Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I can not believe they took off those dollar double taco things. I had my kids for the past 10 days and had one free night last night and went to LIVE MAS and no more $1 tacos. When are these $1 grande burritos coming out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I just can't get behind the potato taco thing, just no flavor. Open to suggestions.

Last night I treated myself to 2 fritos burritos SANS fritos (nothing against them) but added beans and onions. Heck of a heavy bag for under $3! Might have to repeat tonight.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Minidust posted:

Lived Mas last night, wow this thread wasn't kidding about the makeshift 1/2lb Beef n'Potato Burrito. That's gonna be one of my go-to items from now on, and it's getting me to actually use the "favorites" feature on the app. :allears:

Mind re-hashing what the combo is? And total cost?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Loaded taco grande is a welcome addition! I got three without the red strips in case some got leftover for the next day and they were great! After spring break will try them with adding 25 cent beans and see how that compares to the same with the Fritos. Very solid deal!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I cook healthy 3 meals a day for my kids but when they are with their mom and I have been working in isolation all day I have been hitting the bell, but I only have RHD cars and the one I have been driving this week is quite wide but I am doing my part. They slide my $1 burritos in the bag on a tray through the left window so I can reach. Living mas indeed.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I have been killing the new $1 taco, no red strips. Fantastic deal. My place still has the Fritos burrito I get with no Fritos I get lien 2 pounds of food for $5-6. I leave out the chips bc I may reheat the next day

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Zarin posted:

Adding their Chipotle sauce makes 'em divine (though I leave the red strips in).

Too bad it's $0.35 per taco, but it's 35 cents well-spent, imo.

I’ve never had the chipotle sauce 35 cents a taco for some sauce tho? I may try it tonight

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Del Taco is offering chicken wing tacos I saw online. We don’t have them in my state. I am exceedingly happy with these $1 tacos but I’m sure like everything good it won’t last

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Is this news? As I ventured into my non usual Taco Bell to live mas (we can go in and use kiosks here) what is now on the value menu? BEEF BURRITO. I just figured a weak burrito filler but I added red sauce and got a few and Leo and behold, that first bite of one with red sauce spilling out, if it had been covered in red sauce and cheese this was an enchirito!

Amazing. It’s not stuffed with rose just beef lots of cheese sauce and maybe not sure a little rice if any at all. 10 out of 10 for $1

Edit: the second was not as glorious, the first was just overflowing with red sauce and cheese but my review stands. For one brief moment I was happy.

----------------

everdave fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 14, 2020

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

postmodifier posted:

w....what would happen if you used the app/touchscreen to remove the nacho cheese and add refried beans

If no one knows i'll try it today

They will just slop bean paste in your taco unless you speak to someone

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

i say swears online posted:

i am part of the problem

I as well it is too good of a deal

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I love hot sauce though my body doesn't but I just don't like the taste of the Diablo. I have been making things gourmet and using of course fire and hot sauce on the $1 double deckers but some of this Mateo's medium and hot salsa that they sell at Wal-Mart, talk about first class ticket to flavortown

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Minrad posted:

Fire sauce has been my preference for a long time.

Diablo doesn't seem hotter it just has that smoky chipotle taste, which I don't care for personally. That's about it.

Also thirding or fourthing or whatever that taco bell will honor requests for ridiculous amounts of fire sauce. I just slap like 50 packets on an online order every once in a while and now I don't need to buy 5 dollar bottles of fire sauce at wal mart.

The bottles of sauces are like $1.97 at my Walmart but I much prefer the taste and the freeness of the packets... really the fire sauce is hotter from the packet IMO

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I don’t want to be a Bell apologist but I got 4 double decker $1 tacos with extra red sauce no red strips and they were beyond amazing. The girl said I put some red sauce between the shells so it wouldn’t get soaked I was like bless you child. 10/10 for $4

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I feel your pain potato brethren, but I never tried them. My town is known for everything being clean and nice restaurant wise and one of the local bells just hit it out of the ballpark. The $1 double crunches can only be described as GIRTHY. This $6 bag of food weighs a ton and it’s time to get loco

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I’m in a small town but the value menu kills here the double taco and beef burrito add onions is off the chart. I delete the red strips so maybe I get lucky and they care more? I haven’t had a delicious Mexican pizza in 15 years too pricy

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
The $1 taco is gone!!!!!!

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Mischievous Mink posted:

Was just going to say the same thing. That really didn't last long. Menu looks more and more barren...

Absolutely gutted. Beef burrito added onions and red sauce but this was planned they had new pic menu up they didn’t even bother to picture the cheese roll up. And now at the kiosk you can type in how many sauce packets you want.

