Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Got a beef nacho box plus spicy potatoes today and god drat it was good. Thank you for listening to my taco story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

:siren: New items out for testing through Dec 25 :siren:

Grilled Cheese Burrito (Chattanooga, TN)

Goddamn I want this

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I would absolutely pour that bisque on a taco salad or dip some tostitos in there.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Had taco bell for lunch today, my hard taco dripped taco juice (??) through the wrapper and all over my work pants. Worth it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah if I was living on my own and had a sack of weed I'd definitely give that poo poo a try but I'm not taking a bag of burritos in the bathroom to sneakily eat them and then come out pretending like I didn't just consume 8000 calories of food in there.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I deserve this.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I bought a B5L and two Frito's Burrito's on my way home last night and felt like death afterwards so yeah the gauntlet would destroy me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Beefy nacho is my jam but have also been enjoying a Frito Burrito on occasion after accidentally being served one that one time. Might have to try the shredded chicken one tonight though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Double taco things are pretty good for $1. If it did nothing but fix the problem of hard tacos splitting in half before you have a chance to eat it it's worth it for that alone. Chipolte flavor was good, I even liked the red tortilla strips one.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Also I remember the monster eye promotion because I once brought the straw to school and it got stolen, anyway, I developed trust issues at a young age.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXdWCRIF7nA

Holy poo poo, I completely forgot about this but seeing this commercial I now vividly remember having and playing with the eyeballs that came from this promotion as a kid.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RocktheCaulk posted:

I stand by my quesarito hatred!

I also don't like Quesaritos. I've tried them a few times but just don't like the flavor, I'm not sure if it's the flavor of the cheese or what but I'm not into em.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was late to work this morning and passed a taco bell so I figured why not try a breakfast thing from there and I'll be goddamned that breakfast crunchwrap was real friggin good.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Leaving us:
- Breakfast Quesadilla (And Combo)

Wait what? No.. I just discovered how good these were and thought they were a permanent item :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The first time I ordered the zero sugar baja blast in the drivethrough they were like "The what???" and I said "the zero sugar stuff" they said "Oh, DIET baja blast".

The next time I ordered the zero sugar baja blast I made sure to say "I want the diet baja blast" and the person said "The what??? Oh you want the zero sugar stuff.."

Anyway, I might pick up some cans of the stuff in the store. I think it tastes pretty alright actually.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I have not lived mas or eaten any food not prepared in my home since the quarantine began and I can officially say that at the first possible moment I will be purchasing a $20 satchel of taco bell.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lived mas on the sly today as I needed to go get some medicine for the cat. I had a pretty sub-par order because I needed something I could eat in the car on the way so I got the chalupa box and a nacho loaded griller. Pulled off to the side and ate the chalupa + hard taco in maybe 30 seconds? Then ate the rest on the way to the vet. Goddamn I miss eating lovely food :stare:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'll only ever give a poo poo about "Slusheys" aka the cherry and/or coke flavored (there are no other flavors in gods eyes) drinks that you get at Wawa/Sheetz/Turkey Hill/what have you.

I had to go pick up a prescription for my cat today which is my one time a month I can leave the house so I stopped at Taco Bell and got a B5L and two CGC's. That might've been the best B5L I've ever had - super hot gooey innards and stuffed to the brim. Good poo poo.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

My GF brought home a pack of these Taco Bell cheddar crisps and they actually taste pretty legit. The plain cheddar ones are meh, but the mild ones I have are real tasty. I need to get a pack of the fire ones.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm into the texture of crunchy things in an otherwise gooey burrito.

I like the red strips :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Goast posted:

they're bullshit in crunchy tacos

sure, if the vessel is already crunchy I agree that there's no need for them to be there. In a soft taco/burrito though I'm cool w/ it. I also put chips in my sandwiches because I am 12.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/DjandoM/status/1282822159434264576

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Spicy Potato taco varied greatly in quality every time I had it. When it was good it was sublime but when it was bad, yeah it's real bad. It was a cheap addon when I want a little more food but I'm not going to mourn it's loss too much.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TheAardvark posted:

I've always liked the "Crispy Chicken Go Wrap" from Wendy's which is basically the exact same thing, chicken tender in a soft taco with lettuce cheese and sauce. These are probably really good.

