Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
A citation is generally considered the better option since you can choose a good character to rank up instead of getting a random one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, I've been waiting until i have 18k honour and ranking up a purp for a while and its serving me well.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I have 8 troi's, the most for a variant for me, with picard coming in at 6, 5 sisko's, and 5 kirk's.

Why are there so many troi variants out there? she's topped the list for my crew, beating out 3 different captains and series protagonists.

Jows
May 8, 2002

I like the freebie they threw in today.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Awe, Mirror Detmer is only for top tier people in the event.

I did get Swordsmen Scotty from the event pack and Golf Doctor is a reward from the event.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I thought I read it here but I went back a couple of pages and didn't find it...is there a minimum number of points you have to earn from the events to get squadron awards? I want to say it was 2000 points. Can anyone confirm?

I hate these supply missions with the fire of a thousand burning suns and want to do the least possible, though I guess I'll pick up golfing doc up to 40K, which probably makes it moot.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Not entirely sure but someone in my fleet said 2,000 was the minimum.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Am I the only one who likes supply missions? They're oddly satisfying and probably the most predictable form of event.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I like the implication that the Bajorans have no athletic tradition whatsoever. They can't dig up an archeological artifact that shows the ancient bajorns played severed head football or whatever. There's just nothing.

Luckily big daddy federation is going to invent a new sport for them. I'm sure the famously nationalistic Bajoran people will love this.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The second phase has a whole thing about how they DO have athletic traditions they're rediscovering, mind.

It's like a lot of post-colonial cultural rediscovery where they're recovering the old while exploring the new. Also like the implication that Vulcans used to have bowling. Though I always saw them as being naturals for cricket.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Hmmmm...opening day baseball theme packs.... I guess DB couldn't change the schedule
:thunk:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I fuckin love the Niners stuff, so I’ll probably gamble on some packs. Bought one of those “thanks for spending money on this game for years!” packs last night and ended up with the 5* Leonardo da Vinci and some 5* Chakotay that’s also apparently pretty good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
No Mirror Detmer in the event rewards, but it does have Ginger Jesus. I was worried Defiant Worf would be the reward character, as he's the only one I have frozen.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Waiting to see what Datacore makes of Riva because on paper it kinda seems like he sucks. Which is a shame because I actually like that episode for all its early-TNG weirdness.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Best part of that Riva episode is one of his chorus (who gets murdered) is played by John de Lancie's wife

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God drat I have so many characters and I'm at the point with a lot of them where they need really rare parts for their gear. I'm afraid to airlock anyone in case they're good or I'll need their keywords. Like is 3* Yellow Uniform Uhura better than Peggy Carter?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i use the do not airlock checklist for that - https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15561/do-not-airlock-checklist-thread-4/p1?new=1

i've got a bank of 1/4s that are taking up space waiting for additional drops, and priortise spacing them based on unfinished collections and voyage stats. also, remember to spend those replications! getting four rare drops of your choice a day really makes a difference in getting people maxed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ghostlight posted:

i use the do not airlock checklist for that - https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15561/do-not-airlock-checklist-thread-4/p1?new=1

i've got a bank of 1/4s that are taking up space waiting for additional drops, and priortise spacing them based on unfinished collections and voyage stats. also, remember to spend those replications! getting four rare drops of your choice a day really makes a difference in getting people maxed.

That list is hilarious because its about 90% needs. The only one i purged was Mirror Leeta.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

That list is hilarious because its about 90% needs. The only one i purged was Mirror Leeta.

Have a look at both the Little Book Of Cadet Advice and the Big Book Of Behold Advice for all your crew rating needs.
Also there's a big list of guides on the forum in the Ready Room which will be a big help.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15799/guides-and-tips-resources-and-help-for-players-updated-04-04-2020#latest

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

So I got over 1000 dil, already maxed out on shuttles and got 130 crew slots, what's worth spending it on?

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ghost Leviathan posted:

So I got over 1000 dil, already maxed out on shuttles and got 130 crew slots, what's worth spending it on?

IMHO save it up for the next 50% off crew slot sale. You'll start running out of slots sooner or later. Just in case you haven't done it, sub to the 100 dil/day card just to make sure you'll have enough dil for more slots. At $4 for 3K dil over a month, it's worth it.

Not sure when the next sale will be though.

Other alternate answer is if you don't have a 5* ship yet, spend $5K at the wheel every day then 10 dil for the second spin, then take your free spin. You'll get a good ship soon enough. Just do it in that order or you'll pay 30 dil for the third spin.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

idoliside posted:

Have a look at both the Little Book Of Cadet Advice and the Big Book Of Behold Advice for all your crew rating needs.
Also there's a big list of guides on the forum in the Ready Room which will be a big help.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/15799/guides-and-tips-resources-and-help-for-players-updated-04-04-2020#latest

That's a bit better. I have a bunch of characters at low levels that i've put resources into, but none i'm super attached to. Old Man Soong and One for example. I possible can't clear out a bunch, and get green crew so I can complete the cadet challanges.

