Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

My one complaint about this game is that I have Historical Footage Kim and Trading Card Kim and somehow neither of them have the Desperate trait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Snow Cone Capone posted:

How are you guys pulling these ships and 4-5 star crew without spending real money? I've got 1 5-star, 2 4-stars and a fair amount of 3-stars, but they're all stuck at level 10 with 1/5 stars and only a couple pieces of gear for them. Same with ships, I'm 150 schematics away from 4 different 5-star ships, but what I actually have is the default Constellation, and the inferior Maquis Raider.
Just doing daily quests will get you 4-stars from the monthly Campaign, and I've gotten a number of them from the couple of Events that have happened just while playing recently. 5-stars are very much luck-based and you're basically expected to max them out using Honour purchases because the chances of getting the same one again outside of an event character are close to nil, let alone 4 of them. I got given a 5-star Sisko at some point for logging in, and earned another 5-star from an event.

I got a 5-star ship from a lucky spin on like my first week, which then cruised through the ship missions picking up a bunch of other ship schematics as well as giving a trickle from just having entered the Arena league for it. Even at 1/5 it's done all the missions in the game so I'm not too concerned about maximising it since the only bonus there is Arena which requires me to also compete with min-maxed crew for the prize of... more ship schematics for competing in Arena.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Is it just me or is the hardest item in the entire game to obtain the loving no-star Science Experiment.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I was tickled purple by the amount of prune juice both Worf and Alexander consume.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm in the mid 30ks just using Enterprise-D Picard and Vedek Winn on a Val Jean. I'll probably need to change it up soon though because the level <3 Constellations are starting to thin out.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

remind me to quit my loving squad when this event's over

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yes - if you're not pushing them to immortality then 1 and 2 stars are extremely easy to re-acquire down the road.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I remember looking to get Clothing Patterns and the best place to get them according to the wiki was the 3-dot On Their Heels because while they might drop at a '3' frequency, when they dropped they dropped in multiples unlike the 5-dot sites. Usually if an item only has a 1-dot and it costs more than like 8 I'm going to replicate it or relegate it to ad-warps so I don't feel like it's a waste when I get nothing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ritznit posted:

We are getting 5 free slots, which is nice at least.

Babysitting voyages sucks butt. Another reason to use the DataCore Voyager Calculator is that it tells you pretty accurately how long your voyage is likely to go; I set myself timers on my phone that remind me about 10 minutes before that estimate so I check in. I know the game does a push notification as well but I silence all that poo poo, and I also play the Steam version sometimes.
I've lost multiple shuttles to that push notification being like thirty minutes late because I guess my phone decided to sleep the app until I unlocked my phone wondering why I hadn't gotten a notification yet. I'd rather lose a <4 hour voyage than spend dils on it though.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Running my crew through https://datacore.app/voyage tells me I could do a 4h 11m MED/SEC tour with:

ISS Defiant: 2300 AM

First Officer : Promoted Sisko (Immortal)
Helm Officer : Security Chief Worf (Immortal)
Communications Officer : M-113 Creature (3* 56)
Diplomat : Prisoner Michael Burnham (Immortal)
Chief Security Officer : Buster Kincaid Kim (Immortal)
Tactical Officer : The Viceroy (Immortal)
Chief Engineer : Duelist Barclay (3* 94)
Engineer : KDF Alexander (Immortal)
Chief Science Officer : Dr Phlox (2* 91)
Deputy Science Officer : Subcommander T'Pol (2* 99)
Chief Medical Officer : Dress Uniform Bashir (4* 80)
Ship's Counselor : Deanna Troi (3* 99)

Stat totals:
CMD 2140
DIP 2180
ENG 1532
SEC 4242
MED 1842
SCI 2812

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm not sweating my citation because my only golds are both 1/5 and unexciting.

Admiralty Flag posted:

Glad to see in the 24th Century people dress like I do

Random crew member outfit:
Starfleet [branch] uniform, made up of
I like that canonically you become a tng command officer by spilling coffee on your uniform.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

So much for always getting an A.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Double dailies :toot:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I have 1701 Dax :)

I just have a hard time jettisoning characters. At this point I've only got a couple of 1-stars that are close enough to freezing that I don't want to dump them, and basically all of my 2-stars are fused, so I feel bad dumping them.
Spacing fused cards gets you the cash for each star rather than just the one character.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's technically just sparkling wine and sparkles are made from light.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Delthalaz posted:

This game needs an option to specifically mute Scotty

e:
Any tips on how to get lots of trainers or more 3* characters? I've got a lot of 1/3 folks clogging up my roster that never seem to show up on voyages. I'd like to clear out my 1* and 2*s to make room for more useful characters, but I've been burning honor on those legendary trainers, and it takes a ton to get folks from 80 to 100. I hate using them on those useless folks.
that's what honour is for!

they might be useless but the collections are pretty decent bonuses to get and once they're done they're done, out the door and that makes more stars to burn for honour. your only other real source is faction missions - once you get a faction to honoured they'll be bringing back a half dozen or so gold trainers. also, faction events like the one currently running mean the winning faction brings back gold trainers in addition to whatever their normal rewards are.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yeah, I bounce between being choked by a lack of trainers and choked by a lack of energy to get the items to unlock more levels. I spend honour when I need trainers and don't worry about it.

