Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

i say swears online posted:

lol i thought it was solid chicken, is it really nuggetized meat?

the double-decker has been gone or a whole goddamn year

It is at least real chicken but I had it for the second time and it just is meh.

On a positive note I ordered 3 soft tacos and a chalupa supreme last night and got 3 chalupas and one softy. Score.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009
Made an online order for a cravings box with a black bean crunch wrap and when I got to the window they told me they were out of crunchwraps but could do any other menu item (how?) so I got a black bean chalupa. VV tasty but I paid for onions and spicy ranch on the Crunchwrap and got neither on the chalupa.

Still ate everything. Sometimes the Taco Bell gods bless, sometimes they taketh away. All I can do is tithe and hope for the best

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Zil posted:

Does anyone else miss enchiritos? Or am I the only weird one that does?

It wasn't my fave, but it's just sauce and a burrito why not have it on the menu, I feel.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Aardvark! posted:

i hate the idiot ceo they got that got rid of all this poo poo. and then gave us a cost inefficient tiny chicken sandwich. suck my.damned balls

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Aardvark! posted:

i hate the idiot ceo they got that got rid of all this poo poo. and then gave us a cost inefficient tiny chicken sandwich. suck my.damned balls

Taco Bell: Home of the Chicken Wing

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
i bet there's not a taco bell in the country that wouldn't let you hop behind the counter and make whatever you want for fifty bucks at this point

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

Taco Bell: Home of the Chicken Wing

lol

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I had the chicken thing again on Monday and it had the distinct freezer burn texture normally only found at Jack N The Box.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Aardvark! posted:

Pretty sure it was the whole point, start loving with the menu so relentlessly that we wouldn't notice them jacking prices through the roof.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:umberto:

----------------

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
poo poo chicken sandwich is gone in two more weeks, and then october is gonna be one hell of a bell month

Cantina Crispy Melt Taco - a Fresh, Fried-Daily, White Corn Shell, with its fixings of Nacho Cheese, Beef, Three Cheese Blend, Sour Cream, Lettuce, Cheese and Tomatoes. It'll come in Regular, or Vegetarian with Black Beans.
It comes in a Box ($5) too, alongside a Beef Chalupa, Taco and Medium Drink.
Then, the Deluxe Cravings Box ($7) makes a comeback, with a Steak Chalupa, Doritos Locos Taco, Five-Layer Burrito, Chips and Cheese and a Medium Drink.
We'll get to quenching our thirsts, with the Cherry Twilight Freeze, Blue Raspberry Freeze mixed with Candy Cherry Syrup.
Crispy Chicken Wings will make a Hype Arrival for ONLY ONE WEEK, Oct. 27th-Nov. 3rd after 2pm. 5-piece Wings with a side of Spicy Ranch.
Cheesy Gordita Crunch looks to make a return as a LTO Combo, alongside Two Tacos and Large Drink. You can even get a Doritos Cheesy Gordita Crunch

----------------
This space intentionally left blank.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
cantina taco is basically just Fancy Supreme Taco but if it's a buck or even a buck 50 it easily trumps the chicken sandy
deluxe cravings box sounds great and i always welcome the return of cheesy gordita crunch

unfortunately it reads like this is going away early november because tbell is not allowed to have good things for very long anymore

----------------
This space intentionally left blank.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Minrad posted:

Cheesy Gordita Crunch looks to make a return as a LTO Combo

What? The CGC never left the menu.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

they never let sour cream items go for a buck, i'm afraid that cantina taco is gonna be two fiddy

----------------

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Q_res posted:

What? The CGC never left the menu.

It isn't a combo though. Although you can get it on the online only cravings box.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Minrad posted:

cantina taco is basically just Fancy Supreme Taco but if it's a buck or even a buck 50 it easily trumps the chicken sandy

That description though makes it sound dope so I'll give them that at least. But I think you are right that it's a supreme taco with nacho cheese. Which, hey, there are worse things on the menu.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

muscles like this! posted:

It isn't a combo though. Although you can get it on the online only cravings box.
The CGC is dead to me until they bring back the Fiery dorito's shell, which made life worth living.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

The taco bell app has stopped working so I've stopped eating at taco bell. I can't check out no matter what and just get a mysterious error. I'm not making my ridiculous custom order through the speaker like a caveman.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

poverty goat posted:

The taco bell app has stopped working so I've stopped eating at taco bell. I can't check out no matter what and just get a mysterious error. I'm not making my ridiculous custom order through the speaker like a caveman.

I assume you already checked on the app store to make sure it doesn't need to update or something, yeah?

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

poverty goat posted:

I had that problem the other day too. Had to close and reopen it like 4 times to finally get through

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

poverty goat posted:

Android or iphone? If android I know you can clear your apps cache and that usually gets rid of whatever bad data the app is hanging onto.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Check your card to make sure you weren't charged anyway. I had four charges from two failed attempts to use the app last week. I feel bad for whoever made four identical orders that never went anywhere. Hope they got a good free lunch out of it.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I did have a month of the iphone app hanging for ~5 seconds, and sometimes crashing, when I push the checkout cart button. Cleared up on its own though, haven't seen an update.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

between incidents like that or showing up after placing my order to find the restaurant closed, i have about a half-dozen chargebacks in the last year. i've literally never done one before all that

----------------

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
How do y’all reheat your crunchwraps? Got two in a two for one deal and I’m gonna save one for later

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Microwave for 30 sec or so to get it warm, then put it far on one side of a lightly greased pan over low-med heat, and put less than a tablespoon of water at the far end and cover it. After a little bit flip it, and a tiny bit more water, and re-cover.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Baron von Eevl posted:

Microwave for 30 sec or so then eat it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
60 sec at half power unless I'm REALLY hungry

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Chow down on that bad boy cold like the degenerate animal we all are.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
“Save for later?” WTF dude? Next time think before you post.

I mean, it’s right there: forums.somethingawful.com
Where did you think you were posting? Jenny Craig?
:argh:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
In my defense I also got a big nacho box and a bunch of soft chicken tacos! But I am not on the level of the gauntlet champions

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

In my defense I also got a big nacho box and a bunch of soft chicken tacos! But I am not on the level of the gauntlet champions

And you never will with that attitude

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

How do y’all reheat your crunchwraps? Got two in a two for one deal and I’m gonna save one for later

I don’t understand the question

thank 2 blaise rascal for a cozy sig

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
i've never had a crunchwrap that found out what sunrise looked like

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My old roommate would buy a party pack of tacos and half a dozen crunchwraps at a time and just graze on them for a few days at a time. He just ate them straight out of the refrigerator cold. Sometimes on the third day he'd put all the leftovers in a 9x13 casserole and cover it in beef gravy and bake it. It honestly didn't taste that bad but it didn't feel good.

His whole life was a sodium warning.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Maybe that leftover gravy casserole filled a hole in his stomach AND his heart

----------------

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

everdave posted:

Maybe that leftover gravy casserole filled a hole in his stomach AND his heart

Those holes in your heart are called "arteries."

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Thanatosian posted:

When I eat Taco Bell, the holes in my heart are called “Sodium Channels.”

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Thanatosian posted:

And I need them filled with the Bell and not existential despair. Until they are filled with regret shortly after I finish my 10-12 item order

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Well I didn’t do the crunchwrap casserole but I did end up eating it before reheating had to be considered. God bless