Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Can't wait to slam too much TBell in my hometown over Xmas break

Gonna fill a bathtub with cheesy gordita crunches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

My wife's friend makes "cowboy candy" which is like candied pickled jalapeno and oh my god is it good

This sounds heavenly, holy gently caress

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Philthy posted:

The problem with the nacho gauntlet is those chips get soggy quick and they become so weird, like wet paper.

Yeah this is why I shy away from tbell nachos

The loaded potatoes or whatever, that's a side? gently caress yeah

Nacho challenge but sub in potatoes for the chips? :taco:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

gently caress yeah I'm gonna fuckin DESTROY some of these fuckers while I'm back in my hometown for Xmas

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

What about a gauntlet where we butt chug as much Baja blast as possible and the winner wins a date with me

If the date is boofing more Baja Blast I'm in

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Q_res posted:

If by "loving awesome" you mean a flavorless, greasy mess.

Taco John's is amazing you take that BACK

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

poverty goat posted:

i kinda want to eat several of these

Oh dang I might have to get these before I leave my hometown tonight

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So what's the consensus on the best 2 double decker tacos?

I'm thinking nacho crunch and reaper ranch for my más living tonight

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I got the reaper ranch and Chipotle whatever double decker tacos and drat, they're good

Really wish there were more than 3 tbells in my city, need to live más more often

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I've been super hungover all day but just got some taco bell. Am I the only one that struggles to eat at all, let alone mountains of fast food, when hungover? Anyway I still managed to eat 2 chicken soft tacos and 2 beef soft tacos. With more for later. Woo

My hangovers are actually usually me just destroying food, like I can eat forever, it's very weird

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Super Waffle posted:

As promised quite a bit ago, I finally managed to make it to the Taco Bell here in Osaka. I've been here for work for about a month now, here are some pictures and trip report:

JAPAN TACO BELL TRIP REPORT: Was a bit of a trek but I found the Bae in Namba Dotonbori. The menu is limited compared to the states but the core flavors are there. I opted for the Cheesy Core Burrito combo with chicken, spicy level 3, and Mexican fries. I also grabbed the new Chickstar Crunch wrap.

Fries were just tossed in taco seasoning, nothing to write home about. The Chickstar was an interesting combination of textures; 8/10 would eat again. Star of the show was the Cheesy Core Burrito. It was like an inverted quesoritto, with the cheese down the middle and twice the size. Addition of red strips in the cheese core adds a welcome bit of crunch to break up the monolith of chicken and rice. The warm, safe, familiar flavors are a welcome change of pace from the onslaught of new and strange delicacies in this foreign land, where once-in-a-lifetime experiences and opportunities seemingly happen by the hour. You soon become desensitized to the beauty and wonder you're surrounded with, unable comprehend it all until you fall into an ennui at odds with your environment.

Sometimes you need a taste of home to remind where you are and how far you've come. Sometimes you need a tortilla full of rice and cheese.

:nice:

I was in that same building at another restaurant in May, and kind of regret not hitting up T-Bae-ll

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Taste folding

It's means tasted!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Giant Metal Robot posted:

Is it possible to train for the burrito gauntlet? What's the optimum baja blast strategy?

Dunk your tacos in Baja blast

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I just realized the new tbell in Boston is only 1-2 minutes out of the way of my normal commute home

Gonna live the gently caress out of some más very soon

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fritzler posted:

Hey dude. It’s like 5 min walk from my work. Lines can get really long there though, FYI.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm fine waiting in line for the Bell. Long time no hear from you, hope all's well :cheerdoge:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

dudeness posted:

Cinnabon tacos, frosting filled monstrosities.

