golf courses don't do that. Think about the effort it would take to keep leaves off three goddamn acres of grass in fall in Wisconsin. And it's not like he doesn't have trees on the land, he has decorative maples and some old growth ....things out there pumpin' out leaves. It's not just grass.
poo poo I make a double-pass over them with the john deere and consider that a win.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 31, 2019

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
If you mow the leaves then you can't walk through them like a big kid. Consider that

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Just sitting out on my lawn eating leaves like potato chips

“Hey Larry boy it sure is a brisk one today!”

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
just dump them in a woodsy area

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I pay a guy to do fall cleanup. I come home from work and it's just all gone.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I plowed your goddamn mom op :heysexy:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bradzilla posted:

I pay a guy to do fall cleanup. I come home from work and it's just all gone.
do you also pay a guy to do all your sex for you

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
one way or another you want to collect as many leaves as you can and put them in a big pile somewhere and leave them for three years

it's literally the best compost around and it's totally free

don't "leaf" it on the table!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I live in Texas where fall isn't a season

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I just let them pile up and eventually the wind blows them into my neighbors yard

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Dregs posted:

When I was a kid in the middle of nowhere my parents would do that, though my brother, dog, and I would usually also spend a fair amount of time jumping in the piles first. Burning leaves is one of those really nostalgic smells for me.

Now I live in a neighborhood that frowns on lighting stuff on fire in your yard, it sucks.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Look at all these non-pine tree having motherfuckers.

Now if you'll excuse me I have 400 pine cones to crush with my mower.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
It loving kills me watching some old dude spend all day raking leaves, bagging them up, dragging the bags to the curb to be picked up, and then spread fertilizer over the yard. It's obscene.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
If you dont mow your leaves along with any trash that winds up in your yard just get the gently caress off my block idiot. you loving clown.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Pickwick High posted:

How about a rake?

Raking owns as a back exercise, it’s like rowing.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
look at my idiot neighbor decorating for christmas by hand instead of just mowing over a few empty dorito bags to make tinsel in his yard.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

The Dregs posted:

hell yeah bitch late fall/early spring bonfires in the woods were a staple of childhood. sometimes the local fire crew would come by for a cup of coffee just to watch, everything was licensed and permitted but they'd just pop by because my grandparents were real townies

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
A handy tip for composting is that you need both "green" and "brown" mixed to compost well. Shred a leprechaun and it mix into your leaf pile for best results!

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

I can appreciate your point OP, but a) my city started bulk (loose) leaf curb collection again this year and b) my friend gave me a free leaf blower. I tried just mowing my leaves last year, but I had a shitload of them and a neighbor basically shamed me into raking them since too much mulch will just waterlog the grass.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

my trees are diseased and if i leave the fungus-infused leaf litter on the ground the infection will spread, OP, what you are suggesting is pretty irresponsible and maybe you should be a more functional and productive adult so other people doing chores in the morning doesn't send you into a frothing rage you have to post about online

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.

Traxis posted:

I just let them pile up and eventually the wind blows them into my neighbors yard

You might be my neighbor. This irritates me.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

SnotGrumble posted:

You might be my neighbor. This irritates me.

Why bother raking when the tree still has 75% of it's leaves? I'll wait until they've all fallen off.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Traxis posted:

Why bother raking when the tree still has 75% of it's leaves? I'll wait until they've all fallen off.

rake the tree, dingus

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Just let the leaves lay where they are, dinguses. Who gives a poo poo if there are ~*~leaves~*~ around.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

food court bailiff posted:

my trees are diseased and if i leave the fungus-infused leaf litter on the ground the infection will spread, OP, what you are suggesting is pretty irresponsible and maybe you should be a more functional and productive adult so other people doing chores in the morning doesn't send you into a frothing rage you have to post about online
seems like you should chop down your idiot std riddled trees

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Spirit Otter posted:

Just let the leaves lay where they are, dinguses. Who gives a poo poo if there are ~*~leaves~*~ around.
when i see leaves it throws me into such a fury the likes of which has not been witnessed for an age!!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

The Dregs posted:

Kids on Halloween? That's DARK.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Dolphin posted:

seems like you should chop down your idiot std riddled trees

no, they're quite nice old trees. and this may surprise your bitchmade rear end, but felling a tree is a hell of a lot louder than the leaf blowers you were impotently whining about anyway

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Tbh it looks like it’s going to be rainy and horrible here so we may have no choice but to drive the kids around tonight :(

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I can't rake or mow. It simply won't stop raining.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Palm trees are evergreens OP. :shrug:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

My Spirit Otter posted:

exactly. there's a loving reason they're called "leaves"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I wish all these leaves would make like a tree, and get outta here of my yard

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just have evergreen trees brah

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Dolphin posted:

Just loving mow them.

yeah pretty much

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Giant_Pupils posted:

Tbh it looks like it’s going to be rainy and horrible here so we may have no choice but to drive the kids around tonight :(

:hmbol:

u always have a choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol if your city doesn't have a green waste bin who cares about driving things somewhere