Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I thought it was weird till I tried em and I thought it worked out really well. Just had to go easy on the sour cream otherwise it turned into this creamy gross mess that barely had any buffalo flavoring. I usually ordered the buffalo fries and buffalo burrito together for a meal and my god that was just peak fast food perfection for me. I'm not even a huge buffalo fan really, but their flavoring was just spot on for my tastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler
So, is there any reason why you won't be able to still just customize your way to a steak soft taco? Steak isn't going away, and I assume the avocado-ranch is in something else also? Or is that unique to the steak soft taco? My wife has gotten hooked on those things since she tried one a few weeks ago....

Also, found out our local taco bell is going to be closing.....and a new taco bell cantina will be opening in town, even closer to us that the current location. Cantinas are the same food menu right? Just some lovely (I assume) alcohol options added on? Or is any of the booze halfway decent?

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

ROJO posted:

So, is there any reason why you won't be able to still just customize your way to a steak soft taco? Steak isn't going away, and I assume the avocado-ranch is in something else also? Or is that unique to the steak soft taco? My wife has gotten hooked on those things since she tried one a few weeks ago....

Also, found out our local taco bell is going to be closing.....and a new taco bell cantina will be opening in town, even closer to us that the current location. Cantinas are the same food menu right? Just some lovely (I assume) alcohol options added on? Or is any of the booze halfway decent?

I went to the one in Vegas a couple years ago and yeah, lovely-ish booze (I mean it's not like a whisky bar or anything, it was just the freezes with shots in them) but they did have some different food things (like, appetizers mostly?) I enjoyed it.

The Breakfast Sampler fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 22, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I attempted to live mas but as my finger hovered over the order button a peal of thunder sounded and the heavens opened so I stayed home and had Fritos in chili.

Separately I discovered that Taco Bell sells a hot sauce packet pattern bikini: https://www.tacobelltacoshop.com/products/sauce-packet-bikini

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Midjack posted:

I attempted to live mas but as my finger hovered over the order button a peal of thunder sounded and the heavens opened so I stayed home and had Fritos in chili.

Separately I discovered that Taco Bell sells a hot sauce packet pattern bikini: https://www.tacobelltacoshop.com/products/sauce-packet-bikini

Where's the Diablo sauce

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

ROJO posted:

Steak isn't going away, and I assume the avocado-ranch is in something else also? Or is that unique to the steak soft taco?

Avocado ranch is default for the shredded chicken burrito

doritto
May 12, 2013

Midjack posted:

Wowza, that bikini has me drooling just imagining someone wearing it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s only $60 too, what a deal!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Oh good, they sell one of the other bikinis as separate parts, so I can get a taco bell bikini top and swim trunks combo for, and let me check my calculator here, way too much fuckin money

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Killingyouguy! posted:

Oh good, they sell one of the other bikinis as separate parts, so I can get a taco bell bikini top and swim trunks combo for, and let me check my calculator here, way too much fuckin money

Your lack of commitment to Living Mas is disturbing

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The sauce packet pool float is actually kind of clever.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Those prices are a lot of brand commitment for a place I go to for the one dollar limited time offers.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

If I owned a couch I would absolutely get the sauce packet pillows

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I just picked up some Steak Soft tacos and grabbed some Cinnamon Twists to fill out the meal and something strange happened. The Cinnamon Twists were hot. I don't know that I've ever gotten hot twists from TB before, ever. They're kind of incredible.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Killingyouguy! posted:

If I owned a couch I would absolutely get the sauce packet pillows

thread title

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Universe Master posted:

Those prices are a lot of brand commitment for a place I go to for the one dollar limited time offers.

If the prices weren't so bonkers if definitely have the burrito wrapper blanket and the sauce pillows at the least. But lol at like 60bux for a novelty blanket

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I tried the grilled cheese burrito yesterday. Eh. Not a big fan of the red strips or the chipotle sauce. It's cheap but I don't think I'd get another one.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Hi taco bell thread, I just found out that taco bell is getting rid of the 7-layer and wanted to commiserate with other weirdos who probably got done being upset about that pages ago.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

corgski posted:

Hi taco bell thread, I just found out that taco bell is getting rid of the 7-layer and wanted to commiserate with other weirdos who probably got done being upset about that pages ago.

