Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ghostlight posted:

Getting the yellow is pretty nice too. I bought the EV 7 of 9 month and she's been in constant use ever since.

Forrest is middle of the road, I think he's rated 4 or 5 in the master list. But yea EVA Seven is pretty great. I went though my current roster and favorited all the 1 and 2 rated characters in both Gold and Purple so I can focus more on the better characters.

EDIT: Ex Scientia is now fully 3 starred.

I love when i get a behold and not be in a position to check the guide and pick the worse character I could. At least Shinzon has Clone keyword, something I lack, and also Reman.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
My problem lately is I'm swamped with trash-tier purples at 1/4 star. They show up on voyages, from random pulls, or during events, and then I'm stuck with them forever. I've been occupied leveling up my rares and freezing them to make space, but it's an endless battle so far. I'm hoping they open up a crew slot sale some time soon because I'm saving my dilithium for one. I'd rather not pay full price.

e: It's also a bit of a shame since the maxed out rares are more useful than the 1/4 purples to begin with, and I've been too busy treading water to clear up crew space to work on purples/golds for a while. At least I'm done with all the cadet missions so I don't actually *need* the rares anymore.

Delthalaz fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 19, 2020

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That's the nature of purples. There's just so many of them that you basically need to wait until you're at 2/4 or 3/4 before even bothering to start on them because it might be a long wait for a second star to make them useful. Even then - I have a few 2/4 100s that are no longer useful but they're stuck in the roster until I can get those extra stars to fridge them.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I usually just go through every once in a while and clear out the lovely 1/4's, especially if they're not part of collections. No sense in hoarding a 1/4 Lon Suder when he'll never help out your squad, never be part of a collection, and you'd have to wait for a miracle to get another 3/4 to immortalize him.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah like half my entire roster is just parked 1/4s that I space whenever something better comes in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The guide really helped me purge and focus on who was worthwhile, and still gave me room to keep characters I liked that weren't great.

Conveniently organized from left to right in how much murder they've done

They've put up another play at home pack for free in the store.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 22, 2020

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Yeah I might just start purging the bottom tier purples that I don't think I'll ever want to work on. I just picked up Lieutenant Arex Na Eth and Doctor Chapel on a voyage. Why should I keep them?

Ooh also picked up an assimilated Troi via behold. I was torn because I could have gotten a second Klingon O'Brien but Troi's a tier 1 so I grabbed her.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Assimilated Troi is pretty useful because of her skill set and weird traits. Mintakan Troi is also pretty great because she has a billion traits and she’s an easy build, so always save her if you find one.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

eng+med is such a hard combo to get, gotta snatch those up whenever you can.

speaking of which, I think this week's event reward jurati is eng+med, so.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Apr 23, 2020

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Is it worth it to spend dilithium on characters from faction stores? I’m on the monthly 100/day and i’m seeing some purples in faction stores for 1500 a pop that I already have, so it’d be like a citation. I’m saving the dilithium up for whenever they actually have a slot sale — i’m about 6800 right now from some achievements/campaign rewards.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

They're quite expensive so I haven't done so. 1500 is 20 pulls on the slot machine, with a guaranteed crew if you wait for event packs.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Ghostlight posted:

They're quite expensive so I haven't done so. 1500 is 20 pulls on the slot machine, with a guaranteed crew if you wait for event packs.

Ah good point. I haven't ever actually bought event packs.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
It’s 1500 for a guaranteed Legendary but not all of them are worthwhile, plus that same 1500 can buy you two 10x premium packs that occasionally contain more than one behold. I don’t even spend my dil on Dabo rolls that often unless a) it’s a sale or b) I have less than 72 just sitting there. Typically I’ll just save up 650 dil for the 10x packs.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Oh yeah I kind of forgot about Dabo so to clarify the slot machine I was talking of spinning was the 10x packs, not the random chance game that features literal spinning. I would also only do that during half-price sales, and even then it's only if something is in the second row that I'd quite like.

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

Delthalaz posted:

Yeah I might just start purging the bottom tier purples that I don't think I'll ever want to work on. I just picked up Lieutenant Arex Na Eth and Doctor Chapel on a voyage. Why should I keep them?

Ooh also picked up an assimilated Troi via behold. I was torn because I could have gotten a second Klingon O'Brien but Troi's a tier 1 so I grabbed her.

She's barely left my voyage lineup since I got her FF/FE, definitely lives up to the ranking.

I'm also getting to the point of a bunch of mediocre 1-star purples hanging around. I've still got space to clear out from freezing completed 3-stars, so I don't have to get too brutal with airlocking them, but there are some unkind cuts coming.

Austen Tassletine
Nov 5, 2010
With the event packs, is the guaranteed event crew weighted towards the 4* cards, or is there an equal 33pc chance between all three regardless of rarity?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Definitely weighted toward purples. If you click the little (i) on the pack in the store it’ll give you the exact odds. A 10x guarantees one of them, likely a purple, but otherwise it’s 5% for a purple and 1.27% for a gold.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's definitely weighted but I couldn't say how heavily outside of assuming it's the same weighting as a drop.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who is recommended that's blue, female and has a high security? It's the only node I don't have anyone that has nearly the skill to get the rare reward from in Cadet Challanges. I would think maxed out Ezri would do it but nope, she's not even close.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Who is recommended that's blue, female and has a high security? It's the only node I don't have anyone that has nearly the skill to get the rare reward from in Cadet Challanges. I would think maxed out Ezri would do it but nope, she's not even close.

