Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
some people want a candidate that is going to try and bring about systemic change.

some people are okay with whatever candidate that will make them feel better about child concentration camps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I've been in America for near 40 years now, and the best case scenario hasn't happened yet. Sometimes something better than the median happens, but the equilibrium changes very slowly.

It takes a generation. Reading history, really reading it, shows that everything takes time. Even once it hits a precipice, there is still more to be done to get it there and keep it. The chances of taking all three Chambers are drat slim and any policy outside of regular order getting a fail shake in the supreme Court are even slimmer.

There's a lot of proposals, but those are all goals, not things that are going to happen in anything remotely like the proposed form. Grandiose plans are derailed by the world easily.

In a world where Donald Trump was elected president, I'm not counting on things.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 1, 2019

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Like, I'm not arguing for optimism. I'm pretty sure we're all hosed in the moderately near future. I just don't get slapfighting about exactly how many bites of a poo poo sandwich each of us might be willing to eat before we're at the point where we actually have to eat the poo poo sandwich. There'll be plenty of time for that in the general.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Welcome to the forums

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Sanders campaign isn't just about putting Bernie in the white house, it's about energizing a long dormant and dispirited left and teaching us how to organize and build that structure, individual to individual, in a way that will outlast this campaign and function as a motivated and capable force long after 2020.

The extent of my involvement with Obama was showing up on primary day, showing up for the general, and maybe $15 of donations along the way, and that felt like I was doing more than I ever had before.

Same for Bernie in 2016.

This year I am pouring in every dollar and hour I can possibly spare. A month ago one paid staffer was doing 100% of the canvassing in my area in podunk SC. Then I started coming and we were two. Monday we were three. Today we were seven. All of us, even the campaign staff, have never done this before. But we're doing it now, and learning, and we're not going to puff away into the wind on November 4'th.

There are going to be other candidates for other offices and we're going to be there to put them on the ballots instead of the same old shitbags who've been giving away the game for the last 30 years.

We are going to rebuild the democratic party as one that actually loving shows up and tries, goddammit.

This honestly is the first time I have felt hope for the future of the united states in a decade.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I thought it was existing

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Vasudus posted:

hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I thought it was existing

Only for mr meeseeks

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

unrelated, the Biden campaign is legit elder abuse at this point

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

Better not hope, or try. Doomed to defeat anyway.

As inspiring a message as AstroTurf Pete has to give.

I’m sure incrementalism will work this time.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/alexsalvinews/status/1200982031561216000?s=19

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:same:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1200950521386983426?s=21

:getin:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Coldwar timewarp posted:

Better not hope, or try. Doomed to defeat anyway.

As inspiring a message as AstroTurf Pete has to give.

I’m sure incrementalism will work this time.

:goonsay: away at the guy quoting 40k, lol

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Lmfao

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

How quickly will this degenerate into dick-waving about who the "real" veteran is?

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

How quickly will this degenerate into dick-waving about who the "real" veteran is?

About when that post was made.

Also lol at bullying someone who is already enough of a narcissist to run for president.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Dec 1, 2019

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
lmao Nate is about the last possible person to engage in “real vereran” posts unironically. Except when calling Kurt Schlichter a deployment dodging national guard racism-master O-6.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

lmao Nate is about the last possible person to engage in “real vereran” posts unironically. Except when calling Kurt Schlichter a deployment dodging national guard racism-master O-6.

So what's the bullying? They going to give him a wet willy? In a world where Swift boat veterans for truth and bone spurs both exist?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Be Best to Pete online

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
That dude don't give a gently caress. He's practically lab grown. I'm sure the high priced consultant handling his Twitter will insert the negative mentions into an excel column.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's no longer November

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
December thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905317&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This poo poo is still open, gonna put a red block in the Excel spreadsheet that documents GiP moderator readiness, McNally.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

McNally has better poo poo to do with his time

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Smiling Jack posted:

McNally has better poo poo to do with his time

I'm guessing you don't know McNally

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

bird cooch posted:

About when that post was made.

Also lol at bullying someone who is already enough of a narcissist to run for president.

Warren took the DNA test

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Jeb! will win the Democratic primary

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pete Butt is the kinda officer who would tell you to invest in a Health Savings Account for tax purposes (cuz health care is free) at the safety brief in formation.

Would always, will always make the jackoff motion when he speaks.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

I'm guessing you don't know McNally

He's jerking off to a musket auction right now.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Godholio posted:

Do you not?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Godholio posted:

thats what he does when he thinks of all the free t-shirt money hes going to get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

orange juche posted:

This poo poo is still open, gonna put a red block in the Excel spreadsheet that documents GiP moderator readiness, McNally.

Gotta keep them cells green