Omg if they bring back the ChocoTaco with some form of Cinnabon icing I will willingly give myself type 2 diabetes SO FAST

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

JK Fresco posted:

I already ate nothing but taco bell for two weeks remember

Are you my old roommate?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The tbells here in Boston don't do delivery to me :negative:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm going to try to get as much tbell as possible before they do terrible things to its menu :smith:

Had anyone tried to order "one of everything disappearing"? Could be a new gauntlet!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

postmodifier posted:

imagine someone growing up never knowing what a mexican pizza is except through youtube supercuts in the year 2043 reminiscing about old taco bell menu items

truly this is the worst timeline

i seriously said "WHAT THE gently caress" out loud when i saw they were getting rid of the 7-layer burrito. like, why??? 7-layer add jalapeno sauce and steak is the fuckin stuff of my adolescence

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

corgski posted:

I don't even get it because everything in the 7-layer is in other menu items that are sticking around as far as I can tell, like you have the ingredients right there.

right?! i hope we can just order it off the "secret menu"

but like, WHY are they getting rid of potatoes? literally anything on their menu with potatoes is fire

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fellis posted:

it is done, 59 minutes

jfc i am sort of ashamed i didn't tap. i left the quesarito for last by group vote and i was doing okay right before the first bite of it

:worship:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

forgot my bike locks when i tried to live mas last week

i made a calendar event so i wouldn't forget this friday

it's fuckin ON

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Packing a lunchbox to transport my delicious tbell home after work today

Thinking of lighting a few candles

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Two potato soft tacos, cheesy gordita crunch, the new grinned cheese burrito and the double decker taco thing were my dinner last night

:bisonyes:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Woodpile posted:

Panera kicks Taco Bell's rear end fyi.

bougie-Subway eating bitch, get out of our topic!

tetsuo posted:

del taco has one upped the bell on the very day they've ended the 7-layer. one day i will make them the thread they deserve

this is tight, why have I never heard of Del Taco before

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

kumba posted:

chipotle is loving terrible. moe's supremacy if we're talking fast casual burritos

their queso is fuckin AWESOME

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Moe's! :yum:

my partner and i have joke about having them cater our wedding. she fuckin LOVES that place, like if there's one in an airport that we passed through we always had to go. can't lie their version of the crunchwrap thingy was better than tbell's

edit: the closest Del Taco to me in Boston is in Detroit :negative:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i wouldn't call chipotle great but i must have gone to the like, two good chipotles in all of america cause they were decent. i wanted a bigass burrito for like :10bux: and got it

fuuuuuck shameful chipotle snype right after a chipotle topic has been created :negative:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jinh posted:

also the sofritos at chipotle are secretly amazing

yeah this is true.

but you're wrong about Moe's being worse than Chipotle, sorry but this is objectively true

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cheesy gordita SCAB

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

TheAardvark posted:

Here's the new stuff coming with the cuts:

Chicken Chipotle Melt 

Dragonfruit Freeze

Green Sauce (ed: in "select markets")

Quesalupa (ed: in Knoxville only. thanks reddit)

Also fresco will now be "diced tomatoes"

jfc

relationship with tbell: OVER
taco john's: NEW BEST FRIEND

if y'all haven't gotten hip to TJ's and there's one by you, do it. good poo poo, and i could crush like a pound of potato oles right now

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

hopefully they just tank so bad they immediately reverse all menu changes

and then also make the cheesy gordita crunch only a buck

and also i win the lotto

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

that was scrawled on the back of the bathroom door at our first tbell

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

maybe they can just replace all the stores with a vat of beef* that customers can ladle out themselves

you pay per scoop, and the value menu is just fractions of scoops

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

poverty goat posted:

It's like a slurpee machine, but fully automated. The first lever dispenses Baja Blast, the second dispenses seasoned beef, and the third nacho cheese, directly into your cup.

Call me when they're doing Baja Blast enemas in a to-go cup, until then I'm gone

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

TheAardvark posted:

crispy chicken habanero soft taco

this sounds amazing

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Crusty Nutsack posted:

the high point of taco bell was when I was a kid

it will never compare to your memories

drat

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

The all-day breakfast kicked rear end. Putting a hash brown on a double cheeseburger elevated both exponentially.

my god, this goon is a GENIUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Crusty Nutsack posted:

the Mexican pizza cutting thing is blowing my mind. I even remember eating it as a kid with the drat spork because it was such a pain in the rear end to do

Yup, it's my first tbell memory ever