Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Bonzo posted:

I called this "Arby's Chicken". My ex would do this and I would drive to an Arby's and see how far she's let me get in the ordering process before she'd blurt out where she wanted eat.

This is brilliant. Unless she doesn't blink, and then you have to eat Arby's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The Bramble posted:

*sniffs thread*

Eugh. Either some more women need to be posting in here or someone should post the stories of disappointing boy husbands from the Reddit thread because it's getting pretty rank in here.

it's a complex scent, with hints of ballsweat, axe body spray, self-delusion and despair

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

I called this "Arby's Chicken". My ex would do this and I would drive to an Arby's and see how far she's let me get in the ordering process before she'd blurt out where she wanted eat.

Taco Bell is our "unable to make a decision" failure meal.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
-Lets go out to eat
How about place A
-Hmm no.
Place B?
-No
Ok, where do you want to eat?
-I don't know
No problem, let me know when you've decided and we can head out

Has anyone ever tried this??

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Live Free posted:

-Lets go out to eat
How about place A
-Hmm no.
Place B?
-No
-I don't know

Once they've finally "decided", every restaurant you originally talked about will be closed and you'll only have like one lovely option

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Live Free posted:

-Lets go out to eat
How about place A
-Hmm no.
Place B?
-No
-I don't know

Yes. I now refer to it as "The Great Famine of 2015".

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

The Bramble posted:

*sniffs thread*

Eugh. Either some more women need to be posting in here or someone should post the stories of disappointing boy husbands from the Reddit thread because it's getting pretty rank in here.

This is because when men feel trapped it’s because we aren’t getting laid and can’t gently caress off to play with model trains or some poo poo, when women feel trapped it’s because they are worried they will be murdered. It’s not as funny to write “oh whoops caught another shiner for spending too long at the grocery store, clumsy me, right?”

Edit: I’m not making light of domestic violence, I just think that in general, it’s harder for the ways in which women are abused and minimized to be made light of than it is for men, because men are so rarely in danger in relationships the way women are. Also some of the grossest posts in the thread highlight that the poster is in fact the butt of the joke for staying with their awful partners (like in AFH’s posts). It’s not coming across in all of them, but that’s what I’m getting from most of them, an “I’m trapped because I’m lazy and scared I’ll never find someone with boobs this big” kinda stuff.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 13, 2020

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Pretty sure not every woman in a lovely relationship is getting beaten up.

It's probably just all dudes in here because it's something they rarely get to vent about, whereas women are discussing this poo poo 24/7 with eeeveryone

Play
Apr 25, 2006

A good portion of these stories don't even need to be gendered, frustration and a sense of futility in long term relationships is a truly universal experience

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

*silence

Because you're in the basement and she's on our bed in our room, texting her mom*

this is art, not reality

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I have to work on Saturday. Yes, really. No, it's just me and the boss, have to do a tear-down on the machine. Yes, the boss who is a man. No, the 'hot blonde' won't be there. No, I- No. No, I was just quoting you, I don't think she's hot. No, I'm not loving anyone. No one at all. Yeah, I guess I might be a little aggravated about that. No, I didn't mean it like th- Where are you going? At least throw me out a pillow and blanket before you lock me out of the bedro- Great. Guess I'll just cover up with the towels out of the hamper while I sleep on the floor.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The Bramble posted:

*sniffs thread*

Lol. If you're going to bitch about it at least offer up a story instead of just complaining. Be the change you want to see.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wondering if you knocked him into a vat of bleach, it his rear end would still be dirty when they fished him out

Special Cray
Oct 12, 2015
I just got home from a long day of work and the kitchen sink is full of even more dishes than the one plate I put in from my breakfast. He's at home all day, why the gently caress can't he take the 10 seconds to rinse the drat things off and reuse them? Or put them in the dishwasher?! I'll just rearrange them anyways, but at least that's half the work done. Ugh, these probably aren't even all of his dishes and cups...

He left an empty chip bag out on the counter. Is he also blind?! Fine, fine. I'll toss it in th- what the gently caress?! The garbage is full too! I will drive these jam encrusted butter knives into his eyes so he at least has the excuse that he can't see when the trash needs to be taken out.

God, how many years have I put up with this bullshit?

Fine, I'll just tell him to get on top of this poo poo and remind him of all the other chores he's neglected. And believe him when he says he'll do it later. Then I'll just end up doing it for him when he forgets because he's too busy playing video games. It's like I'm his goddamn mother.

This is why we don't have sex anymore: I don't gently caress children.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I appreciate you eating like six bowls of chili tonight you fat poo poo. Love to look over and see my spouse shallowly breathing like an asthmatic who just ran 2 marathons because they’re so full of chili that they started sweating. Can’t wait for tomorrow when you remark like a loving dumbass that you ate a lot of chili last night with a proud look on your face like a dog that caught it’s own tail in between wondering why you can’t understand where this heartburn came from. Moron.

(Spouse rips a huge stinky fart and laughs in their sleep)

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

This is because when men feel trapped it’s because we aren’t getting laid and can’t gently caress off to play with model trains or some poo poo, when women feel trapped it’s because they are worried they will be murdered.

