Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

In this thread, we fondly remember posts past, posts long gone, psots that have passed into the great beyond (archive lock)

Please describe some long gone posts that you remember being good, maybe it was even goldmined, you don't need to know, just fondly recall the good post and how it made you feel. Maybe others can chime in and talk about how it made them feel. If you are a medium or briefly possessed by a spirit, you may also bring us knowledge of the remembered post, such as who made it or an exact quote of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

whenever i to mozart i often think about a really good post that was like, the scene from amadeus where mozart is dying and hurriedly dictating Confutatis to salieri, but they're children and he's dictating a child's drawing of a family in front of a house or something

ty manifisto

Manifisto

wd-40's post about the claw machine doing dishes was the best kind of absurdity mixed somehow with genuine pathos

we have all been that claw machine

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

wd-40's post about the claw machine doing dishes was the best kind of absurdity mixed somehow with genuine pathos

:agreed:

that whole thread was great

City of Glompton

the hurf de durfament

and the friend square

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Friend square was my favorite thread. I still touch the square.

Nutting to death was funny because I just posted a thing I learned and people ran with it and it was extremely funny and good and I had nothing to do with that

Banh mi wife: I laughed, I cried, the cockles of my heart were warmed as if a hot Latina girlfriend had gently bosomed them from the cold

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
The passion dust thread:

City of Glompton

the breakfast foods thread

e: it was great, because i am pretty sure the op was serious but the replies weren't, which is one of my favorite types of threads

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Heather Papps

hello friend

the old bump this thread whenever you GET STONED AS gently caress thread, and all the good posts in there

my "bump this thread" thread was honestly a distillation of what that thread was to the pure joy of stopping by and posting "bump" in that thread

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

cda

by Hand Knit
PolishThunder

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cda posted:

PolishThunder

Manifisto

the cyoas take a lot of work but my hat is off to those who do them. luvcow's "direction not included" and vanisher's crab adventures are outstanding examples.

ty nesamdoom!

FreshCutFries

in trying to track down another treasure bear post i remember fondly i found this also very good post in a thread just called "."

google THIS

Also known as "The Day of the Thread" or "All LOLs Day."

google THIS

Manifisto posted:

I remember this one fondly too

google THIS

I know we don't really glorify owns but I still like when joke_explainer got Commie NedFlanders for constantly posting pseudo-philosophical threads, apparently as a way of working out his relationship issues.

thread title posted:

In a relationship, asymmetry is not the same thing as unbalance

Commie NedFlanders, aka dpimpjedi posted:

postmodern deconstructions of gender norms are quite interesting, but ultimately useless for our purposes

joke_explainer, aka Security Drone posted:

idk what you are talking about man. did your wife yell at you for not doing the dishes so you're posting on the yob justifying why you never helping out around the house is not unfair

joke_explainer posted:

wife: "well, good night dpimpjedi. by the way, it was my birthday. you forgot again."

dpimpjedi: *logs into byob* "what is time? an a priori notion, that together with space, allows us to comprehend experience. Just elements of a systemic framework that structures experience. True simultaneity cannot exist, neither physically or epistemologically. one cannot be said to have missed an event in such a structure"

El Spider

google THIS posted:

I know we don't really glorify owns but I still like when joke_explainer got Commie NedFlanders for constantly posting pseudo-philosophical threads, apparently as a way of working out his relationship issues.

without great tragedy we would never know true comedy

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

google THIS posted:

lmao

alnilam

alnilam

sometimes randomly think about my new dog's hit song, the one that's slightly less famous than the other one:

Facrunk my stuff, Facrunk my stuff, Facrunk my stuff, Facrunk my stuff to 10

it's catchy what can i say

ty manifisto

Twenty Four

Dios Mio!

So many, Thanksgiving coming up so the diorama thread!

That's probably my favorite feel good thread off the top of my head, but there are so many, so many!

Manifisto

something about yelp reviews of the beach?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

also, the pipe man thread will sometimes drift into my mind for no apparent reason

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

So many good threads.

The relaxing train video thread was a+

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Manifisto

linky (thnx to spirit for brief possession):

Thank you for visiting The Beach. Be the first to leave a review!
The return of the pipeman
Claw Machine
Direction Not Included
Crab Adventure
Crab Adventure 2

ty nesamdoom!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

The goddamn bun car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

The goddamn bun car

This is it, this is my favorite thread