Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Welcome to the game! All advice above is great, I would add/emphasize that you will get lots and lots of copies of the commons/uncommons/rares, so feel free to airlock as needed, especially human males as they don't help with cadet missions. This upcoming event cycle is good as you should try to participate enough to get to the recurring mega gold each week, these will be your best characters for a long time. The Insubordinate Mariner I got two stars on when I just started was still voyaging for almost a year, and new cards now are way more powerful than older cards. For the galaxy you will get a copy of the two purples if you do just one build in the first two days (and probably a 10X portal too, those are only missed on reruns) and can get three more copies of the new purple (though 130K points might be a bit of a grind) For the Galaxy, you use your spare items to craft special items and have a chance of getting rares that you can turn in for bonus points. the chance of getting rares goes up if you use featured crew or the same characters as the featured crew (not as high of a bonus), so when you get the free rares level them up a big if you can to improve your rare chance, which means less of the building steps. That's both less of a grind and uses less of your resources.

Last weekend I managed two copies of the Snot Riker to probably level up if I have time this week. And as we are heading into an animated mega, I'm probably going to go hard for all these new cards. RIP sleep and resources and slots.

If you pay money for the campaigns, there was drama again as they put a card already in the campaign in the new campaign, and then swapped it out last minute with good card Colonel Kira, almost enough to make me want to buy this campaign.

and now it is event time! A full galaxy to kick off the Animated Mega, and some fun drama to go along with it! The purple Garak that was supposed to be the new purple this week got his art changed at the last minute to make it look more animated or something. Instead it just looks weird, and the older art is much better. And added to that, the announcement is wrong, the prize this week is gold Renegade Locarno. The Hurricane Pike is a purple in next weekend's skirmish/galaxy. He was also added to the game along with next week's prize, but both were then ganked from the game earlier today. I've been busy all day so no idea why or if it has to do with the other art being changed.

Old vs. New!

quote:

Event - Unique Offerings - April 18, 2024 - Galaxy - Mega-Event Week #1

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/21221/galaxy-event-notes-unique-offerings-2024-04-18

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/3p/8w5o12p7lu5n.png

First contact is important, but it sure isn’t easy. While attempting to reevaluate the literal offerings Starfleet makes to new contacts, they find the exchange may leave them with more than they bargain for.

Event Name: Unique Offerings

Event Type: Galaxy

Event Start: Thursday, [04/18] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Phase 1 End Time: Saturday, [04/20] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Event Finish: Monday, [04/22] at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Squadrons: Y

Crew Sharing: N

Faction Winner Bonus: N

Event Crew: Worst Contact Riker (new) 5-star, Hologram Garak (new) 4-star, and Bat'leth Mariner (existing) 4-star

Mega Crew Threshold: Projector Spock (new) 5-star.

Ranked reward 5-star crew: Orion Hurricane Pike (new).

this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on [04/25].

Bonus crew

high bonus: event crew
small bonus: variants of Riker, Garak, and Mariner and crew with the ‘Animated’ trait.

Event Faction: Bajorans, Cardassians, and Ferengi Alliance

Live long and prosper,

The Star Trek Timelines Team

Next week, Skirmish/Galaxy, as Animation Celebration Across the Space Nations continues...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

insider posted:

Somehow found this thread. Honestly didn't know there was a thread here.

I'm somehow a newer player to this old rear end gacha game. Why? I have no idea but I honestly didn't know there was a Star Trek gacha except the awful Fleet Command or whatever the hell it is called. This is much better.

So I've been playing for two months and every piece advice says to focus on 3 starring all the cadet missions. Great so I try to do that. The problem is the greens I decided to level aren't good enough to actually crit the nodes on the 3rd tier (epic or elite can't remember what it's called). So I google and see some reference to the 'Little Book' and 'Riker's Angels' and all that. But literally every link just ends up now redirecting to the 'big book' and as far as I can tell doesn't mention cadet missions literally anywhere on it and which greens to actually level to 3 star them all. Help?

Writer of the Little Book here! Yes this got fully integrated into the Big Book (https://bigbook.app) but as far as I know no one has done a complete "best crew for this node" but eventually you'll just want to level them all up. The reason to focus on 1-2 is purely resource stretching in the early game. You'll have everyone stagnating at L60-70 and not going far if you try and level them all up at once. If you find you have a crew for a node you need to complete, just switch gears to that crew and keep going that way.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

The 20 valor compensation for all the ingame wonkiness over the last few weeks helped us brute force our way through a Nightmare FBB for the first time! This game just keeps on giving and giving! Looking forward to trying out Ultra Nightmare for the first time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol good luck
we've finished Nightmare exactly twice, both times with a lot of extra valor, and ultra nightmare is just an absolute lol no for us. We can't even clear nodes reasonably, there's not enough high level players trying to fill nodes to get close. Good luck! If you can get to 50% on ultra-nightmare you can get some bilitrium II, so it's worth trying.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
I somehow got in a top 100 fleet by sheer luck and they let me stay as I'm active everyday even though they are all 80+ level and I just hit 40 haha. They have carried me thru many fleet bosses and it's really accelerated my progress just getting all the upgrades and unlocks.

The wiki is nice because it lists all the cadets so I can just filter by highest Sci for each day for example and I know who I should level to crit the nodes.

Anyway making good progress now and I think I'll be able to three star all the cadet missions in a few weeks.