Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I can't believe it's an LP about clowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Mu but in discord posted:

Galgarr Armourmaster Soldierking: I have perfected my Ultrono-Armour, and unlocked the powers of the Barrier Gems, becoming invulnerable to the three forms of physical attack. Neither blunt weapons, nor slashing weapons, nor piercing weapons wi--

(a big clown slaps galgarr with a rubber hose)

Galgarr Armourmaster Soldierking: what the gently caress. what teh gently caress was that. who the gently caress did that.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Unicyclist lore is incredible.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

"Hitting enemy thugs with surprise frozen heart spam works the first time every time since nobody bothers to put cold resistance on their thugs."

Frost Brands, the go-to weapon for thugging, have cold res +5. Also Golems, a premier thug, can't be affected by frozen heart because they are inanimate and thus no heart to freeze.

(This will only blunt frozen heart, admittedly)

Ramc
May 4, 2008

What is with this province names on this map though

Ramc
May 4, 2008

gonadic io posted:

Does this answer your question?

am i famous enough to have a province

Ramc
May 4, 2008

gonadic io posted:

Sorry, no. Here's all the names: https://pastebin.com/yY7YxNhU

There is "Lilli Heights", "Jb's Jaunt", and "Baalz' Haunt" though.

:negative:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

BaronOhShi posted:

I can't honk the poo poo out of you without getting closer.

oh my god

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Imagine taking poison weapons on purpose.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

U is lit holy poo poo please show us the summonable commanders later woww

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bloodly posted:

Because it doesn't have enough of a mind to go insane?

It's usually this. Shrimp people have the same sort of "simple minds... simple dreams" resistance to the void.

Is void sanity used for anything outside of resisting LA Rlyeh insane dom though?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

5 ammo on the AoE 5 save or die and be raised check hoo boy ok

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Xarn posted:

I mean what's even the point of making a mod nation if it is not crazy? :v:

Crazy is fine, stupidly overpowered is less fine. I mean I haven't seen this shade nation in action really though so who knows.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

All of your units have death recruitment and your dominion spreads death scales anyway so it's basically just a free 120 design points. I guess the idea is if you take a fort from someone you can't immediately start popping out discounted units if your dom hasn't caught up, though invading outside of your cold dom is usually a bad idea

MA Ermor got a change where Death 3 is the preferred scale so it isn't just free points so i am sure the mod author took this as a good precedent and

Ramc
May 4, 2008

the dril tweet but replace candles with enormous clowns

Ramc
May 4, 2008

this LP has inspired me to mod I'm doing it this is your fault gonadic

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I am having issues with getting good screenshots but I made a mod about bees

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842007&pagenumber=46&perpage=40#post500286822

maybe some other tester can come through here though. It's bees my friends the dreams of bees,

Ramc fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Nov 25, 2019

Ramc
May 4, 2008

eke out posted:

did a bee write this

Ramc
May 4, 2008

The mod is inspired by the short story Princess Lotus by the author Pu Songling. It's a pretty sweet 7 page story about bees and dreams.

This mod also has a few guest stars from other classic Chinese literature-

For instance if you like Dream of Red Mansions then have we got a PG chassis for you:

the goddess of shipping

Or maybe you have gotten lategame conjuration and have also read the Water Margin:

all bees are brothers

Sometimes though, you just think an Empress on a palanquin carried by bees would be a funny idea and then Tollymain makes the best sprite imaginable for it:

It's about bees pretending to be people and cosplaying T'ien C'hi (T'ien B'ee)

Ramc fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 25, 2019

Ramc
May 4, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

Well I know who I'm gonna play in all mod games from now on.

Oroochi is going to test drive them in Mods4 now in signups it sounds like and we'll see how they play versus humans.

The main 'gimmick' of the nation is these guys-

Mediocre but sacred infantry that freespawn beespawn at forted temples in your candles at a current rate of 2d3units/month. The magic spear is like the Theodoros one insofar as the enemy makes a mrn check to take half damage. Their max hp decays from homesick at 10%/turn away from their home fort but they do revive every spring, barring soul slays or you losing the home fort of course. How obnoxious they get is probably proportional to the bless they have.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Tulip posted:

I'm almost mad that I hate playing dominions because this is like an arrow straight to my heart

Wang Xifeng is a national hero.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Tulip posted:

And you're mine.

the gold cost stuff is just because i had to get a little hacky to get her to show up for a screenshot rather than wait for the 6% chance per turn for the right hero also same with her base stats apparently

(I had to fix a few 'bugs' and updated the cassia downloadable in the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/150rz8w1xdjtb68/c...a_v1.0.zip?dl=0)

Ramc fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 2, 2019

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Speleothing posted:

I recall homesickness interacting oddly with Regen and HP blesses. If they keep getting in fights and keep getting blessed, you might be able to push them a lot father than you'd think.