Private S. Money if it's for the node I think it is. She clears anything with a Veteran bonus.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Private Shmoney indeed bangs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

idoliside posted:

Private S. Money if it's for the node I think it is. She clears anything with a Veteran bonus.

drat I have airlocked her so many times. I remember early in I saw a post saying never bother with uncommon and rare PNGs with only one skill.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

drat I have airlocked her so many times. I remember early in I saw a post saying never bother with uncommon and rare PNGs with only one skill.

they'll come back. I've got every green person multiple times now, and airlocked private money so many times I could have a private militia by now.

but that advice is sound, if there isn't a very specific reason you need a gray/green/blue that only has one skill, there's no reason to keep them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Collections imo.

Smoney isn't worth 'keeping' (outside of easily doing that one cadet challenge (I used Vash for this)) but she's worth completing because she's part of two collections, Rare Crew and Valor in Combat. Valor only has 6 of its 25 crew available below Super Rare and Smoney is one of them - Rare Crew on the other hand has a maximum reward threshold of 80 out of 85 possible rares, and you might as well make sure those last 5 are drawn from the pool of rares that don't belong to any other collection.

But yeah, between 7-8 hour voyages and a merit pull for the daily mission you churn through everything blue and down pretty quickly.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

Collections imo.

Smoney isn't worth 'keeping' (outside of easily doing that one cadet challenge (I used Vash for this)) but she's worth completing because she's part of two collections, Rare Crew and Valor in Combat. Valor only has 6 of its 25 crew available below Super Rare and Smoney is one of them - Rare Crew on the other hand has a maximum reward threshold of 80 out of 85 possible rares, and you might as well make sure those last 5 are drawn from the pool of rares that don't belong to any other collection.

But yeah, between 7-8 hour voyages and a merit pull for the daily mission you churn through everything blue and down pretty quickly.

I think they recently upped the collection limit for rare crew, so a bunch of blues you no longer needed might be useful for the collection rewards again! at least in my case, where now I keep some blues I didn't immortalize around until I get 3 stars of one and immortalize.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I'll probably get her eventually. I have a bunch of greens and blues i'm trying to max out, but I have space to hold onto her when she pops up again. I do have Enterprise PNGs at a low priority outside of T'Pol and Phloxs.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
At a certain point blues become the new greens. The only reason Tuvix and the Duras Sisters aren't more of a pain in the rear end is because with four-hour voyagers pretty much every blue card is guaranteed to come your way sooner or later.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have the Duras sisters frozen, but I refuse to get Tuvix.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I actually highly recommend Tuvix because the moment you start building up a Tuvok all the Neelixes permanently disappear from drops.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ghostlight posted:

I actually highly recommend Tuvix because the moment you start building up a Tuvok all the Neelixes permanently disappear from drops.

What do you use? Armed Tuvok and Hazard Team Neelix?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The three star Ambassador Neelix.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
My Tuvix is immortalized :smuggo:, unlike the real thing

I’ve also got the Evolved Janeway and the terrible Duras 4*, but I refuse to waste the time on the Binars.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Ghostlight posted:

Is this true? I almost never get the goddamn Neelix I need! My Tuvix is at 3 stars.

e: is this new vulcan collection 550 dilithium package any good?

Delthalaz fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 29, 2020

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

you know what would be real good?

a star trek pokemon game.

KIRK used KARATE CHOP! It's super-effective!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Delthalaz posted:

Is this true? I almost never get the goddamn Neelix I need! My Tuvix is at 3 stars.

e: is this new vulcan collection 550 dilithium package any good?
It's as true as it feels! I've been sitting on a 99 Tuvok for three weeks now.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Ghostlight posted:

It's as true as it feels! I've been sitting on a 99 Tuvok for three weeks now.

Yeah he does seem much rarer. I’ve gotten 12 or 13 tuvoks so far and i think 3 neelixes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay I have an ambassador neelix, which Tuvok do I need? I can't remember a blue one.

I bought one of the Vulcan packs, got a 3rd star on my amok time spock.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

twistedmentat posted:

Okay I have an ambassador neelix, which Tuvok do I need? I can't remember a blue one.

I bought one of the Vulcan packs, got a 3rd star on my amok time spock.

Security Chief Tuvok, which is a 3*

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Admiralty Flag posted:

Security Chief Tuvok, which is a 3*

Oh that one. One of my first Immortalized characters.

I love how I can crew my ship withing nothing but Michael Burnhams.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Does it say anywhere what score you need to crit a node and get the rare reward? I'm trying to figure out which character to level up for Episode 7/ Mission 9 on epic -- someone with prodigy/innovator engineering, but I'm not positive what score would be enough note only to pass the mission but finish the node.