Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

i can never remember if this guy is Private Chowdown, Corporal Chowdown or Sergeant Chowdown could someone remind me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Please sign my petition in re: lettuce
This will be sent to all fast food companies.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Lettuce (shredded) should only be included on tacos, or taco-shaped food items, if so desired

2) Lettuce of any manner should be banned from being included in burritos, or any food item that is fully wrapped or enclosed in a way that is meant to be consumed hot or warm.

3) Lettuce (shredded) should be banned from any sandwich meant to be consumed hot or warm, including but not limited to burgers, forever.
3-a) unless it is immediately consumed after preparation.

-----------------------------------------

Sign below. Merry Christmas.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
potatoes are good if you are starving to death. restaurants love potato menu items because potatoes are cheap as gently caress, they are empty vessels that restaurants can pile more cheap poo poo on, cheese, bacon, whatever. have you ever seen someone just cook and eat a potato by itself? i doubt it. there is a reason for that

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

everythingWasBees posted:

I spent a good portion of a year where I didn't have access to any reliable source of food money eating mostly plain potatoes and sweet potatoes and quite frankly I do not appreciate you disparaging my saviors.

that is exactly what they are good for

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

WITCHCRAFT posted:

order a single soft taco on the app, and in the comments/notes section paste a wall of (illegal on the clearweb) hex code that will basilisk-imprint on the mind of the drone employee. They will perform a sort of dance within the kitchen hive. This signals to the other drones where your "burrito as big as my head" can be found. They will leave the kitchen hive and travel to the location specified. The burrs on their hind legs will attach to the foil wrapped burrito, and it will ride back with them to the 'Bell hive.

If you make an order like this, it is customary to request a small cup of water and some sugar packets. Before you drive away from the pickup window, mix the sugar packets into the water and hand it back to the employee at the window. Tell them "it's a tip" and nod towards the back of the kitchen. If they refuse, drop 1-5 United States dimes minted before the year 1965 (ensures at least 90% silver content) into the drink and offer again. If that doesn't work then you are really in trouble and I can't help you. Seek a professional, you'll need it.

lol

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I didn't think this question was worthy of a thread so I'll ask it here. Why do companies advertise things as being 99 cents, or 9.99 dollars, or 599 dollars or whatever? Do they think this is an actual effective marketing technique? When I see that poo poo my brain auto-translates it to 1 dollar, 10 dollars, 600 dollars + tax. And I am a stupid drunkard and can still do this without thinking about it. Why do companies keep doing this?

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Midjack posted:

This, the only thing I even try is to ask for "no mayo" and even then it's a coin toss, but it's easy enough to scrape off. The nadir of order fuckery was years ago at a Wendy's when I ordered a spicy chicken sandwich, baked potato, and Diet Coke and they gave me a grilled chicken, fries, and Dr. Pepper. Totally coincidentally that restaurant burned down the following week.

When my family first moved to Omaha when I was a kid, the first restaurant we visited was a Perkins. My mom found a dead cockroach in her pecan syrup. That location closed later and was bulldozed for parking space for a nearby apartment complex. A similar thing happened at (what may have once been) a nice hotel, and it was later closed, demolished, and replaced with a strip mall.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

WITCHCRAFT posted:

sometimes mushrooms. will deffo do this again when i have rotisserie chicken leftovers

you had me until mushrooms wtf

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
if the chips are soggy why not just use a fork

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
I don't get the attraction with potatoes, give me a chicken grilled stuffed burrito

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
Three Hail Marys and consume two grilled stuffed burritos from The Bell. Go and sin no more.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

do they not have them anymore

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
nice post/av combo

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I see myself next year cruising through the Taco Bell Defy in my brand new 2022 Integra. I casually hit the switch to change the color of the underglow to match the Bell as a robot hands me my CGC with added on nacho cheese sauce

lol

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
the chicken soft tacos are ok. i usually go for the burritos though

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
what is the most yall have ever eaten in one sit? in terms of sheer volume. my record is 5.2 lbs, a few thanksgivings ago. i measured myself before and after eating/drinking

for the record i weighed 146 lbs when i got out of the shower this morning

edit: i ate three grilled stuffed burritos from the bell while drunk and didn't feel very good but i finished it just for the taste

Zippy the Bummer fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 27, 2021

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i used my vote to make the vote count 69. also i wanto to talk about the double steak but will wait for the new thread

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
so did i imagine this, or did taco bell briefly get rid of the grilled cheese double steak burrito, then bring it back but much smaller? because the ones i got tonight seem two thirds the size of the ones i used to get

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Tried out that cali breakfast crunchwrap. It was fine. You're basically trading that creamy jalapeno sauce for guac so just depends on what tb sauce you enjoy.

Also got one of them chipotle chicken burritos

no loving way is that burrito that big you must have cut in at an angle with a knife or something, i refuse to believe

oh wait nevermind yeah the camera is just really close. carry on

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i will not give you a taco ticket......this time

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
the lady at my preferred bell knows my orders from memory. she let me know when the chipotle ranch chicken burrito was being taken off the menu, but retained in their computer system so i could keep ordering it. tonight she said it would finally be removed from the system altogether, and replaced by the "cantina burrito" sometime in march. apparently it is the ingredients of the cantina bowl (which ive never had) but in a burrito. i hate anything different but i will give it a chance when the time comes

i really like the chipotle chicken burrito and the chicken enchilada burrito is a bullshit item in comparison

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
yes, i am blessed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
cantina chicken burrito is solid. the lady at the window has my order memorized now also