I haven't bought any 3* citations but it hasn't really been for any reason other than I started with the idea that I'd concentrate on 1-2*s as much as I could with the idea that that gives me crew that don't require too much energy to equip for immortal as well as a spread of traits and crew I could immediately fridge for space as better drops popped up. As a result I've got a number of mid-50s fully starred higher tier characters to concentrate on before I even start to worry about getting stars on characters I'm not levelling.
I think a general exception to this is if the character you'd cite will unlock something for you - like a new mission tier or even just the ability to warp it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

uh, I just closed my android app and reopened it to find that i suddenly achieved two different 'raise captain level achievements' four times each for tens of thousands of honour and a 10 time epic spin.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's been working fine for me. Unless you're using the link in the OP which they closed down and migrated to https://datacore.app/behold

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i've got both federation and section 31 honoured because, well, they keep being the winning faction so of course i'm running those missions.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

New Year's login gift - 100 dilithium, 1000 honor, 800 merits, 120 chronitons
thanks for mentioning this - for some reason i didn't get any notification in game that there was a transmission just sitting there with a bunch of goodies.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

The frustrating thing is I've 3-starred 2/3 of the weekday challenges, and am at 43/45 on the last one, but Datacore keeps telling me to use 2-star characters on Voyages, so I can't keep enough space clear to keep and immortalize the handful of 1-stars I haven't done yet.

e: jeeze I've got 6 3-stars immortalized and 15 immortalized-but-active 2-star crew (and 6 more of them already frozen)
Start working up any purps you've got (especially ones with 3 stats) - they'll pass the 2-star stats well before level 100 which should give you the room to start collecting 3-stars. Don't worry about 1-stars - they're almost all bad, almost all belong only to the Common Collection, and they're very easy to collect. Finish off the ones you have then concentrate on collecting 3 and 4 stars until you get your crew past needing 2-stars.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If you run a couple shuttles each day for the daily missions it’s fairly easy to get factions to Honored. Events like this definitely help a bunch. I think the only ones I don’t have up to Honored yet are Dominion, KCA, and Hirogen.
It still takes a lot of time.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

okay well i guess two days isn't a lot of time lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I was doing a bunch of them to grind up rank when I started, but after a while you hit a pretty hard ceiling based on your ship and crew and since then I've done the absolute minimum since the rate of ship upgrades is a lot lower than their effectiveness in raising that ceiling and it's otherwise just a lot of busy work.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

So there was no in-game announcement for me, but tucked away in the crew time portal was a free Bones that unlocked a bunch of new purchases when I grabbed him including a legendary behold and citation for 40k honour.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Sometimes you luck out and get into a low-bracket gauntlet where people have entered the occasional 2 or 3 star crew instead of walls of immortal Mirror Phloxes and Picards. Once you have at least one good crew you might as well enter because even just one or two wins is free merits.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The most important thing intentionally losing will do isn't dropping your ranking (that'll happen regardless) but churning through lineups looking for an opponent you can earn points from.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I had enough honour for three behold/citations. I walked out with two Mambo Picards and a Desert Georgiou.

Now to sit on these citations forever just in case.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You inspired me to dump some merits into pulls and I got a Pah Wraith Keiko drop!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yeah, I had the crew to get all the thresholds but it was literally just me waiting for my voyage to come home then putting on a podcast and clicking through the day's missions as quickly as I could for like an hour.

I can only imagine how empty the ~2,000 people still above me feel.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The other thing I noticed was they removed the time limit on attempts, which made me extra paranoid about clicking on cancel.

Also: holy poo poo, a wild Armus appears!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You lose the defensive aspect of the cloak but you retain the cloaked status - I just tried it out with my usual crew of Kang and K.Dukat and I definitely still got the instant damage shot off after cancelling cloak with the attack boost.

e: it's only attacks that break cloak, not all abilities.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 5, 2020

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I mean, he's bad, but Shran is also exceptionally good.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You need to match one or more bonus traits for the additional points.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Every time they add crew slots my meticulously curated crew that exactly matches my limits gets messed up and I'm back to trawling through the list to kick out the trash from my latest voyage until I can get some more purps.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's fixed in the sense that the game now warns you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bug report: Calling All Combs doesn't include Acting Nagus Brunt.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Thanks, I saw the notice but didn't realise you had to claim it in the store.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm highly reassured by the article linked at the bottom of that one boasting of the same company acquiring a game monetisation startup.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

we've stopped receiving event picards right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Sweet. I was at four stars but I couldn't remember if I'd already used a commendation and there was another event coming or if I hadn't and I'd gotten them all.