Regen doesn't, iirc, help with homesickness. Ethereal would be waaaaay too much though.

edit- basically if anything seems overpowered it was because I was balancing it in my head against an era where EA Pan and Helheim exist.

Ramc fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 25, 2019

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Broken Box posted:

Next is T'ien S'ea, as underwater Chinese empires correspond in many ways to Chinese empires on land.

I really want an expanded version of Jomon's UW stuff turned into a real nation.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

:slams double post in a frenzy:

romance of the bee kingdoms

Ramc
May 4, 2008

BaronOhShi posted:

According to all known laws of dominions, there is no way a bee should be able to hold a spear. Its claws are too small to lift the haft off the ground. The bee, of course, stabs you anyway, because bees don't care what pretender gods think is impossible.

simply assume a human guise my dude

Ramc
May 4, 2008

my dad posted:

Weird poo poo sometimes happens if you combine it with a bless that increases max hp. Though that might have been patched out for all I know.

I did some testing again to make sure but yes. Homesick units get the regen status but regenerate no hp. You don't regain hp normally either. You basically can't heal naturally outside of your home province.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

my dad posted:

That's good to know. Sorry for repeating inaccurate info.

It's fine noone knows how anything works. Here is the scout of the bees in consolation:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Tulip posted:

While Thirteenth Clowns are encouraged to play unlucky or unfortunate characters, they must always be funny, and must not allow themslves to become tragic characters, as tragic clowning has been forbidden.

the problem seems to have solved itself before it got out of hand in this case.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

FilthIncarnate posted:

what's a single bee going to do with 25 pounds of gold

it says right in the description that it is paid to the familial hives and ancestor shrines

just pay the bee!!!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Grumio posted:

I want to Bee-lieve

[RNG picture here]

Ramc
May 4, 2008

PurpleXVI posted:

If I remember right the bee scouts are at 120 or 130.

Bee scouts have the base stealth of a scout plus the amount of stealth you get for wearing the eye of innocence for there is nothing more innocent than a bumblebee.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what about two bumblebees

If you add too many bees things get out of hand-

Ramc
May 4, 2008

gonadic io posted:

Reminder that this is what he would have eventually turned into:

I think you are deffo on the right track to the greatest joke of all here.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Tulip posted:

All heroes should aspire to be Lucky Diana.

It was such a good maneuver by the mod writer to have the Clowns have like, actual historical change happening in general and even better that it was specifically "no tragic clowning."

It's real good.

So what kind of fort PD does Karnaac have anyway. I feel like U should at least be better off because they probably do blunt damage here. I guess we find out later.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

gonadic io posted:

Dark clowns are soon, a tragic clown is a later hero, and much later on we'll be able to summon a clown so old he still remembers evil clowning.

They're Contortionists and I'll show them next turn. In general though I don't really want to overload one update with 10 descriptions of all the non-clowns troops so I'll probably do them piecemeal on slower turns.

There's definitely a build of kirkostaculis that focuses a lot more on getting scales and unicyclists/stiltwalkers/strongmen than I have, leaving the clowns to be more of a targeted strike force (e.g. with magic weapon bless only).

I'm also going to do an update on the clown pretenders that I did not take as it'd be a shame to miss out on those too.

edit: fixed up my clown lore

Let's Play! › Modded Dominions 5: edit: fixed up my clown lore

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Ramc posted:

(I had to fix a few 'bugs' and updated the cassia downloadable in the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/150rz8w1xdjtb68/c...a_v1.0.zip?dl=0)

I did it again and updated the download in the link.

Due to me trying to be cute with formatting a lot of wizard bees had a lot of 10s in stats, including, uh, encumbrance. Good news it is ok now

Ramc
May 4, 2008

NewMars posted:

I've played this but I don't remember that summon. Where is it?

Bad Joke, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

gonadic io posted:

It's worth noting that U lost both of their Gavagai Chieftans, i.e. the guys that turn into a mason at 70 XP and they've been carefully feeding. I believe one of them actually hit 70 XP mid-battle before dying. They are a really long way off getting more than 1 commander point now!

Some of these Aethernomad mods seem to have a sort of fragile transitions into higher gear