Such crap just put a freaking taco up for $1

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Mine on the kiosk now let’s you add packets and I’ve added ten each of fire and hit with no complaints I will try for more later in the week and test the boundaries

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I don’t mind the beef burrito with added onions and red sauce but it’s just boring. Losing the double taco just took the soul away.

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Everyone who thinks this is some master plan to wow you by bringing stuff back not to be rude but...wake up.

There have been many, many business articles that this is all about cutting seconds off drive they in a pandemic world. Some dumbass suits see they can do that and raise quarterly profits by X amount taking nothing long term into co side ration because they don’t care. They will be off with a severance package to somewhere else.

This is purely to focus on drive thru times, food costs and delivery oriented works to make short term gains.

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I’ve got a toaster oven the cheap burritos are orettt good when crisped up in there and cut up into slices. I do not get my kids “fast food” but sometimes when they come back from their moms I’ll have a bean burrito or two left over from night before and they like a few “slices” with dinner

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Mine say sold out let us find you a new favorite. How about no bitches???

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
if the double decker taco comes back then yall can kill me, im back every night. i got door dash tonight and extra salsa request got me extra chips and almost no salsa from a local one off restaurant. the burger was amaze balls tho (really)

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I just went to the bell and was happily surprised to see a $1 taco again. My
Christmas tree is spinning and it was delicious (I take out the red strips bit that would prob be good)

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Universe Master posted:

I got the new $1 tacos.

They are good.

Yes I had way too many last night solid deal

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I had nacho fries tonight for the first time and they were killer. My town always has good fast food but wow it was good. Crispy spicy and perfect

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I love Taco Bell but they'd probably end up with some sort of Hormel tamales in chili sauce quality disaster. Maybe I'd feel differently if I lived somewhere without Mexicans selling tamales by the dozen

Not going to lie I love Hormel tamales! A taste of childhood. Haven’t had them in years I need to get a big can for the kids and see how that goes. I truly, truly thought they were amazing as a kid

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

One time I was buying a car battery at a store and was told that I would get a better deal by standing there and ordering it online for in store pickup than if I just purchased it from the clerk.

I have done that multiple times at advance auto I can go to the car and get 20% off and they go ahead and pull the part waiting on me. It’s dumb but whatever they think it is dumb too but $20 is $20

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
As a waiter at Applebee’s back in the day if I didn’t charge them for sodas almost guaranteed I wouldn’t get a tip not sure how this translates to TB. My local bell is consistently solid and the value menu serves my needs fine!

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

explosivo posted:

Is there anywhere reliable to buy bottles of the fire sauce online? Amazon has some options but they're all resellers flipping them for far too much money. Are they not making these anymore or are they just hard to find for some reason?

my local nothing special Walmart has bottles of fire and hot in stock all the time.

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

explosivo posted:

Ooh nice, I don't get to Walmart often but I'll check next time I'm there. Thanks!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/4-Pack-Taco-Bell-Fire-Sauce-7-5-oz-Bottle/795267837

yeah every one probably has it, they have it on the website normal price $1.34

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Is it still a cool thing to take down a nacho party pack? I’m deciding whether to go get a giant bacon cheeseburger or be an hero on this. TBH the nachos look easily achievable maybe I will be surprised

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I am sorry brothers I have stalled. 1/3 left. I can finish I hope in 15-20 minutes but I’m afraid it will be soggy already running into that. You can add all the extras for the price of adding to a roach I should have not went wild and added everything on for a few bucks. I’ll keep trying. The extra jalapeños are awesome but very strong

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

I can finish this but man the chips are soggy now, and double extra jalapeño not doing me any favors

I will finish tonight after baking in the oven but I consider it a fail. I thought it would be a joke. If I had not done all the add ons maybe better chance for sure. I have failed you goons. And myself.

----------------

everdave fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Apr 9, 2021

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
What killed me is the soggy chips, I’d attempt again but probably delete some things like sauce and add as needed or my own salsa I have at home. Taste was fantastic just had to keep going for the edge dry chips to scoop. Being full I could have hammered through if not so soggy.

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Yeah I tried multiple times to get behind team potato, I thought there was something wrong with me, but I give up. Just mush and bland, and grilled was BAD and my bells are too notch. Value menu burritos for me beef and the bean add onions and red sauce are all I need. drat do I miss that dollar taco tho

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I am attempting the nacho party pack again it could either be easy or failure. Not gonna toss the rest will try the oven tomorrow if I fail

----------------

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Attempted not completed the food was awesome tasted great just should have starved myself. If it’s viable half leftovers in the fridge

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I am attempting to reheat a 2 day old nacho party pack failure. Will update if it is edible or not

----------------