Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just loving mow them.

If you blow them (gently caress you) and bag them you just make a fuckwad of noise and send them to a loving landfill. If you live in one those stupid composting cities, they still have to pick the fuckers up and drive thousands of tons of leaves to a composting station.

Get this though: they loving decompose. They decompose and turn into little bits of delicious food for grass or whatever the gently caress you have growing in your stupid home and you don't have to go waking me up at 6 in the morning with your obnoxious mouse sized jet engine searing a hole through my brain. Like, just throw your stupid plastic toy away, wait until like 4pm, and mow the fuckers. Or don't, I don't care. Just stop blowing them and bagging them.

Also don't drive your kids door to door for Halloween. I promise they won't get run over or murdered.

Burt edit: if you post how awesome your au naturael your yard is with out grass, and or leaves everywhere, you must post pics with username included.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bradzilla posted:

I pay a guy to do fall cleanup. I come home from work and it's just all gone.
do you also pay a guy to do all your sex for you

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

food court bailiff posted:

my trees are diseased and if i leave the fungus-infused leaf litter on the ground the infection will spread, OP, what you are suggesting is pretty irresponsible and maybe you should be a more functional and productive adult so other people doing chores in the morning doesn't send you into a frothing rage you have to post about online
seems like you should chop down your idiot std riddled trees

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Spirit Otter posted:

Just let the leaves lay where they are, dinguses. Who gives a poo poo if there are ~*~leaves~*~ around.
when i see leaves it throws me into such a fury the likes of which has not been witnessed for an age!!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chinatown posted:

Palm trees are evergreens OP. :shrug:
aren't those completely filled with scorpions

maybe you can wait for the scorpions to fall out and then like, mow them

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no, they're quite nice old trees. and this may surprise your bitchmade rear end, but felling a tree is a hell of a lot louder than the leaf blowers you were impotently whining about anyway
how many times are you planning to fell your disgusting trees

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zero times, because i'm an adult with a leafblower and not a whiny lil pissbaby like you
why don't you shove your leafblower up your butthole and turn it on

you sound like a baby boomer are you a baby boomer

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"my trees have Chlamydia, better turn on this jet engine to blow all the leaves around while adults are trying to have a moment of quiet in the morning while they're getting ready for the day because I'm an inconsiderate moron who can't conceive of a world that doesn't revolve around my lazy rear end who can't be bothered to pick up a rake"

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no but you might easily make that mistake because i'm not terrified or annoyed by simple housework like you seem to be
says the man who is too out of shape to rake some loving leaves

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

In what universe is a lawnmower quieter than a leaf blower?
umm, all of them?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

Okay, I haven't done lawn care in a while so I must be remembering wrong. I just thought of them as being about the same volume because of the engines.
They almost always have brush motors in them so they emit this extremely shrill squeal that can be up to like 115dB. They sound like banshees or sirens or whichever mythical creature is loudest.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Spirit Otter posted:

good, grass lawns aren't natural and use up a lot of clean water for no purpose other than vanity.
i just mow whatever grows. i think my lawn is a combination of wildflowers, clover, stinging nettle, and beetles but i wouldn't know. i'm told the local grass is a mix of rye grass and fescue so maybe there's some of that in there.

i also use a reel mower. i don't worry about the leaves at all. the lawn plants don't seem to mind because the leaves miraculously disappear every year. surprising really, the way people treat leaves you'd think the entire earth would be a barren wasteland without leaf collection

any yardwork that requires me to do anything for more than about an hour per week isn't worth it to me because i prefer to do literally anything else. not only are my decisions better for the environment, they're easier. it's almost like all these morons with their perfectly manicured kentucky bluegrass are intentionally going out of their way to gently caress the local environment.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

So, in six hours it’s light?
this is my lawn

there, i've shown you mine, lets see yours

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

That’s a remodel or some poo poo, and it’s got grass, and no username. Wtf

E don’t toy w Burt I swear
i took it earlier today i can't exactly do a username in the dark

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

Explain the grass that is oddly out of frame yet most of your not dug up stumps.
that's my neighbor's yard. and that's chunks of asphalt that i keep for nourishment

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's dark but i did my best to corroborate

i'm going to mow the leaves tomorrow to help the grass

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

Post your yard. Dumb rear end.

Gotcha. My neighbor has huge pine trees that drop yellow sperm over my kids cars and my yard/driveway every spring?
the grass is my neighbor, the square.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
some recommend making GBS threads directly on your lawn but i don't do it as often as recommend. just don't have time

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mozi posted:

that's a thing we talk about up here a bunch. why the hell do we have this stuff for pets but nothing for people. i read somewhere it might cause cancer after a decade or something which is pretty irrelevant for pets but who knows. as ticks continue to spread i imagine somebody will have something eventually. for the time being, tick checks, tick checks
for ticks i recommend opossums. they eat them even more than cats and they're very friendly

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Klyith posted:

do you live out in the woods somewhere like that picture looks like? if you're actually out in the country, get some guinea birds. my uncle has a pack of them on his farm and they keep the ticks down real good. plus they pretty much take care of themselves, they're like barely domesticated and still know how to avoid a fox or whatever.
the best part is they aren't invasive because in the winter they simply freeze to death

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mow money mow problems

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Empty Sandwich posted:

ok, but it didn't help

besides, if I rake the backyard, it's just patchy bare ground.

this washing machine, though :swoon:

drat that sure is one fine warsher, let me tell you what.

i bet you could clean the whole goddamn world with that warsher

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wash your loving leaves!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

:same:

Sucking it rn
yeah thanks a lot, now i can't even see the view because of the username you demanded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if i had my way, the whole godamned world would be Kentucky bluegrass