Same, and I was bummed to find out yesterday when I stopped by Wendy's for the first time in forever that they don't sell any of the go-wrap items anymore. Fuckin travesty.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Iron Crowned posted:

Wendy's breakfast menu is pro though

Yeah I took a day off today and decided to get a fat guy breakfast so I stopped there for the first time and got a breakfast baconator and gently caress that was delish.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I got a grilled cheese Burrito today because it looked like the kind of thing that would be hard to eat in a car yet totally doable and lol nope. Are they supposed to be pressed into a flat rectangle? The cheese on the outside gimmick just doesn't make sense to me, even in the off chance that I would be sitting at a table to enjoy my taco bell. The stuff inside tasted pretty good and I'm not ashamed to admit I like red strips but yeah the gooey greasy cheese on the outside is just weird.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hell yeah, Moe's is by far the superior choice of the slightly-more-upscale mexican chains.

I got chipotle last week and they loving forgot to put the protein in my girlfriend's burrito so I had to drive all the way back and get another. I swear they gently caress something up every time I go there. Same with Panera. That place sucks rear end and they never get my order right but it's near my house so I went there for dinner pre-covid more than I'd like to admit.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Double decker taco things are prettay prettay good. Kind of unsubstantial but for a buck it's a better option than getting a normal side taco. I like it because it fixes the problem of their hard tacos always getting a fissure right down the middle the moment you touch it.

Also they threw diablo sauce into the bag despite me not asking for it so I decided to try it for the first time. As someone who generally likes spicy things but is kind of a puss when it comes to super spicy stuff, this was just about the perfect amount of heat but tastes worse than the Fire sauce so I'll just stick with that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

i say swears online posted:

just got an email

WHAT IS HAPPENING this is the greatest day of my life

Hell yeah.

Also, as someone who works for a credit card processor, I appreciate the message about the authorization hold :hmmyes:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

As far as I'm concerned I'll keep going to taco bell as long as they don't gently caress with my chalupa :colbert:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'd almost be alright with wings if they were boneless strips with whatever "mexican" seasoning they want to put on them. Sell them for like a couple bucks for 4 of them like the taquitos and make it an addon but bone in wings is just so odd. I guess it's probably ridiculously cheap to acquire a million tons of chicken wings and resell them at a gigantic markup.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

TheAardvark posted:

i would probably go to sonic way more if it was a regular drive thru. it's just a drive thru but more hassle, no benefit at all to the whole dumbass concept

I've never been to a Sonic that didn't also have a regular drive through.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, you guys are missing out. Footlong Chili dog + tots, jam tots in chili dog, consume. poo poo's delicious.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I had to look it up because i've never seen one and yeah the nearest Del Taco to PA is in Michigan. :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've literally never purchased a Mexican pizza, I'm part of the problem. It always seemed to me like a floppier Crunchwrap Supreme, was there a hard shell or something to allow you to eat it like a pizza?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I like the sodium warning just in case someone intends on eating all of that on their own because they know someone will.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CmdrRiker posted:

Am I the only one who routinely got the CGC, chalupa, or Locos Taco and feels relatively unaffected by this menu change?

Nope! I just got two chalupas and two of those double stack things yesterday and they were both quite delicious.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I got a bunch of extra fire sauces yesterday so I can put some on the tacos I make at home. I'm considering making some tonight because I'm that excited about trying it on homemade tacos.

Somewhat off topic but I've been making tacos at home for ~20 years now since we always did tacos on Sunday when I lived at home and only recently discovered that ground turkey is just as good as ground beef in this application.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Philthy posted:

dorito tacos that have more dortio dust on them than an entire party size bag of doritos?

Hang on is this a bad thing?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, they got rid of the loaded grillers too? Da gently caress what am I supposed to get to eat in the car on my way home now? :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

They recently built a new Starbucks right next to the Taco Bell by my house and the entrances to both the drive thru's kinda share the same road, so at lunch time it ends up being a mess of cars and pissed off people because cars lined up for taco bell are blocking people who want to get to Starbucks, and people leaving Starbucks have to navigate around the line of cars at TB and it's seriously just a loving mess. Nobody thought for a second about how these drive thru's are going to clash when it gets busy.