Latest Bell news is all bad they're getting rid of the potatoes too!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Latest Bell news is all bad they're getting rid of the potatoes too!

There is no god. :smithfrog:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Writing was on the wall when they cancelled the grilled stuffed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
:rip: Taco Bell

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

corgski posted:

You kidding? I think the first page of this thread has people angry about items that were removed a decade ago lmao

Their outrage is justified, naturally

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm going to try to get as much tbell as possible before they do terrible things to its menu :smith:

Had anyone tried to order "one of everything disappearing"? Could be a new gauntlet!

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Johnny Truant posted:

I'm going to try to get as much tbell as possible before they do terrible things to its menu :smith:

Had anyone tried to order "one of everything disappearing"? Could be a new gauntlet!

The Ephemeral Gauntlet

imagine someone growing up never knowing what a mexican pizza is except through youtube supercuts in the year 2043 reminiscing about old taco bell menu items

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

postmodifier posted:

imagine someone growing up never knowing what a mexican pizza is except through youtube supercuts in the year 2043 reminiscing about old taco bell menu items

truly this is the worst timeline

i seriously said "WHAT THE gently caress" out loud when i saw they were getting rid of the 7-layer burrito. like, why??? 7-layer add jalapeno sauce and steak is the fuckin stuff of my adolescence

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

truly this is the worst timeline

i seriously said "WHAT THE gently caress" out loud when i saw they were getting rid of the 7-layer burrito. like, why??? 7-layer add jalapeno sauce and steak is the fuckin stuff of my adolescence

I don't even get it because everything in the 7-layer is in other menu items that are sticking around as far as I can tell, like you have the ingredients right there.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

corgski posted:

I don't even get it because everything in the 7-layer is in other menu items that are sticking around as far as I can tell, like you have the ingredients right there.

right?! i hope we can just order it off the "secret menu"

but like, WHY are they getting rid of potatoes? literally anything on their menu with potatoes is fire

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

right?! i hope we can just order it off the "secret menu"

but like, WHY are they getting rid of potatoes? literally anything on their menu with potatoes is fire

Potato prices are still on the rise so it’s either run up prices on everything with potatoes in it or drop the items.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.

Midjack posted:

Potato prices are still on the rise so it’s either run up prices on everything with potatoes in it or drop the items.

Really? I feel like less than two months ago farmers were blowing up on the news for literally dumping metric tons of potatoes on the city limits and saying "ok come get em I guess, if you want"

Is this because nobody came and got them, or what? If I was taco bell I'd have sent a fuckin sleek-rear end fleet of black trucks there in a minute to secure free potatoes for a year...

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

postmodifier posted:

Really? I feel like less than two months ago farmers were blowing up on the news for literally dumping metric tons of potatoes on the city limits and saying "ok come get em I guess, if you want"

Is this because nobody came and got them, or what? If I was taco bell I'd have sent a fuckin sleek-rear end fleet of black trucks there in a minute to secure free potatoes for a year...

Without going too far into national fuckup discussion, farmers were still producing plenty of potatoes but processing and distribution haven't been keeping up so the available supply to end users has shrunk and prices have increased.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx5S1NKqTk

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

this is the future Yum! Brands, Inc. wants

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

i'd order a 5 dollar box of this

EDIT: holy poo poo i'm losing my poo poo at this guy's videos.

Highest Cactus fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 25, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Gonna live mas on some potatoes for maybe the last time today

:(

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I tried to live más and they screwed my order all to hell :(

TCC: All this walkin', made me drunk!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

I tried to live más and they screwed my order all to hell :(

I lived mas last night with an enchirito, grilled cheese burrito, and a beefy fritos burrito. They left the fritos out, what the hell are they doing back there?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Midjack posted:

They left the fritos out, what the hell are they doing back there?

You just tasted the future

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
Whoever posted the thing about getting a modified potato soft taco and steak soft taco, and then rolling their contents into each other like a big dumb burrito:

I did it today

and I love you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ate taco bell today. 2 potato tacos, 2 of those value menu melts, a cgc, and a grilled cheese burrito. Potato tacos were real good today, I had to wait a little longer bc they said they were making them fresh. Grilled cheese burrito was decent, but I probably wouldn't get it again.