Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This show's a little confusing for those in the eastern time zone as gong time is the set for the exact moment the clocks fall back an hour for us.

For a full preview check out Voices of Wrestling

POWER STRUGGLE
SUPER JR TAG LEAGUE 2019
November 3rd at 1:00 EST/2:00 EDT/6:00 GMT
EDION ARENA OSAKA

Liger, TMIV, Taguchi, and Uemura vs. Volador Jr, Titán, TJP, and Clark Connors
CHAOS (Rocky Romero and Robbie Eagles) vs. Bullet Club (El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori)
L.I.J (EVIL, SANADA, and Shingo Takagi) vs. Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr, Minoru Suzuki, and Lance Archer)
Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi
Special Single Match:Tetsuya Naito vs. Taichi
Super Jr. Tag League Final:Suzuki-gun (Yoshinobu Kanemaru and El Desperado) vs. Roppongi 3K
NEVER Openweight Championship:KENTA(c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship:Will Ospreay(c) vs. BUSHI
IWGP Intercontinental Championship:Jay White(c) vs. Hirooki Goto

Last major show before the dome and as a bonus it's at a reasonable time for North America on a sunday. Card is solid and even if some of the singles matches look to have obvious winners they have a good chance of delivering in the ring. KENTA vs. Ishii is the most interesting feud currently in the company and the Super Jr Tag League Final surprised many by only involving two teams unlike last year. As a bonus we should know much more about the direction for many of the non world title related Wrestle Kingdom matches after tonight.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
BUSHI gonna be so confused, he's used to having like 3 hours to shower and redo his makeup and nails before leaving the arena, not just 30 minutes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

All excited for Taichi to get involved in the hunt for Double Gold. All Hail the Black Emperor

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

All excited for Taichi to get involved in the hunt for Double Gold. All Hail the Black Emperor

Oh. Oh honey. You and Miho are going to be so sad...

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Slightly startled that Power Struggle gets a full thread of its own but no complaints. Unlike the start of the show, I woke up before 6am to watch this (and also ensure I had time to get breakfast & make tea & generally be prepared to not leave my seat for the next few hours) and it feels unnatural.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Volador Jr is a real life Spider-Man!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So is this the first match (I'm assuming that I didn't miss a match in the eight minutes between the top of the hour and getting done with my shower).

Uemura vs. Captain Connors is a gr

Liger vs. Captain Connors is a better start.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Uemura is good

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Is TJP an upgrade for "lovely sex pervert westerner" over Michael Elgin, I managed to get into New Japan regularly after Elgin pissed off.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ouch

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Is TJP an upgrade for "lovely sex pervert westerner" over Michael Elgin, I managed to get into New Japan regularly after Elgin pissed off.

I think Big Mike at his best is better, but TJP is better recently? Elgin has fallen into his worst habits of just doing MOVEZ which is very 2006.

ELP really is impressive.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I really wonder how El-P talks people into doing spots like that. “Yeah I’ll just put you over my shoulders while I do a tightrope walk on the top rope, and then DVD you into Robbie, it’ll be easy!”

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
uh holy poo poo that ropewalk sequence.

forkboy84 posted:

I think Big Mike at his best is better, but TJP is better recently? Elgin has fallen into his worst habits of just doing MOVEZ which is very 2006.

thank you for the analysis.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
It really is awesome to see the reception Robbie is getting since joining New Japan. It’s great to share the joy of watching someone I’ve been a fan of for so long.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

elgin's grossness had more of a discrete flashpoint whereas tjp just has like an ambient creepiness so it's probably an upgrade

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

TJP also never bragged about pissing on a woman while Kevin Owens was like “oh god please don’t tell this story again”, so yeah, definite upgrade

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think all of TJP's creepiness is about his opinions on why he can't get laid. It seems mildly better than forcing himself on women like Elgin did.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Poor Chris. ELP is a meanie.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Phantasmo is a Big Meanie :mad:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

EVERYBODY DIES MOTHERFUCKER

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Dickbelt!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
goddamn time change

oh well at least I got in in time for everybody to die

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
EVERYBODY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Archer looks rad.

Also Robbie didnt have to take the pin.... hes going up in the world

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

It’s a pirate and the representations of Western imperialism

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Everything is evil, bitches!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This is the cool trio of active LIJ wrestlers.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

OUTRAGEOUS TEKKERS

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Alright, Zack is my favorite again.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I will never get tired of Suzuki just laughing at people who chop him because they're not hitting hard enough.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Lance is going to loving kill Finlay, probably at Tag League Finals or something.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I hope someone from LIJ pins Archer. Not because I don't like Archer I just want one of them welcomed into the Murderhawk Mansion.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

Lance is going to loving kill Finlay, probably at Tag League Finals or something.

Or the upcoming US show

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

They should book Shingo v Suzuki for one of the nights of WK

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Or the upcoming US show

Oh yeah I forgot they were doing those. That makes more sense.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

They should book Shingo v Suzuki for one of the nights of WK

And then run it back on the other night of WK. And at Dash. And at every single show in 2020. You'd not get bored of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Well, running back Sanada vs. Zack at some point isn't a BAD idea.

ZSJ vs. Sanada is a very good match.