Paging Pick to this thread. Paging Pick to this thread.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jay_Zombie posted:

*married couple is getting ready to leave the house for a night out*
Husband: Hey, you about ready to go?
Wife: Yeah, I'll be ready in five minutes.
*5 minutes pass*
*15 minutes pass*
*husband takes off dress shirt so that it doesn't get covered in dog hair, sits down to wait for wife. No problem. It'll take like 20 seconds to put back on, and it won't be all wrinkled*
*30 minutes pass, now they're going to barely make it on time if there's no traffic*
*an hour passes, they're definitely going to be late*
*an undetermined amount of time passes*
*time has lost all meaning, husband wonders if he even gives a poo poo about going anymore*
*wife finally comes out*
Wife: What the gently caress? You're not even dressed yet!!?? You always make us late.
Dessicated Skeleton that used to be Husband: ...

My mom is like this. I kind of want to know what goes through these people's minds.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Bust Rodd posted:

This is because when men feel trapped it’s because we aren’t getting laid and can’t gently caress off to play with model trains or some poo poo, when women feel trapped it’s because they are worried they will be murdered.

William has left the toilet seat up again. I have begun to feel the Fear.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

oldpainless posted:

I appreciate you eating like six bowls of chili tonight you fat poo poo. Love to look over and see my spouse shallowly breathing like an asthmatic who just ran 2 marathons because they’re so full of chili that they started sweating. Can’t wait for tomorrow when you remark like a loving dumbass that you ate a lot of chili last night with a proud look on your face like a dog that caught it’s own tail in between wondering why you can’t understand where this heartburn came from. Moron.

Same but I’m just talking to myself.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

My mom is like this. I kind of want to know what goes through these people's minds.

I carpool with a co-worker like this. They can show up at my house an hour late to the point where we would never be on-time for work but unless I'm sitting in the car with the engine running I become the reason we are late.

Work starts at 8:30 and they don't even get to my house for our 45 minute commute until 8:30. I pull out of my driveway at 8:31 and they tell our boss they had to wait on me because it took me 30 seconds to lock my door and check my mail.

Wutang-Yutani
Nov 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Valentine's Day:

Wake up (regretfully)
Take son to library
Take son to park
Feed son in car since he's cracking the shits
Get home
Make lunch for wife
Make 2nd lunch for son
Clean house
Squeeze in two hours of work
Go to post office
Go to super market
Go to pub for single beer
Make dinner for wife and her friend
Make dinner for son
Make desert for wife and friend
Do dishes and clean kitchen
Bath son
Put son to bed (takes an hour+)

Spot where I went wrong.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Spot where I went wrong.

You forgot to tuck your wife and her friend into bed.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

I can’t believe how selfish you are going to the pub.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
There was a long running story(possibly fake) in the confessions thread about a guy who ends up sleeping with his much younger and attractive co worker and his numerous attempts to hide the affair from his wife. Then poo poo gets weird when his mistress ends up befriending his wife and basically spending all of her free time at his house. It was my drug for months. I wonder what happened to that dork.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
You write parody songs like these

NSFW lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaShH-FSnlI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tFpryuETvA

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I carpool with a co-worker like this. They can show up at my house an hour late to the point where we would never be on-time for work but unless I'm sitting in the car with the engine running I become the reason we are late.

Work starts at 8:30 and they don't even get to my house for our 45 minute commute until 8:30. I pull out of my driveway at 8:31 and they tell our boss they had to wait on me because it took me 30 seconds to lock my door and check my mail.

You're being abused and no jury would convict if you shot that motherfucker dead

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

Wow! A goon married Alex Jones!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Wutang-Yutani posted:

Spot where I went wrong.

Rad-daddio posted:

There was a long running story(possibly fake) in the confessions thread about a guy who ends up sleeping with his much younger and attractive co worker and his numerous attempts to hide the affair from his wife. Then poo poo gets weird when his mistress ends up befriending his wife and basically spending all of her free time at his house. It was my drug for months. I wonder what happened to that dork.

Horny Dad left his wife and moved in with his hot young co-worker and they have amazing sex all the time and everything worked out for the best and his ex-wife and his new girlfriend who is half her age with twice as big of boobs are best friends and it's definitely not weird for his pubescent son, at all, for his dad to be loving some hot girl like 5 years older than he is. A Happy Ending for Everyone, and everyone clapped.

(That was, without a doubt, the most boring poo poo ever and I hated every one of those posts. I simply cannot celebrate someone cheating on their wife and allowing some young person to play psycho headgames with them. Those posts were all clearly typed 1-handed. Bug Boy and Therapy Goon were miles better, IMO)

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Yeah I think my all time favorite one shot confession was the wife goon who caught her hubby peeing in the kitchen sink and was considering divorce.

Like drat he was trying to not wake you up have some heart.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Rad-daddio posted:

Yeah I think my all time favorite one shot confession was the wife goon who caught her hubby peeing in the kitchen sink and was considering divorce.

Like drat he was trying to not wake you up have some heart.
Also pissing in the sink uses a lot less water. When you wash your hands you can also clean the piss from the sink with the soapy wash.

The real crime is using 4 gallons to flush your 200mLs of dainty piss into our municipal sewer systems

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006