The one for the lower ranked crew is a bit harder to read. My biggest hole is the elite and epic cadet challanges being completely undone. I think it was because I was flooded with legendary and super rare crew early on so i purged the common and uncommon crew really early.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 7, 2020

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
They’re giving away another Voyage token/Chroniton/Supply Kit pack in the store today.

idoliside
Dec 8, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

That's a bit better. I have a bunch of characters at low levels that i've put resources into, but none i'm super attached to. Old Man Soong and One for example. I possible can't clear out a bunch, and get green crew so I can complete the cadet challanges.

The one for the lower ranked crew is a bit harder to read. My biggest hole is the elite and epic cadet challanges being completely undone. I think it was because I was flooded with legendary and super rare crew early on so i purged the common and uncommon crew really early.

Time to make some tough decisions then. Get those cadets done as a priority. If nothing else because of the chron and farming opportunities are great. Weekday one's are fairly easy and there are only a few crew you need to immortalise to do them all. Weekends are slightly tougher as the range is higher but still worth doing, Saturday's will net you 6 purple rep rations every week.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I purged about 20 people last night, the only 10 and 9 ranked characters I kept are old man soong (he's level 100 with full gear, so might as well hang onto him) and Sarus sister. Everyone else, well my ship looks like the end of that Rick and Morty episode.

Ive unfrozen a bunch of greens for the cadets, and I'll focus on keeping greens for now. I still have about 10 slots free.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Once you 3-star a Cadet mission you don’t need the crew anymore, you can just warp it automatically whenever it goes up that day. The only greens and blues I still have are all frozen and I fulfill the cadet stuff each day. They’re generally a waste of a crew slot once you’ve been playing long enough.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, once I don't need them I will freeze them again. wait, you can use blues on cadet missions? I thought they were just for greys and greens? Not that I don't have a ton of Blues frozen as well.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, once I don't need them I will freeze them again. wait, you can use blues on cadet missions? I thought they were just for greys and greens? Not that I don't have a ton of Blues frozen as well.

I don’t remember which one specifically, but there was a set of missions I always used the Chain of Command Crusher on so I believe blues are eligible.

ed: According to the schedule, you can use blues on the weekend Cadet missions so long as they’re female (Saturday) or alien/part alien (Sunday).

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 9, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, that was helpful. Im blazing through the cadet challanges as I have so many greens and blues frozen I just can unfreeze them and out them on the roster, and when i don't need them, freeze them again.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
What on earth is going on with this artwork?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who is best in MED for Cadet Challenges? Crusher is slightly not good enough to hit the sweet spot to get the last star in the Female Only challange.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I think Crusher can do it on a high roll, but Nurse Kes gets the trait match and can pass it easily.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ghostlight posted:

I think Crusher can do it on a high roll, but Nurse Kes gets the trait match and can pass it easily.

Oh! I completely forgot about Nurse Kes.

Also, can anyone buy the premium track in the campaign?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Anyone with :10bux:, yeah. I used to scoff at it, but if you’re good about completing the daily missions then it’s really worth it. Over the course of the month you’ll get a 4/4* purple and a 4/5* legendary, an honorable citation for both, 4-5 (I think) 10x premium packs, and a poo poo ton of honor, chrons, merits, and useful equipment.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I just realized I misinterpreted your question because apparently there’s an issue right now with the premium campaign track locked out for everyone.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Who can pass the Saturday DIP checks?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

There's a handy spreadsheet showing which characters can handle which cadet missions (when fully levelled, starred, and equipped).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1S_yqmSXvGxTTNTRzJ4NVdPaUE/view

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just realized I misinterpreted your question because apparently there’s an issue right now with the premium campaign track locked out for everyone.

It worked its self out after a few hours it seemed.
\
And yea, if you want to spend 12bux its worth it. You get more dilithium and portals and other goodies than you could by just buying them.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Getting the yellow is pretty nice too. I bought the EV 7 of 9 month and she's been in constant use ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jows
May 8, 2002

piratepilates posted:

There's a handy spreadsheet showing which characters can handle which cadet missions (when fully levelled, starred, and equipped).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1S_yqmSXvGxTTNTRzJ4NVdPaUE/view

Oh hey that's awesome.
Less awesome is I have none of these.
More awesome is I won't waste my time leveling the Vedek Winn I picked up recently cuz she has DIP.