Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Milo and POTUS posted:

wheres the original thread

op was dared to close it after threatening a goatman buttload number of times, and did.

Xelkelvos posted:

https://www.tacobell.com/xbox/index.html
Guess what Goons.

I won this promo. Pics will be forthcoming

Wow, congrats. Don't let your dreams be memes, post that poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
but also, stats from the last thread

The new OP has clearly earned his crown to be the king of Living Mas.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

https://www.tacobell.com/xbox/index.html
Guess what Goons.

I won this promo. Pics will be forthcoming

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
email them back saying thanks and also that they are cowards if they dont bring back the Bell Beefer.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
I got my 14 pass code it took about 3 days. New taco trough is good.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

That box is cool as hell and much more rad looking than the Xbox.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

sell that poo poo on ebay, buy a regular xbox one x and profit

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

big nipples big life posted:

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=xbox+one+x+eclipse&_sop=12

It's sub $400 at the moment on eBay and the ARV was $600 which isn't terrible. The controler is useful so I might keep that, but I might just hold off and see where the price goes after the promo ends in a few weeks. Especially closer to Christmas.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Xelkelvos posted:

It's sub $400 at the moment on eBay and the ARV was $600 which isn't terrible. The controler is useful so I might keep that, but I might just hold off and see where the price goes after the promo ends in a few weeks. Especially closer to Christmas.

Aye, the market's been flooded.

Gotta wait out for the seperated/divorced parents who aim to buy their children's love.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Only a very strange, very unique collector will want that taco box.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sell that poo poo on ebay and profit

ftfy

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Xelkelvos posted:

Yeah, I'd totally keep it unused in the box, including the controller, until like mid-December or so and make bank off the whole package. Could easily get $600+ once eBay stock goes low.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Aye, the market's been flooded.

Gotta wait out for the seperated/divorced parents who aim to buy their children's love.

The fine print on the promotion says there'll be more than 5400 given away so the market will definitely be a bit loaded for the time being. I entered and won last week and signed for it today so the delivery turnaround is very fast. Beyond that, the promo is still about halfway through so there's a couple thousand more waiting in the eaves.

For any Goon who wants to win, here's the way the contest supposedly works: For every 10 minute block, a time within it is randomly selected and the first code to come in after that time is the winner for that block. With the number of Xboxes given away and the times it spans, it very literally means every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day. Nominally speaking, that means if you hold onto a code and then punch it in at 6AM, you'll have better odds than if you put it in at Noon just because there'd presumably be less people putting in codes at that time. I put mine in at 9:35/9:36PM (idk if the code text or the confirmation text is the trigger) EST on 10/30.

https://www.tacobell.com/xbox/rules.html posted:

1. GAME PERIOD

The Game begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on October 17, 2019 and ends at 8:59:59 PM PT on November 23, 2019 (“Game Period”). The Administrator’s computer is the Game’s official clock.

5. PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"), AND ODDS OF WINNING

Prizes (5,454): Each winner will receive an Xbox One X Eclipse Limited Edition, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 6-month membership. The ARV of each prize is $599. The total number of prizes awarded in the Game will not exceed five thousand four hundred fifty-four (5,454). Limit one (1) prize per person/household. The ARV of prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed.
Total ARV: The total ARV of all prizes available in the Game is $3,266,946.
Odds: The odds of winning a prize depend on when the entrant completes a Game Play. Prizes will be made available at random times throughout the Game Period, with one (1) prize randomly seeded during each ten (10) minute interval of the Game Period. The first person to complete a Game Play at or after the randomly predetermined winning time as determined by the Administrator will be a potential winner of a prize. The number of prizes available to be won will decrease during the Game Period as prizes are awarded and claimed. The ARV of prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 5, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Barudak posted:

Only a very strange, very unique collector will want that taco box.

It's kinda a neat box. It's one of those single piece fold-ups and the inside has the Taco Bell pattern printed inside. Even, absent the interior pattern it's a very convenient size to store stuff.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The xbox itself is unique to the promo, an article I read said they sold for pretty ridiculous prices last time they ran it but I never saw what those were.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1191418985964867585

quote:

“I’ve been about Taco Bell ever since I was in college, man. It’s been my favorite fast-food restaurant,” the Grand Valley State graduate said. “That’s a delicacy. We don’t get to eat it too often, but after games, if they’re open, I go there.”

“I’ve been trying new stuff,” Judon said. “The fries, those are good. Crunch wraps, those are good. And the breakfast is off the chain.”

When I told Judon I didn’t know Taco Bell served breakfast, he was legitimately shocked/offended.

“Whaaaaat? You don’t know nothing about Taco Bell. You’re not a fiend like me,” he said.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/matthew-judon-explains-body-built-by-taco-bell

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hell yeah

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The first time I went to Taco Bell, I think the Double Decker taco was in stores as a promo before it became a regular thing or something and It's been one of my favorites ever since. It's removal from the menu upsets me somewhat.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Can you get a beef canoe of chicken

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

taco bell in canada doesn't serve breakfast and its goddam bullshit :argh:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:hmmyes:

I was watching that game and heard that but I figured I just didn't hear what he said correctly. No way someone cool would mention something cool.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

taco bell in canada doesn't serve breakfast and its goddam bullshit :argh:

It sucks

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

shovelbum posted:

Can you get a beef canoe of chicken

no one answer this I beg of you, my body will die

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

This dude is amazing and went to my high school. I hope he gets his own Taco Bell commercial soon.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

HELL YEAH

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Live Pass
Game Mas

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

*gun shot* *airhorn*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEEI6VwMIek

sick

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

my tentative plan for lunch today is to win an xbox one and then throw it into the trash

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if you really want to win the stupid thing you can request up to 32 free codes by mail

quote:

To obtain a Code without making a purchase fromOctober 3, 2019to November 8, 2019,an eligible consumer must legibly hand write his/her full name (no initials), complete street address(no P.O. Box), age, and valid e-mail address on a 3½” x5” properly stamped postcard and mail it to: Taco Bell® and XboxGameCode Request, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Requests sent in an envelope will not be accepted. Mail-in requests must be postmarked by November 8, 2019and received by November 15, 2019. Administrator will send one (1) Code by e-mail to the e-mail address provided on the request. Limit thirty-two(32) total Codes per person/email address via Mail-In Code Request.

that's a $160 value. then you can just order 2-3 regular chalupas like a normal person

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

poverty goat posted:

my tentative plan for lunch today is to win an xbox one and then throw it into the trash

dang man, you sound so jaded you should be nephrite

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

poverty goat posted:

dang man, you sound so jaded you should be nephrite

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

poverty goat posted:

if you really want to win the stupid thing you can request up to 32 free codes by mail

that's a $160 value. then you can just order 2-3 regular chalupas like a normal person

Some day we'll just order a triple chalupa box and this won't be a problem*

*tested in Minneapolis and Orange County circa 2018 with a second testing last February

StupidSexyVaultGuy fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 5, 2019

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is this even available in Canada?

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm not seeing anything indicating it isn't.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Some day we'll just order a triple chalupa box and this won't be a problem*

*tested in Minneapolis and Orange County circa 2018

:eyepop:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

e: nevermind

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 5, 2019

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Double post.

Here's an extremely big, beefy boi tackling the entire menu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIGHM_FklBY&t=8s

StupidSexyVaultGuy fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm not seeing anything indicating it isn't.

Just checked, and much like a lot of the Taco Bell menu, it is not available in Canada.