Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Did anyone else's Taco Bell just completely remove a bunch of stuff from their menu? Like my local ones got rid of the Quesorito and the CGC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have a feeling the grilled cheese burrito won’t be long for the world since it looks pretty messy to make considering that they’re putting cheese on the machine that normally just grills tortillas.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The cheesy fiesta potatoes can be incredibly inconsistent depending on who is making them. I've gotten them loaded to the brim and barely half full. Also definitely annoyed if the loaded grillers go because they're both pretty good.

Still not thrilled that the ones in my area got rid of the Cheesy Gordita Crunch combo, which is weird because they still sell it on its own. Not like the combo had anything weird in it so it doesn't seem like it really saved anything.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zarin posted:

I recall this being the big pushback against ebooks at the start; "what if they change it on me and there's no way for me to know!?!?!?!"

And then everyone pirated downloaded ebooks 10 minutes after they were a thing and it was obvious that nobody would have 1984-esque control over the market like that.

(Not to diminish your app issues, that sounds like rude corporate stuff to me)

Ironic thing is that the first book that Amazon removed from people's accounts was actually 1984 (they did it because it turned out the person selling that version didn't actually have the rights to do so.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I lived mas yesterday and they still had potato items on the menu and they had the new stuff (which wasn't super impressive.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The cinnamon twists are good but can be a right loving mess as they get loose cinnamon everywhere if you hold the bag wrong.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Big fan of the potato loaded griller since it is just a small wrap full of potatoes, cheese and sour cream. Kind of like the Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes, just portable.

Also apparently foodtubes have been doing homemade crunchwraps recently because I guy I follow who does try out videos has done one comparing four different recipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGtD4j40Elo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thanatosian posted:

Are there rumors of anything new coming? Because that's just such a huge hit to the menu.

It seems like they've been doing that all year. Removing combo meals and items from the menu.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One of my local ones has been advertising on the marquee about vegetarian/vegan options. So they're definitely still doing that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kumba posted:

Losing the cheesy fiesta potatoes is a far bigger tragedy than the taco, imo.

I used to have a kitty who loved it when I got cheesy fiesta potatoes because of how much sauce is leftover when you finished. As soon as she saw you had it she would go bonkers. I haven't been able to bring myself to order it again after she passed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So how many days left for potatoes? Got to make sure I have to live mas again before that happens.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The red strips in it are pointless because they very quickly become so soggy that you can't even tell they're there.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Everybody's hurting so nobody's doing anything interesting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Not a fan of how that guy eats wings.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chief McHeath posted:

I'm at the Pizza Hut
I'm at the Taco Bell
I'm at the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

There used to be one of those in my town but it got remodeled into just a Taco Bell and then someone got murdered behind it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I don't think I've ever ordered that. Is it that bad?

It has no structure so it is a mess to eat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is the most Taco Bell item though, just a pile of meat and cheese wrapped in a tortilla.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

yikes! posted:

I read their post as a compliment tbqh

More of a statement of fact.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also long burritos.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have not lived mas since before the got rid of potatoes.

But I'm also trying to cut down on fast food and do more homemade meals for dinner, so I've cut down on big lunches.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A good example of how they're just making changes to make changes is what happened to the Cheesy Gordita Crunch. It is still on the menu but they removed the combo which is stupid because the combo was just a CGC with two tacos, it had nothing special in it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I saw a thing where apparently they're going to build any future Taco Bells more like Checkers/Rallys where there's not really any inside seating for customers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I decided to try living mas again this weekend and ran into the exact same problem as a previous person did with my chicken quesadilla, the cheese was barely/not at all melted. It was terrible. Also got chips and cheese and the cheese cup was only like halfway filled.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The only other fast food tacos in my area is Taco John but they're also all the way across town and inconvenient to get to. There are other taco places around but nothing really quick service related.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, there was a piece on the news here recently about Burger King of the future, and I looked at it and said "good job Elon, you just invented a Sonic."

Honestly I do think there is a place for a drive-thru only restaurant, namely near a bunch of offices, but you never see anyone just parking and eating at a Sonic, so why bother having stalls for eating in your car?

Like I mentioned before that's basically just Checkers/Rallys (same restaurant, different names by region) which only have drive thru and walk up ordering. The entirety of the inside is the kitchen. They sometimes have a couple of tables outside but that's it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Work decided that we were to live mas today by buying a bunch of party packs for lunch.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DO IT TO IT posted:

the potatoes deserved a petition way more than the mexican pizza

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

tetsuo posted:

The prophecy of the thread title has been fulfilled

It is supposed to be the new $5 box as well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

tetsuo posted:

There's definitely no dignified way to eat it. Approaching it from the open end is probably best.

Yeah basically once you eat any excess tortilla you're doomed to get it on your hands.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Remember when they actually did things that weren't just combinations of stuff that is already on the menu?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Basically the menu has gotten extremely boring in an attempt to save a little money and push customers through faster. They completely cut potatoes from the menu and stopped doing any interesting limited time offerings. The going back to basics thing might make sense if they were improving the quality of the regular tacos and burritos but they aren't.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No potato menu items AT ALL.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It hasn't officially reached the cut off date yet, it just seems that when stores run out of the special ingredients for it that's it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Taco Johns sounds like a restaurant from TV , specifically written to give a main character food poisoning as a plot device

When I was a kid we ate a Taco John's once and then a couple of days later it found out someone who worked there had Hepatitis so we all had to get shots.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

jimmychoo posted:

when tf is our holy the toasted cheddar chalupa leaving? i’m trying to stuff my face w as many as possible until then

I'm assuming Thursday because that's when the Nacho Fries are supposed to be back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh canoe sized. It was good but just way too much food.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, they were a little bowl of those cubed seasoned potatoes that were then covered with nacho cheese and sour cream. Very basic but pretty tasty.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Did those actually get a wide release or is it still just a test market thing?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Went back and looked and the wings were first mentioned as an item in August.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The potatoes slow down the drive thru thing never made sense to me because I've never noticed any difference in waiting between ordering a potato item or not.