Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

1redflag posted:

What’re you, offended or something?

I would think that ""everyone" would include myself. I'm not without flaws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

People have never not been getting offended, because the world has always been a gently caress for nearly everybody

My ancient great grandma used to rant and raise hell if she ever saw a Japanese person on tv or in the newspaper. What a snowflake

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Kazak posted:

People have never not been getting offended, because the world has always been a gently caress for nearly everybody

My ancient great grandma used to rant and raise hell if she ever saw a Japanese person on tv or in the newspaper. What a snowflake

Wait.... would that be offense or outrage? I'm lost.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

The KFC double down was this decade, right?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I was hoping Nazis might quit posting in GBS. Shame.

Posting from an electronic device made in China? Keep buying and supporting the concentration camps, prisoner organ harvesting, and all manner of reprehensible poo poo that would make Goebbels beam with pride

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mooey Cow posted:

In the 2010s mining cryptocurrency consumed more energy than industrialized nations of millions of people.

lmao

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Willfrey posted:

Posting from an electronic device made in China? Keep buying and supporting the concentration camps, prisoner organ harvesting, and all manner of reprehensible poo poo that would make Goebbels beam with pride

Yeah we should really go to war with China immediately to end their unique atrocities.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Willfrey posted:

Indeed. I agree that American and western imperialism empowering China is one of endless troubling facets in modern times that has ruined our world. Thanks for the support.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

it will be remembered as the decade we could have turned it around but didn't

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Away all Goats posted:

it will be remembered as the decade we could have turned it around but didn't

I'm 33, and one of the things I'm afraid about being old is that the young people are going to hate us because we didn't do anything about climate change. Like the hate we have for boomers but way way way worse. And our defense which is "But but but we couldn't do anything, the horrible Boomers were in charge..." Is going to hold no weight with them.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm 33, and one of the things I'm afraid about being old is that the young people are going to hate us because we didn't do anything about climate change. Like the hate we have for boomers but way way way worse. And our defense which is "But but but we couldn't do anything, the horrible Boomers were in charge..." Is going to hold no weight with them.

Young people don't vote, are physically and mentally weak from smartphone usage and are generally unarmed. Who cares who they hate or why?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Mr. Dick posted:

Young people don't vote, are physically and mentally weak from smartphone usage and are generally unarmed. Who cares who they hate or why?

It will be funny when young people my age are in their 40s and 50s, prime voting age, and pass laws loving over boomers hardcore.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

It will be funny when young people my age are in their 40s and 50s, prime voting age, and pass laws loving over boomers hardcore.

(climbing atop a fire watch tower on the nearest tall peak, with megaphone in hand. i inhale so deeply and strongly the sky is emptied of birds and clouds alike)

WHY
NOT
START
NOW?????????

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Yeah, pretty sure "prime voting age" is "as soon as you can vote."

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Jay_Zombie posted:

I'm not without flaws.
pish posh. your av is absolutely rock solid. the rest is just details

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Dick posted:

Yeah I don’t know, I think if we look at micro-fluctuations in barometer readings over the Pacific Ocean in the last month or two vs the last 5 years and compare that to almanac trends we could probably localize the source of global warming fairly easily.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Yeah, pretty sure "prime voting age" is "as soon as you can vote."

I've voted in almost every single election since I was 18 but this is definitely not true of most Americans in their early 30s like me. Hope this helps.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I've voted in almost every single election since I was 18 but this is definitely not true of most Americans in their early 30s like me. Hope this helps.

Same. The only one I skipped was 2016 lol.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

This is absolutely going to happen and I've been enjoying telling chuds that their kids are going to install uninals on their headstones because of how frequently they graves will be pissed on.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Indeed. I agree that American and western imperialism empowering China is one of endless troubling facets in modern times that has ruined our world. Thanks for the support.

You are a peach

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

gary oldmans diary posted:

pish posh. your av is absolutely rock solid. the rest is just details

The 2010's will be known as the decade in which SA gave me the warm fuzzies.

e: Thank you but I can't take credit for the av, I spent the longest time with av's turned off, then one day on a whim, I turned them on, and lo and behold, I have a cool avatar. Some wonderful goon did me a solid, and I have no idea who did it or when it happened other than sometime between mid 2007 and mid 2019. So if you're reading this, kind goon, thank you for the bitchin' av. (I love Aliens btw)

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
a gif where the hand is labeled GBS and the alien is jay zombie, implying his posts are bad and his presence unwanted.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Is there a what will the 2000s be remembered for thread from a decade ago? I wonder how well it holds up

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

a gif where the hand is labeled GBS and the alien is jay zombie, implying his posts are bad and his presence unwanted.

I love you too.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

I usually vote presidential years at least. WA is deep blue, so my vote doesn’t matter much. I did vote James Harris for President in 2000, one of 2 people in my whole county who did so. That vote definitely did not matter.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FactsAreUseless posted:

yeah lmao it owns

Humanity literally murdering itself over dreams

Gambling

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Kuato posted:

I usually vote presidential years at least. WA is deep blue, so my vote doesn’t matter much. I did vote James Harris for President in 2000, one of 2 people in my whole county who did so. That vote definitely did not matter.

You, uh, did catch this year's results, right? WA may be blue when it comes to national offices but state & local elections? Hoo-boy.

YagotmeIdidit
Jan 10, 2018
That the world did really end in 2012.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Yeah I don’t know, I think if we look at micro-fluctuations in barometer readings over the Pacific Ocean in the last month or two vs the last 5 years and compare that to almanac trends we could probably localize the source of global warming fairly easily.

It's god's will that the part of the world that has had colder than average temperatures is also a major industrial country that elected a climate change denier. Take that, godless Arctic!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

At the end of the day, normal people aren’t going to consign their parents to death in a ditch no matter how bad they hosed things up

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
the average american would drag their neighbor to a loving prison camp for a half off Chipotle's coupon so no, the minute there's a financial incentive to chuck gramma in the woodchipper it'll happen overnight.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

It's me, I'm going to single handledly stop the whole of russian-american-chinese industry to put a stop to CO2 emissions, all by myself.
*gets shot in the head and chopped into tiny pieces
"well at least you tried"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Dick posted:

It's god's will that the part of the world that has had colder than average temperatures is also a major industrial country that elected a climate change denier. Take that, godless Arctic!

Yeah, I wanna suck al gores dick too. :boehner:

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

Maybe something like how events saturate the public's attention then disappear. everybody hears about it then everybody forgets. kony 2012 lasted for like, a couple weeks? amazon rainforest fires lasted for like 4 days.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

the average american would drag their neighbor to a loving prison camp for a half off Chipotle's coupon so no, the minute there's a financial incentive to chuck gramma in the woodchipper it'll happen overnight.

Nah, it ain't gonna be gramma, its going to be whatever minority the chuds dislike.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxVDnpsGTZY

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Ka0 posted:

It's me, I'm going to single handledly stop the whole of russian-american-chinese industry to put a stop to CO2 emissions, all by myself.
*gets shot in the head and chopped into tiny pieces
"well at least you tried"

We simultaneously can't stop stuff and will probably get blamed for not stopping stuff. We're the Screwed Generation.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
Remember when gen x bitched about being the middle children of history. Good thing we want to die anyway.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

online outrage and yoga pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

We simultaneously can't stop stuff and will probably get blamed for not stopping stuff. We're the Screwed Generation.

Take a page from the greatest generation's playbook. It doesn't matter how much poo poo you gently caress up, or the post war suburban military prison industrial complex hellscape you create, as long as you beat Nazis, history will look upon you fondly.