Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Burt Sexual posted:

I mowed last Sunday for the last time this year and used a pattern to get the leaves into a nice rakeable row for my son to load into the wagon for the burn pile. It then snowed the next day 4” after he delayed doing it. Now I’ll have a dead moldy row in the spring!

One man's dead moldy row is another man's perfect spot for a raised garden bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Coolguye posted:

there are extremely powerful insect repellants for humans and if you are hiking anywhere ticks might remotely be a concern without at least coating your pants, shoes, and hat with them you kind of deserve what you get because even with those you'll probably still end up with a nontrivial number of ticks on you for any kind of long hike.

ALWAYS take a shower right after a hike and ALWAYS have a partner check you for ticks in addition to checking yourself. i do not loving care how shy you are about your body, skipping out on that is like not wearing a condom for a one night stand. you just don't do it.

When I am hiking somewhere where ticks or mosquitos are a concern I coat my clothes in Permethrin. It's a potent insect neurotoxin derived from the chrysanthemum flower, and mosquitos and ticks will die slowly when they contact it. Don't use it on all of your clothes though because it's very harmful to fish and if everyone used it on everything there would be no fish in any of the streams that receive wastewater runoff.

I don't have a yard but my fiance does. It doesn't really get leaves in it because the area is entirely denuded of trees. I'm trying to convince her to plant a huge shade tree like a Banyan in the middle of it because if it gets big enough we can pitch tents and have parties underneath it. She's concerned about things like "sewer lines" and "water mains" which I don't understand. As an apartment dweller such petty concerns are beneath me.