Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dolphin posted:

Just loving mow them.

If you blow them (gently caress you) and bag them you just make a fuckwad of noise and send them to a loving landfill. If you live in one those stupid composting cities, they still have to pick the fuckers up and drive thousands of tons of leaves to a composting station.

Get this though: they loving decompose. They decompose and turn into little bits of delicious food for grass or whatever the gently caress you have growing in your stupid home and you don't have to go waking me up at 6 in the morning with your obnoxious mouse sized jet engine searing a hole through my brain. Like, just throw your stupid plastic toy away, wait until like 4pm, and mow the fuckers. Or don't, I don't care. Just stop blowing them and bagging them.

Also don't drive your kids door to door for Halloween. I promise they won't get run over or murdered.

I've talked about this before, but my neighbor and I both have ABOUT 3 acres. He's out there every loving day mowing and bagging and blowing leaves off every square inch.
Three loving acres that dude keeps IMMACULATE. loving golf courses don't do that. Think about the effort it would take to keep leaves off three goddamn acres of grass in fall in Wisconsin. And it's not like he doesn't have trees on the land, he has decorative maples and some old growth ....things out there pumpin' out leaves. It's not just grass.
poo poo I make a double-pass over them with the john deere and consider that a win.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

i rake and bag up leaves in watertight bags and then piss in em and seal em up. I have about ten bags on the go at once and after about a week of fermenting in my own piss I add it to my big compost pile.

Whoa
Whoa
Whoa
That's wasteful.
Send those piss bags over my way.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

here is a list of stuff that is ok to piss on in the garden. if it isn't on this list I wouldn't recommend it.

fruit trees
roses
any kind of compost pile
snails
your dog

You left "big rear end bags" off the list of things to piss in and I'm starting to get concerned that your offer of piss leaf bags might not be sincere

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I SAID IN THE BAGS
IN THEM
JESUS CHRIST

E: look I think we both need to calm down here and focus on what's important and that's you pissing inside leaf bags and getting them to me asap

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Well now, maybe you should uh... Sit out on the porch and think about that for a bit.
Maybe while reading the owners manual of that slick new washer

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

E: goddamn the site is hosed up today

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 2, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Now,

Call me a traditionalist, I might suppose, but I ain't seen a washer that don't have a decent center spindle. Now. I'm sure that's a fine washer, and from the looks of it, it sure does look the part. But now I'm used to seeing a washer with a spindle.
A VERTICAL washer. Not one of them sideways gigs where you stack em up like a goddamn European.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I am basing this solely on my impression of just straight up eating citrus on the reg but I feel like yellow grapefruit are the sort of closest thing we have to whatever the original common ancestor of all citrus is. It feels like an insane primal flavour that has been unmeddled with by human interaction, repulsive yet tantalising

I think that'd be a pomelo.
I also think that's what the guy is growing instead of lemons or grapefruit.

That said, for sweetness on a grapefruit, halve it, dust with sugar, and then pop it under a broiler. It caramelizes the sugar on top of the fruit and it owns.

Ok well that's my citrus advice for the day.

e: - Pomelo tree

He also said "lots of seeds"...well, that's also Pomelos. (note they may not be pink inside like this, but the seeds on not-so-cultivated ones would probably look like this:

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 4, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nah I sneak over in the night and genetically test your fruits.
It's pomelos all the way down

e: well I PERSONALLY don't test them I sent one in to 23andme and another one into that company that you mail your poop back to in a box and they test for butt cancer. They're fairly sure. Pomelos. Also the pomelo's have 1.3% ashkenazi genetic background and are cancer free, so congrats

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pomelos.